Pro-tip: you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1Vko01D77Fg
youtube.com/watch?v=IDsCtDRV2uA
youtube.com/watch?v=m3zvVGJrTP8
youtube.com/watch?v=o_Ay_iDRAbc
youtube.com/watch?v=TV3IgZeQk_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Ksgw79s5vE0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Control_Productions)
youtu.be/7Db7CwKwOd4
youtube.com/watch?v=lnNwMiOWDM0
youtu.be/H14EyZ-o3Uw
youtube.com/watch?v=J0RKpmjjpLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NgPVI4YubsM
youtube.com/watch?v=LECmyZB-cgM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Best OST of the decade for sure

The Neon Demon in 2nd place

Cornfield Chase is the greatest 2 minutes of music that has ever existed.

it was pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=1Vko01D77Fg
youtube.com/watch?v=IDsCtDRV2uA
youtube.com/watch?v=m3zvVGJrTP8
youtube.com/watch?v=o_Ay_iDRAbc
youtube.com/watch?v=TV3IgZeQk_Q

Can't argue with that

Unironic kino
It will go down in the history of cinema

for once op is not a faggot

mr robot is my favorite tv ost

>Hans Zimmer
>good

Shit, when did the Fountain come out? Because that's gotta be a strong contender for best OST of the decade.

For TV the answer is Person of Interest, without a doubt.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ksgw79s5vE0

No arguments here. Best since LOTR.

Under the Skin, The Ghost Writer, The Social Network

Fountain is too old. Otherwise I would have listed Assassination of Jesse James as well.

It's literally one of the worst. It's awkward, incessant, and way too fuckin loud.

Jesus christ I just googled it, I had no idea it's been that long. 2006? Really? where did the time go???

>the fountain
>2006
>decade
>too old

i think op was proved wrong

Greenwood's work with TWBB, and the Master especially, is pretty great stuff

Its release date was before the 27th nov so it's over a decade old. And it's still not quite the level of the interstellar OST.

And inherent vice, while it used lots of pop songs, had some more great stuff from Greenwood

Scott Pilgrim, Attack the Block, Gravity, Life of Pi, Cloud Atlas

Some people would make the case for Tron 2. I am not one of these people.

Hans Zimmer was definitely a pleb 10 years ago. His company Media Ventures (now Remote Control Productions en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Control_Productions) churned out film music like a factory, and treated real musicians like Klaus Badelt as hired help. It was alleged he put his name on things that he had minimal composition involvement in, because they were predicted to be successful. It was considered odious by some who were editorializing score music fandom.

However BvS and Interstellar are great scores, he has really hit his stride in the last few years compositionally. He's not truly great yet, but he has finally written music of critical note.

t. amateur composition fag.

Inception score is a lot better

I thought inception score was pretty bad
What about his way older stuff, like The Thin Red Line?

I'm not saying that Interestellar score wasn't excellent because I loved it, No time for caution scene was sound perfection. But Tron: Legacy OST was a huge risk and absolutely knocked it out of the park.

What do fans of Interstellar's score make of Koyaanisqatsi and The Thin Red Line? Have they even heard him, or is Koyaanisqatsi just "the music from Watchmen."

OP here.

Just for clarification: by "greatest of the decade" I meant the incomplete 2010s, not 2006-2016. (Fountain-fags BTFO)

>how the music is made affects how it good it actually sounds

Dumbest shit I have read today

just watched this movie today senpai

The Thin Red Line has some elements in common with the Interstellar score. The repeating clock-like woodwind and percussion figures, prominent use of base and Zimmer-trademark synthesizers.

Phillip Glass was the first thing I thought of when I heard the Interstellar soundtrack. Glass has become more mainstream in recent years. He is one of my favorite film composers (Qatsi trilogy, Truman Show, Candyman, The Hours, Notes on a Scandal.) I still think Einstein on the Beach is weird shit and not a particularly fun listen. He is considered one of the most influential composers of the late 20th century, being among the first and certainly the most accessible to bring minimalism into film scores.

>doesn't realize that music is an art like any other and that music made without soul will be soulless.

M A C B E T H

A

C

B

E

T

H

Also High rise was amazing.

not him but both your comment and your semantics are the most retarded shit I've read in months.

>original

kek

The dark knight I RLY LIKE DAT T0002222 LOL

Yeah this.

>greentext

kek

youtu.be/7Db7CwKwOd4

Protip: I can

All good scores (and movies).

I think he was talking about Zimmer taking credit for things he didn't do, just slapping his name on shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=lnNwMiOWDM0

Beyond the Black Rainbow was cooler.

youtu.be/H14EyZ-o3Uw

The Interstellar soundtrack is literally just a ripoff of Koyaanisqatsi you colossal fucking plebs.

sounds nothing like it you FUCKING STUPID FUCKING FAGGOT IDIOT
youtube.com/watch?v=J0RKpmjjpLQ

>using pleb as non-ironic insult

Highly prententious, gratuitious, derivative, mawkish, self indulgent and disturbingly overrated. Sure it sets the theme and tone for the film but jesus, you people need to stop riding Hans dick for once.

Time by Hans Zimmer in Inception is GOAT.

cool adjectives, shutup you fucking loser

too loud

Hans Zimmer hasn't made anything good in the past decade

>literally just use random adjectives without any explanation behind any of them

kys contrarian shitter

This.

Plus Punch Drunk Love, Sicario, Gone Girl (any ross/reznor collab, basically), Tron, Irreversible, Mad Max Fury Road....

All better than Interstellar desu. Interstellar OST is good, but I feel it was nothing on 2001, and it was too saccharine for me, in the sense that it felt like a cheap ploy to elicit emotion, because Nolan's cold, sterile film couldn't do it alone.

But user, it's just a rehash of Journey to the Line

>deleting posts because of spelling errors
>can't be bothered to search the definitions himself
>assumes all opinions that differ from his are contrarian bait fedora lords
perhaps you should kill yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=NgPVI4YubsM

>thinking I meant the definition of the words and not the actual reason to why you used them

It's obvious as shit that you literally used a few meme words and hoped they would stick.

Why is it highly prententious, gratuitious, derivative, mawkish, self indulgent and disturbingly overrated?

He meant it's loud and reminds him of Phillip Glass.

Hasn't made an original score in 20 years.

Yeah, fantastic soundtrack

It's pretentious because Hans tries to exceedingly embellish a certain trait in is music where it becomes exhausting to listen to. It's gratuitous because he tries way too fucking hard to make some hugely divine and epic soundscape which could be downplayed to its most minimal barebones and still have the same effect, It's derivative because his soundtracks are the fucking same in every fucking movie and serve no real creative purpose other than random background noise that preteens can wank over in youtube comments. It's mawkish because it forcibly appeals to a certain emotional state that could otherwise be achieved through effective writing and directing but well all know Nolan is the biggest hack since the silent era which probably lead to Hans having to write this shit. It's self indulgent because Hans validates his own ego through these compositions and doesn't really have the movie at heart, only his own selfullfilling vanity. And it's overrated because I said so.

Oh wow, using music to evoke emotions is a wrong apparently.

haha no ur wrong you stupid fuckass
*grabs your ass and shoots a big load deep inside u*

wow cunt, you completely missed the point. There's music which offers an appropriate complementary relationship with the film and then there's Hans Zimmer. This guy doesn't know humility or modesty. I get the impression that he writes his music as the "end all be all" of music. He has his head so far up his arse that I doubt he can ever hear the music he writes anymore. No wonder it was so loud in Interstellar.

What would you consider an example of an "appropriate complementary relationship" then you old fuddy duddy?

>This guy doesn't know humility or modesty.

Sure he does. Just not when some guy is leaving his daughter and the planet to literally save mankind in some hail mary chance.

When there are make-or-break moments in the movie, yeah, all modesty is dropped in favor of grandeur. It's a pipe organ in a church.

This

It doesn't matter what I tell you since you're already in disagreement with my points but I shall humour you.
>The Social Network
>No Country For Old Men no official soundtrack but ambience
>Donnie Darko
>Pulp Fiction
>LOTR
>The Godfather
>There Will Be Blood

I feel the same effect could be achieved by the actual premise being that humans ARE being stranded on earth, that's grandiose enough. Church pipe organ bellowing out every note under the sun becomes excessive.

Not him, but he is on the button, as someone said up thread, Zimmer used his saccharine, generic music in most of his films, to create a soundscape that he deems to be monolithic, when it's not.

Zimmer's score is the only 'human' thing in Nolan's films, and even then, it's the equivalent of a Big Mac.

Punch Drunk Love is an appropriate complementary relationship. Badlands is another.

Based rare quality poster. Thanks for the actual dialogue, senpai.

Zimmer is another Hollywood go-to man, for when a director wants to emotionally enlarge their packaged film. They send it down the line to Zimmer.

this kills the zimmer

followed by
it follows
upstream color
a single man

Any true patrician knows How To Train Your Dragon had the best score of the decade.

youtube.com/watch?v=LECmyZB-cgM