Hi Sup Forums, /lit/ here...

Hi Sup Forums, /lit/ here. I wanted to ask what's your opinion on which are the most important languages one could know in the current age and why (please give examples). From my perspective I find Ancient Greek, German, French and Russian the most useful to learn because of the large amount of great literature in those languages.
>INB4 English

In the US, Spanish is the #1 language to know
Other than that I can't tell you anything. I mean, I personally would think that German would be the most important language second to english in the European sphere, but i 'unno

1.-English
2.-Chinese
3.-Spanish
4.-French
5.-Russian

I guess

Chinese

French would be the best when it comes to literature

Otherwise in Europe you really need German, and in Eastern Europe (Finland included) Russian. On the worldwide scale Spanish and Chinese would be important

I can tell you don't know anything t.bh

Those digits were wasted on you

Chinese
German if EU orientated

in western europe English + German + French is your best bet.

Anything else after that is overkill.

Honestly English, it's widely spoken and you can find a translation of almost anything

also
>French
>great literature
HA

English
Chinese
Russian
Spanish

>Ancient Greek
For what possible reason? Some old literature is not a valuable reason.

>Russian
Meme answer. It's not worth it.

Japanese
So I can understand what the plot at the start of all the JAV videos.

>Ancient Greek
Ancient Roman literature>ancient Greek IMO. I would rather learn Latin instead of ancient Greek.

Other languages you noticed are legit, basically French and German phylosophy and literature are the most relevant in our history.

Also, Russian flag on your pic is wrong, lol

Russia is still economically important. Knowing the language is bonus even if many of you understand English.

Nice Russian flag.

>if many of you understand English
If that was true there would be no such meme as CYKA BLYAT.

>in Eastern Europe (Finland included) Russian
I thought that only Russian immigrants speak Russian in Finland.

>I thought that only Russian immigrants speak Russian in Finland.

True I have no idea what that guy is talking about.

Redneck english

You can't blame them.

English is the language for just about anything outside of your country.

The dominant languages in Europe are English and French, not German.

There are no important languages at all. Just some useful tools for job, education or entertainment. Your choice only.

Read the fucking post.

>Ancient Roman literature>ancient Greek
What did Romans create except some weird poetry? Greek literature has a huge amount of intellectual work.

English is the only language everyone really needs to know.
Otherwise it depends on where you live:
If you live in the Americas, Spanish would be the obvious choice. It's widely spoken throughout both continents. If Spanish is your native language, and you're looking to learn a third one, Portuguese would probably be a good choice, because of Brazil.
If you live in the EU, German would be useful because they're Europe's largest economy and an important trading partner to pretty much every country in the region.
In the eastern part of Europe, and in central Asia, Russian is the only logical choice. It's one of the few places where English isn't used as a lingua franca, and you pretty much need Russian to make yourself understood.
Chinese if you live in Asia or work in trade.
And if you're African, Swahili or French would be good choices.