Why is free jazz so spiritual and harsh noise so nihilistic?

Why is free jazz so spiritual and harsh noise so nihilistic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=66MJ-KOFBFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BInLhUWO1TY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

crazy trumpets 'n' saxes and loud drumming give you deep feelings of passion, noise makes you realize music means nothing and that you are nothing

Because free jazz is free and harsh noise is harsh

gr8 album

"Spiritual" Free jazz has progression, harsh noise doesn't

"Spiritual" Free jazz is often made up of a variety of different instruments where the timbre of each instrument is discernible, harsh noise maybe have any number of instruments run through effects but the effects turn it all into one large slab of sonic noise which thus doesn't have the color of many instruments that spiritual free jazz

"Spiritual" Free jazz attains its textures through playing very fast/chaotic melodies together, harsh noise attains its textures through the abrasive aspect of noise through the process I mentioned beforehand

Since "Spiritual" Free Jazz requires more careful listening to discern the crazy melodies to be lost into its texture, it's a more cerebral work (which is where the "Spiritual" part comes into play.) Harsh Noise has a dark, abrasive sound that's nowhere near as cerebral but is far more hard hitting and visceral thus being more "nihilistic", not to mention that when starting to feel mentally/emotionally numb such visceral, abrasive music just tends to hit a listener harder than more cerebral stuff (or at least from my anecdotal evidence through depression and what I have seen others say, too.)

What does "Ramleh" mean. like where did that name come from

>he hasn't heard last exit

*they
and post a link

more like... why are both shit? Nobody knows! but it's cool to "Like" both of these. you can find "Friends" on the internet who "Like" this "Music" as well

youtube.com/watch?v=66MJ-KOFBFQ

also
>they

This, is the name is so obvious

Ramla, Israel. 25 seconds worth of googling, dummy.

As to why Harsh Noise (and by extension, Power Electronics) is nihilistic; it's a constant pursuit of trying to create a hideous, ugly sound that evokes a deep guttural reaction in people (and in some cases, yourself as the artist.) Many, if not most of the artists in this camp that I encountered throughout my times and travels in the scene tended to deal in extremities; in personal tastes, their personal life, and in the subject matter of their work. This often carries a somewhat misanthropic, dark attitude with it, which is practically synonymous with nihilism. Might be that the people making it have some nihilistic tendencies too, who knows?

t. guy who made harsh noise/pe for 6 years and toured the EU and the US

I've never listened to harsh noise. I might check it out

>guy who made harsh noise/pe for 6 years and toured the EU and the US
HAHAHAHA WHAT A FLEX

Who're you faggot

?

Some tired fat fuck who got his personal bullshit out through screaming at people through a bunch of DOD Death Metal pedals and contact mic'ed junk metal and then realized that he wasn't really that angry or misanthropic anymore; then quit that to go make rap beats for lil b and cakes da killa; then quit that to make shitty front 242 worship ebm/industrial techno, and now sits here talking on music forums about glory days in between working manual labour and designing algorithmic composition software by moonlight. who are you?

I think this track is pretty mellow.
youtube.com/watch?v=BInLhUWO1TY

Are you Breakdancing Ronald Reagan?

Hahaha no but I do have fond memories of him trolling trying to shut down a paypal donation account for Nate Young's brother who got burned pretty badly and lost all of his shit in a house fire. Boy, they were ready to fucking kill him over that one.

Very few noise artists are harsh, merzbow's harsh output makes up like 5% of what he does, the rest could be mistaken for ambient.

Which ones do you consider harsh? Followup: who do you consider not-harsh that others consider harsh?

Merzbow's harsh albums (that I can remember): Venearology, pulse demon, hybrid noisebloom.

Probably someone I think is not harsh but in the category is prurient, sure he has some harsh parts but he's no government alpha.

Prurients output from 98 to 08/09 (when he really started to go off the deep end with the endless side projects) was pretty fucking harsh. Go back and listen to Black Vase or History of Aids or his split w/ Nicole 12. He was in deep.

The only thing I ever really listened to by him was history of aids and I didn't think it was really harsh. I've heard other stuff by him and I liked it, idk he just isn't harsh in the way that I like with the chaotic piercing feedback.

Which B songs did you produce?

Flash

wtf