I don't understand why so many people shit themselves for this soft noise rock dronefest

I don't understand why so many people shit themselves for this soft noise rock dronefest

Because that's is a masterpiece and the best 80s album

it sounds flat

i don't understand why so many people make this thread

I don't understand why you can't actually express your opinions.

Silver Rocket and Total Trash alone are worth the price of admission.

It's too long and doesn't actually lead anywhere, you just have some good songs here and there with some boring filler inbetween

But all the songs are good user

Except Eliminator Jr

well i'm sure you've really FORMED that opinion and didn't just listen once and come here to tell us you're outraged that people love this, which was released in 1988 and people have had decades to listen to it and know every note. who are you?

suck your moms fat floppers little boy

You're getting closer. Now give a review that goes any deeper than "it's bad."

I've listened to DN a couple dozen times and think it's good, but it isn't even the best Sonic Youth album. Evol, Bad Moon Rising, and Sister are all so much better but DN gets all the love.

I can understand maybe EVOL or BMR but there's no fucking way Sister is better than DDN

EQ it then

Alright senpai
It starts off with the most accessible track Teenage Riot which leads into Silver Rocket which starts the album off with a good one-two. The Sprawl is alright but is no way is it's length justified. It's too repetitive and the whole noise outro doesn't actually add much to the song. Cross the Breeze picks up the pace and Eric's Trip doesn't actually do anything with the momentum the album has and just feels like a 4 minute intermission. The tracks after total trash are alright albeit samey with the only engaging part being the ending of Kissability and the intro to Rain King. Then you have the "epic" trilogy which ends up just being more of tthe same. This album doesn't actually scratch any itch and if I'm going to listen to a Sonic Youth album I might as well listen to Confusion is Sex or Bad Moon Rising because both are more concise and more engaging to listen to.

while I do quite like the album this is pretty accurate

Never try to argue with SY fags, it goes nowhere and you literally arguing with the equilivalent of religious zealots.
SY was considered a teencore band in their prime years, only relatively recently they were assingned legend status and declared beyond criticism. Also Sister is a decent album compare to this shitshow.

Sister is at least on par. They're all great albums.

Daydream Nation is literally a straight upgrade to Sister

>Daydream Nation is literally a straight upgrade to Sister

The Sprawl is the best song on the album desu. It isn't even that long considering it's split into two distinct sections, and the "repetition" is just displaying their Krautrock influence, there's still enough to keep it interesting with all the constant modulation and the great improvisations. Candle and Hey Joni are two of the best songs on there as well.

there is no track like Stereo Sanctity on DN tho, unceasing paranoia 100 mph

Listened to this album last night desu

Its so good and only gets better with age.

Yah its no The Eternal or Jet Set Trash, its more classic and is a good inro to noise rawk

First listen I thought it was pretty good and it just got worse and worse.