Sup Forums will defend this

>Sup Forums will defend this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wabrnt1MVVQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Great fucking record.

yeah, its a good album. what about it, op?

literally the greatest album. fuck off dude

It's remarkably mediocre

I'm a big fan of this album. Howdy.

>Sup Forums is defending this

Most beautiful piece of art ever made. What are you doing OP

>that nazi arm salute

You meant Sup Forums faggot

howwwww strrrannnggggggee it issss to beeeeee anything at allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

you know you love it

GOLDALINE MY DEEEEEEAR

Hell yeah, baby.

soy album

Overrated meme shit.

>remarkably mediocre
Do you not understand how much of a fucking oxymoron that is, you fucking retard? Please do everyone a favor and kill yourself. Blow your fucking brains out of the back your head with a shotgun. Hold the trigger with your big toe and grab the barrel with your hands, shoving it right to your forehead before pulling the trigger so your brains splatter wildly on the wall and chair behind you. The police will arrive shortly due to the sounds and smell coming from the room- at first they will be shocked, but then upon examining your computer history they'll find out what shitty opinions you have and toss your body in the river like garbage. No one will miss you.

>being this mad over an opinion

>>>>>>>>>>>reddit

am i too much of a brainlet to understand the lyrics? or are they actually nonsensical and just meant to be evocative?

like right from the beginning idk whats going on "I LOVE YOU JESUS CHRIST" etc etc, like obviously theres a childhood trauma theme, and a lot of grimy sexual stuff going on, and the anne frank thing, other than that, its a mystery

i fucking love this album though, like i dont think i even want to know what the lyrics are supposed to mean because i get so much pleasure just listening to him wail those uncomfortable notes to those jangly guitar sounds

Dude can barely sing or play guitar. It's boring.

lyrics are for plebs anyway

>>Sup Forums will defend this
I'm interested, how is name of that record

Only listened to it the other day and it was amazing. The feeling I get from it is being in a state of yearning for the past and trying live in your memories as opposed to living in the moment because you don't want to let go of the past. That and the guy wants to fuck a young girl.

And now we ride the circus wheel
With your dark brother wrapped in white
Says it was good to be alive
But now he rides a comet's flame
And won't be coming back again
The Earth looks better from a star
That's right above from where you are
He didn't mean to make you cry
With sparks that ring and bullets fly
On empty rings around your heart
The world just screams and falls apart

water u doin

They have meaning but the impressive part is just how Good the lyrics sound, they are perfect for both Jeffs voice and the music being played

idoit

They definitely have meaning and I understand every one (well most at least), and yet I couldn't even begin to explain them. There are so many double entendres, and lines that are just there to set the stage or give context, sometimes to lyrics on a previous or future track or a song not even on the record. I mean there is the chance that I'm just way off, but I feel that I really understand Jeff and he reminds me a lot of myself for some reason that I can't place. It all just makes sense to me more than anything else on the planet. In the Aeroplane over the Sea is the greatest album ever recorded and Jeff Mangum is the greatest songwriter of all time. Only rivaled imo by Nick Drake and Isaac Brock

i wish i could save her in some sort of time machine

>"in the aeroplane over the sea is the best album ever"
>the crane wife exists
what did Sup Forums mean by this?

Remarkably mediocre makes sense you braindead fucking idiot

bump Tbh

This has to be a copypasta

I never heard of it, played it just now. It's completely boring / standard rock, singer songwriter shite, dreamy weltschmerz lyrics.

truly a meme.

10/10

Defending it is a meme. I can’t find anyone who I can tell legitimately likes it or is just trying to be funny

Hows the name of this fuckin record?

I won't. The vocalist is rather talentless. There's really nothing to defend.

Neutral Milk Hotel .... the name alone .... ugh!

youtube.com/watch?v=Wabrnt1MVVQ

Saved

People really do like it.

Jesus Christ!
>i love you.

you can go back to /r/music now

This album is filled to the brim with so many fucking emotional climaxes, I love it

>II LOOOOVE YOOOOU JEEEESUUUUUS CHRIIIIIIIST
>the trumpet solo in Communist Daughter
>THE EARTH LOOKS BETTER FROM A STAR, THAT'S RIGHT ABOVE FROM WHERE YOU ARE
>Untitled
>the repeat of the Two Headed Boy verse in Pt 2
There needs to be a study or documentary or something on the literal perfection of this album