/Prod/

Complicated MIDI Edition

Talk about music production, composition, songwriting and audio engineering.

Upload WIPs on clyp.it/

GIVE feedback and RECEIVE feedback.

>ATTENTION!
DO NOT post Soundcloud, YouTube or any other links where you are not anonymous (unless somebody asks you for it). That is considered self promotion and will usually result in a bad feedback.

RESOURCES:

Sound Design:

>SeamlessR (in-depth music production and sound design tutorials, based on FL Studio)
youtube.com/user/SeamlessR

>Rocket Powered Sound (Constant quality uploads of various EDM sounds in Serum with explanations that help make something unique)
youtube.com/channel/UCFReVt5TAC1zGnuNkgHw-fg

>Syntorial (widely considered the best place to go to learn synthesis)
syntorial.com/

>Mr. Bill (Ableton based, some of the best sound design tutorials on the planet. Aimed more towards IDM-type stuff. He also posts his music here)
youtube.com/user/MrBillsTunes

>BusyWorksBeats (mostly talentless hack who explains hip hop in very elaborate ways in FL Studio)
youtube.com/user/busyworksbeats

>Sadowick (mostly talentless hack who explains old school electronic music in very elaborate ways in Ableton)
youtube.com/user/SadowickProduction

>ADSR Music Production Tutorials
youtube.com/channel/UCf5UKh_cj2_5pUomhyswWYQ

MIXING:

>Point Blank Music School
youtube.com/channel/UCIWNozFjO8yVdJFsGKVmPgg

>Pensado's Place
youtube.com/user/PensadosPlace

>Samori Coles (not many videos, but a few good ones on compression and EQ)
youtube.com/user/homestudiotutor/videos

>Modern Mixing
youtube.com/user/ModernMixing/videos

FL STUDIO:

>WarBeats (Good resource for getting comfortable in FL Studio)
youtube.com/user/nfxbeats/videos

>Image Line Tutorials (for FL Studio users)
youtube.com/user/imageline/playlists

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wRZmFYPm0vY
youtube.com/watch?v=4fI4cVTzBao
youtube.com/watch?v=Os3wSQEoxpw
youtube.com/watch?v=Vou6KzJzGk8
refx.com/nexus
clyp.it/w20uxjtt
discord.me/prodthread
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for fl studio fag to kill himself

Tried to clean up the resources a little bit, but I still want to go through and do a bigger sweep of it. I plan to use pastebin and get more resources organized by different things

brb kms

>including your name in the OP

ty post results pls (about kill urself idc about bread)

is this considered bad? I just leave it on all the time. Kind of a lot of effort to take it off for one post.

Anyways, it would be cool if people could post some good references to include in the OP, I don't want it to just be stuff I used to use years ago and stuff that i sometimes still use now

>I just leave it on all the time.
and this isn't a good thing when every single one of your posts is infuriatingly autistic and retarded

Well this helps identify that all the infuriatingly austistic and retarded posts are the same guy

Good thing we won't be seeing you around for a bit. I could use the break

youtube.com/watch?v=wRZmFYPm0vY

all that comes to mind whenever someone asks if they should get an mpc

shhh, im filtering him

hey guys. How important is getting an album mastered by someone for a lot of money.
Or mixing is more important?

mastering won't fix a shitty mix, an unmastered but good mix will sound better

just don't skip anything

mixing is more important

just don't skip what ?

wtf is that thing

anything

ok dude.
so if I get someone to do a decent mixing job, and then just ask him to master the album too that would good? Would save lot of money

How the hell do you filter him out. I feel like I’m going fucking insane with all the fruity loops fag posts? I’m sure it’s getting worse too, pretty sure it wasn’t this bad 6 months ago! If he just dropped the name fagging his posts would just blend in with the other retarded posts on this board and no one would be any wiser.

Don’t take this the wrong way. I realise you are singlehandedly trying to resurrect these threads from the dead, but could you maybe just ease back a wee bit...or just lose the name. We really don’t need to know which posts are yours.

Were you raped by a namefag or something.

if you filter him and he makes the thread it wont show up I think

if you have 4chanx(you should) you have the option to make everyone anonmouse

s-so we are stuck with him???

he doesn't bother me but you should get 4chanx like the other user said and just force anonymous

That’s not an MPC you fucking retard

where's the clothes

Where does the post say it is.

No I don’t think so. It’s just annoying and unnecessary Sup Forums is an anonymous board ffs. I’m not the only one that gets riled by it either by the sounds of it.
Not sure if that’s good or bad right now
Might give that a go although not very handy for phone and tablet browsing

What clothes?

It doesn’t

>downloading weird java scripts

I see a picture of a naked woman on a blue jewish image board

It's anonymous in that it doesn't require registration and you don't know who a namefag is.

The Anonymous is Legion shit had nothing to do with Sup Forums's development or intent, it's some nonsense made up after the fact by people that think having a name on an imageboard is a real identity. Go outside trigglypuff.

wait no, keep your name, i liked you

You can’t see any naughty bits so it’s still sfw

Mate I’m not Legion, but there is literally no need for it here. /prod/ has done just fine over the years without it and works better without it.

her ass crack is pretty naughty for me. ok i'll let this slide this time, but next time I might have to an hero

There's no need for many plenty of things, but the fact is someone wants to and it doesn't hurt anything except for your feelings. All it's done is cause people to remember someone's name and what they tend to post.

The only bad result is posts like where autismos can't get a grip on an imageboard. Boo hoo, someone has a name on your special secret anonymous board. Christ. Go tell your parents about someone using a name on Sup Forums if it bothers you so much. Except they won't give a shit because they're not autistic.

from the way you write it seems that you're maybe 14

You’re right it’s not a huge deal, but this is one of the only places where posts can be posted and read without association with whoever posted it. When I read anonymouse posts here I’m not being biased I’m taking them at face value. I like that and think it’s kinda special.
There’s plenty of places you can go and post with a name and even a profile...here it really isn’t needed.

mom says namefags are cancer
dad called you a double nigger

jokes on you, they ARE autistic.

no, but really, the stigmatisation against namefagging have always been there.
its a lesser version of tripfagging when its not needed.
it gives off the "look at me" vibe, because you are making an effort to appear separate from others on a forum/imageboard where the default name for all is "Anonymous".

now i dont actually have anything against our resident namefag, i like him and his posts(which sometimes border to real autism(see: excel synth)).
but hey, thats basically the general gist of it.

if you make yourself into a target, prepare to take some tongue in cheek insults.

Interesting thread so far

i agree, he is like our little pet, lets keep him

how do you record a floor tom?

passions are still high from the previous discussions on music theory.

t. FL fag

i'll be honest, i have not watched a single second of these videos but they could be helpful.

youtube.com/watch?v=4fI4cVTzBao

youtube.com/watch?v=Os3wSQEoxpw

youtube.com/watch?v=Vou6KzJzGk8

>Not using a drum machine

i have a floor tom, why not?

i basically did that but it sounds all retarded

Holy fuck I go play rocket league for like 45 minutes and this thread devovles into people deciding for me whether or not I should keep a name on.

I just do it because sometimes it's hard to carry on a conversation with somebody when you can't tell if they're the same person. That and like I don't have to keep announcing who I am if I wanna talk about something I'm doing (like the Excel Tracker)

I'll stop using it when I make OP's, that way you can filter me just fine and you'll still see the threads

Is it just me or does this site not actually say what Nexus is?
refx.com/nexus

other than "All you will ever need to create the next hit"

no but at the end we thought it up, spoke our differences, and decided you should be our resident namefag

PROTIP: It's shit

does anybody else write midi on a sperate program and then transfer to DAW??

yeah its pretty crappily explained but its a rompler.

>I just do it because sometimes it's hard to carry on a conversation with somebody when you can't tell if they're the same person. That and like I don't have to keep announcing who I am if I wanna talk about something I'm doing (like the Excel Tracker)
That's actually totally valid, it's your posts that suck.

>I'll stop using it when I make OP's, that way you can filter me just fine and you'll still see the threads
Such a cutie

it works for me

>I just do it because sometimes it's hard to carry on a conversation with somebody when you can't tell if they're the same person. That and like I don't have to keep announcing who I am if I wanna talk about something I'm doing (like the Excel Tracker)
Pretty sure no one actually talked to you about your excel tracker other than to say you were autistic

reminder to check vstitorrent.com frequently for new toys to play with

I did, you're just being antagonistic for no good reason.

clyp.it/w20uxjtt

*posts a clyp*

I use MuseScore. I find it way easier to write interesting stuff using staff notation for some reason. It offers a more clear way to visualize chord progressions I think.

I’m actually joking here

where is the drop

Fucking me. I'm a cheapfuck so I use TuxGuitar to write shit.

i use guitar pro and using slides/bends ghost note features on the midi actually transfer over which can create some fucking crazy expressive shit. can you write drums with musescore??
tuxguitar ew you gotta torrent guitar pro 5. ive been using it for `13 years now way better than tux

Slides and bends from Guitar Pro transfer over too? I remember trying it a while ago but it didn't work then so I left it at that.

go fuck yourself and go fuck the FL Studio fag as well

woah

Do you know if Guitar Pro 6 is better than 5?

I used to do a lot of songwriting on hooktheory, but I think they made it so you have to pay now which sucks.

Fair enough

Hey, just like real life!

That's interesting that slides and bends and ghost notes transfer via MIDI

gas yourself kike

neck yourself porch monkey

oy vey, leave jewish people outta this pls

Oh shit dude it started. I finally made it to the point where people pretend to be me :')

congrats dude. You made it

aw man i actually preferred i was gonna add a

I really feel like I have. Anyways, I feel like this thread has really not been production related. Lets talk about synthesis. A cool thing I like doing when I wanna make more like vintagey sounds is to get a basically random LFO (String LFOs together by modulating their rate with each other and using weird shapes), and then attaching it to the phase of an oscillator. Apparently really old hardware used to just have an issue with this happening or something, but it sounds pretty nice and is really subtle

Another trick for this is to add noise into a patch (which a huge amount of soft synths can do really easily), you'd be amazed how much a small amount of noise that only plays when your synth plays can help make it stand out

nigger you're a dunce

Actually, speaking of adding noise, just having noise samples laying around and using them tatmstefuly around a mix can really help it out. I first noticed it in one of the versions of What I Got by Sublime, where they have this noise with a gnarly boost at like 15 KHz that only plays with the drums. It sounds super nice.

Also, using noise and then sidechaining it to other sounds can be super rewarding. It's called a false noise floor, it makes it seem like things are higher quality than they are for some reason

>t. 13 yo playing guitar for 1 week

>want to produce music
>don't know where to start

I downloaded the FL Studio trial but I have a hard time actually finishing anything. I have no idea what genre to make, all I do is just come up with real simple melodies that go nowhere. What do?

>he doesn't like jewish people

>tfw can only listen to sublime once, and then never listen and gain anything from them again

Well, what kind of music are you into? Start by putting your favorite songs into FL and analyzing thrm. It helps to get comfortable with the DAW as well, so hit F1 and start reading boyo

shit thread

>Unironically /prod/ for intermediate to experienced anons
discord.me/prodthread

kek

I was into synthwave shit for a while. I rarely listen to electronic music nowadays though, and as stupid as it sounds, I wanted to try to make some hip hop music.

WE WUZ KANGS N SHIET

>discord
>fucking ever

discord is pretty comfy man. Problem is everyone seems to post a different officail /prod/ discord server

I mainly want to make some just to see if I can. I'm more interested in making rock music but FL Studio won't do me much good in that regard.

bruh
>put noise in your mix
is such a generic and borderline irrelevant take on such a well known and widely used technique

It's not so bad honestly, just not particularly geared towards rock music, but it can easily do it

I was just trying to shift the conversation lmao.

I realize now I didn't even say what I meant. I mean adding noise to individual elements in the mix.

Like say you have a vocal sample, add some quiet noise to only the vocal sample and slightly compress the two together, and it helps it stand out way more

>people

captcha: schwartze road

I use Cubase and its good for recording and the king of midi but you cant pirate the new versions you need dongle to use it

you should different daws demo or pirate and then choose the one you like best

are you kidding, Jewish people rock!

>king of midi
>not FL Studio

Are you fucking high?

lol
khazar milkies rock, ill give you that