/classical/

Sexual predator edition

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #7. Too lazy to write up a description for this, but it has a little of everything
mega.nz/#F!pWR0zABY!xCwF1rEfXiyEy5HuhTDP0Q
>General Folder #8. The user who made this loves the yellow piss of DG on his face. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is not an accompanying chart, not available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iRlCnMKa2bU
youtube.com/watch?v=ApS5yYGovI4
youtube.com/watch?v=DXy50exHjes
youtube.com/watch?v=GLB0THnTxSw
youtube.com/watch?v=7BaOuXny66Q
producthunt.com/posts/classical-music-only
youtube.com/watch?v=r5FUwUQMXg0
clyp.it/t0fgs3ej
youtube.com/watch?v=RhN5mX8c2XM
youtu.be/lLN38OYkEMU?t=8m30s
youtube.com/watch?v=j4sPvEi2n6g
youtube.com/watch?v=QT09bd__IH8
youtube.com/watch?v=6mBJlH0jfz8
youtube.com/watch?v=tVCvJZtzkqQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zW5p8jTFT7U
youtube.com/watch?v=Y27nqIyjl-E
youtube.com/watch?v=j-4hIAYwW4k
youtube.com/watch?v=gPybrOxRoT4
youtube.com/watch?v=S-eolCzLPsQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xsOwumN3utE
youtube.com/watch?v=cKbIL4nhUqA
youtube.com/watch?v=98UjjwzJBFE
youtube.com/watch?v=fZLMaEh95B8
youtube.com/watch?v=4yZ2Kxb5aT8
youtube.com/watch?v=gur0eJZW0Kw
youtube.com/watch?v=qQXF8fpWe7M
youtube.com/watch?v=tcUuyqIDXcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=geFJ4hYTt5g
youtube.com/watch?v=pzCDq-RQFIg
youtube.com/watch?v=TWBKSWzPYkU
youtube.com/watch?v=4tDP-K1dQ-M
youtube.com/watch?v=XcDPZoHD1aI
youtube.com/watch?v=veZ7w0yBNu4
youtube.com/watch?v=qOSaT6U4e-8
youtube.com/watch?v=KlPC9CNsafU
youtube.com/watch?v=qO_JBadgcdE
youtube.com/watch?v=KHG_b4iE0j4
youtube.com/watch?v=OxzdN-Uf9x4
youtube.com/watch?v=qi0gA_yTLCc
youtube.com/watch?v=LjgndGuy77o
youtube.com/watch?v=mBJwxUK402k
youtube.com/watch?v=Igs88dVCec4
youtube.com/watch?v=WI7ocL66-Ss
youtube.com/watch?v=4FTafFgwoCg
youtube.com/watch?v=3IpqzqB3YnM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He wasn't a good conductor anyways.

who's next?

>recording starts with 4 minutes of applause

Deserts
youtube.com/watch?v=iRlCnMKa2bU

>last classical thread autosaged before 200 posts

music for the feel?

Is this truly only 'classical', or are there some romantic artists in any of these collections? If not, do any of you have any links to some collections of romantic artists you enjoy?

Most the links are varied. "classical" is used here as a general term because "Western art music"is longer and makes people mad.

With that in mind, do you have any artists to suggest? Basics and favorites, both are of interest to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=ApS5yYGovI4

Petzold

Anything else? Petzold hasn't made much of interest beyond Minuet in G, and I don't even like that.

Mozart, Beethoven, Vivaldi, Haydn, Bach, Wagner, Mahler, Debussy, Liszt, Stravinsky, Brahms, Strauss, Shostakovich, Verdi, Puccini, Rossini, Britten, Tchaikovsky, Chopin, Schoenberg, Sibelius, Webern, Telemann, Monteverdi, Adams, Reich

what

youtube.com/watch?v=DXy50exHjes

he called you a plebmaster.

cool

Start with the monks or with Mozart.

from last thread
if i play violin flawlessly with notes without pp, can i learn to play trombone?

I don't see how this music conveys anything. Its totally abstract

Hey everybody.

Here i am performing Beethoven's moonlight sonata mov 3 !

enjoy

youtube.com/watch?v=GLB0THnTxSw

you're not wrong. this is stuff you could program a computer to write for you. as the matter of fact, sometimes pieces like this are written according to an algorithm.

It's barely even deserving of the title "music". just because it's art and it uses musical instruments doesn't mean it's music.

it's an abstract sort of feel

actually I liked it and I think you're a pleb, its just that I don't see how it suggests the death of /classical/ or disappointment. Not like this for instance

youtube.com/watch?v=7BaOuXny66Q

art like this concerns itself too much with feelings and emotions. it tries so hard to evoke a specific range family of emotions that it forgets that it's supposed to be enjoyable to listen to.

I'll put it like this. If you replace every instrument with just a square tone and it is still enjoyable, it's good music. it's the notes that matter, not the texture. Sure, you can spice it up and use symbolism and texture, but there's gotta be a balance, man. music is supposed to come in uninvited and just rape the musical part of your brain. It's not you who has to listen to it, it's supposed to MAKE you listen to it.

Music that requires a specific mindset, knowledge, context, or way of thought to be enjoyable is like a needy house guest that requires every comfort before they decide to strike up a conversation. good music needs to be like a guy who you like talking to no matter where you are or how you're feeling.

Hauer's very mission statement was to expunge emotion from music.

and that's a good thing?

If anyone is interested in this. I just found this new website on producthunt to discover classical music and create lists. This was a great find
producthunt.com/posts/classical-music-only

Brahms

youtube.com/watch?v=r5FUwUQMXg0

Is it worth it to listen to the whole Swan Lake?

Not that interested in watching it...

>gulda and brahms
does it get any more patrish?

They always say how much Russians influenced French impressionism but was there anything that happened slightly after Russian Romanticism but before the modernism of Stravinsky and Prokofiev. I know Scriabin will be mentioned here but he died young and besides he was a loathsome man.

tl;dr Russian Impressionism that's not Scriabin? Preferably symphonic.

I disagree. Orchestration matter matters just as much as pitch and rhythm. Orchestration is an extension of that. Timbres and textures do affect the conveyance of emotions as well as listen-ability.

I think they mostly skipped impressionism in music and jumped straight to avant garde until that was squashed by the state. Reinhold Glière is the only really famous semi-impressionist or maybe Khachaturian but they are just as likely to be called late, late romanticists

Yes better to hear the famous parts in context.

whatchya think of my sonata exposition /classical/?

clyp.it/t0fgs3ej

>he was a loathsome man
What did he mean by this?

Full disclaimer: I'm almost exclusively into piano music so this might not be of much use if you're primarily looking for other stuff.

I think Catoire is the first name that jumps out when I think of a Russian Impressionist, the specific example being Hamelin's recording of his piano music. It's kind of samey sounding to be frank, and I feel like his lack of fame can be attributed to him never really developing his 'voice' beyond a certain point, but it's still full of cool ideas and somewhat interesting in that it's not at all what you'd expect from a Russian trained composer, not even one with French heritage.

It really does depend on how you define Impressionism, though. I agree that it's a very unique soundscape when speaking of its best known examples, but I still feel like just calling it late Romantic music wouldn't be too much of a stretch in most cases. Medtner, Tcherepnin, Roslavets, Feinberg, Lourie, some early Ornstein, etc. are probably the closest thing to a bridge between traditional Russian Romanticism and Modernism. They're not much like the typical Liszt/Wagner/Brahms that we associate with Romantic music, but not quite Debussy/Ravel either.

Schumann

youtube.com/watch?v=RhN5mX8c2XM

of course you can, the vast majority of trombonists play without perfect pitch

has classical finally gone too far?
youtu.be/lLN38OYkEMU?t=8m30s

Mother of god

yet it's bright outside

It's okay.

Was he /our guy/?

Mozart

youtube.com/watch?v=j4sPvEi2n6g

this desu

Bruch
youtube.com/watch?v=QT09bd__IH8

>listing Schönberg and Webern but not Berg
why

Finland turns 100 years tomorrow, post Sibelius.

youtube.com/watch?v=6mBJlH0jfz8

Saint-Saëns

youtube.com/watch?v=tVCvJZtzkqQ

How about Rautavaara?

youtube.com/watch?v=zW5p8jTFT7U

Egon Wellesz youtube.com/watch?v=Y27nqIyjl-E

Berg is half the composer Schönberg is.

No. youtube.com/watch?v=j-4hIAYwW4k

holy fuck, that's beautiful, thanks user.

amazing ! i find those type of pianos really horrible to play on, the keys are too heavy and i dislike the sound compared to a nice grand piano.

Mussorgsky, they were influenced by Mussorgsky - Ravel, Debussy, Satie and more moderate composers.
Mussorgsky saved Debussy's career when he was extremely depressed, stuck in a dead end of late German Wagnerism. He would play his pieces for months and months, and try to emulate certain elements of his style. That's how he came up with some of his earlier famous pieces.
Later, Satie urged fellow artists to get rid of mussorgskyisms in French music as out-of-fashion.

That is girl is pretty cute though.

does anyone else here sing in a choir?
if so now advent has just been is there any Christmas anthems you're looking forward to singing?

Press "F" to pay respects

>clyp.it/t0fgs3ej

Safe the composition. I don't know why you care to share it because obviously it sounds reasonable but there's nothing interesting about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=gPybrOxRoT4
youtube.com/watch?v=S-eolCzLPsQ

Why does nobody ever post Strauss?

Imagine if you ever had an opinion this wrong

because its fluff

nothing wrong with that
youtube.com/watch?v=xsOwumN3utE

I suppose not but it is however the reason he is seldom discussed in these threads.

that's a shame

F
He died a while ago though great composer.

youtube.com/watch?v=cKbIL4nhUqA

Bach

youtube.com/watch?v=98UjjwzJBFE

youtube.com/watch?v=fZLMaEh95B8
youtube.com/watch?v=4yZ2Kxb5aT8
youtube.com/watch?v=gur0eJZW0Kw
youtube.com/watch?v=qQXF8fpWe7M
youtube.com/watch?v=tcUuyqIDXcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=geFJ4hYTt5g
youtube.com/watch?v=pzCDq-RQFIg
youtube.com/watch?v=TWBKSWzPYkU
youtube.com/watch?v=4tDP-K1dQ-M
youtube.com/watch?v=XcDPZoHD1aI
youtube.com/watch?v=veZ7w0yBNu4

Anyone here watched Schubert's operas: Alfonso und Estrella or Fierabras, and how did you like them?

only last year. I was going to make a commemoration thread but I was banned for pointing out that it wasn't a volleyball on Sup Forums.

Has that piano ever been tuned?

youtube.com/watch?v=qOSaT6U4e-8

violin=flute=trumpet
viola=oboe=horn
cello=clarinet=trombone
bass=bassoon=tuba
prove me wrong

no Patrick a violin is not a flute

Shostakovich

youtube.com/watch?v=KlPC9CNsafU

>boys: mahler
>men: bruckner
discuss

No, bruckner liked little girls

A cello's range is more similar to a bass clarinet than a clarinet

consider the fact that the clarinet's name comes from the words 'little trumpet'

Bach

youtube.com/watch?v=qO_JBadgcdE

>prove me wrong
Ok. Viola = shit but oboe != shit, which contradicts the transitivity of =.
youtube.com/watch?v=KHG_b4iE0j4
youtube.com/watch?v=OxzdN-Uf9x4
youtube.com/watch?v=qi0gA_yTLCc
youtube.com/watch?v=LjgndGuy77o
youtube.com/watch?v=mBJwxUK402k
They're not even in the same range you fucking idiot lmao.

>Viola = shit

Yes thanks for posting a picture of violists to further illustrate my point.

the comparison fails not because violas are shit, but because you never hear them while the oboe is one of the most ear-piercing instruments of all fucking time. The equivalent to the viola would be some middle-voice instrument that no one hears except when a composer takes pity and gives them a melody

I'm in my mid twenties. Is it too late to learn composition? I don't know how to play a single instrument. All I have in my favor really is some knowledge of theory and a taste for tonally ambitious music.

youtube.com/watch?v=Igs88dVCec4

I'm not surprised, on the quiet classical music has always been a bit pervy.

If you aren't a QT (or can't be blatantly photoshopped into one) you are never going to make it as a young female instrumental soloist. I have no idea how they still get away with it actually, its like the last refuge of soft-focus photography.

Sol Gabetta is top tier.
youtube.com/watch?v=WI7ocL66-Ss

Essential music for when Trump fucks up mid-east relations by putting the embassy in Jerusalem.

youtube.com/watch?v=4FTafFgwoCg

why the fuck would you just arbitrarily decide "oh I want to compose music now"

Oh I agree, I mean not normally a male feminist or anything but I'm on their side really. The album covers are frequently ridiculous for retouching (last hold out of it really, they aren't so blatant in pop) and that end of the market doesn't really hide its glee (by which I mean throbbing erection) at like some virginal 16-year old prodigy from Poland in a ball gown. Its just creepy and outdated, classical music marketing is not really any higher minded than pop music and it feels shadier somehow. I dare say there are a lot of old goats helping some doe-eyed ingenue with her fingering.

If you look at Anne Sophie Mutter albums you can basically see the point someone decided MILFs were a thing. Eek.

>Hi user welcome to my masterclass

what? The end product of Gabetta's playing might sound fine but as a cellist I fucking cringe watching the finger joints in her left hand every time she plays

youtube.com/watch?v=3IpqzqB3YnM