How do I build a fanbase, Sup Forums?

How do I build a fanbase, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trust_Me,_I'm_Lying
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You have to make music worth being a fan of, which is unlikely desu

Make memes about them, ship them with a similar artist, make fanfics, overrate the artist as a god
Trust me, with every /tumblr/core musician that always worked

>which is unlikely desu
why do you say that

I mean a fanbase for myself.

because your posting on Sup Forums, instead of working to build a fanbase

I don't know how to.

Do the same but without posting on any random web with the same assholes

Can I build a fanbase without having any music out yet?

Give listeners a reason for choosing your music over others, find a niche for yourself that's not too gimmicky or off putting, be consistent in every aspect (release schedule, quality), show appreciation to the people who listen and show that you care for fans, respond to as much fan comments or questions as you can.

be jake paul

>find a niche for yourself that's not too gimmicky or off putting
can you give an example?

This is terrible advice, only follow this if you are a sell out, with no personal integrity

it depends on the style of music you do, but my niche is adding elements of Medieval/Renaissance/Baroque music to my songs/arrangements. other examples could include a subtle folk element, or maybe a violin that acts as a lead instrument, or maybe using weird vibrato effects like Mac Demarco

>This is terrible advice, only follow this if you are a sell out, with no personal integrity
?? what's so bad about it

because chances are if you're doing that you're not really being that creative anymore and are just resting on the stuff from when you were feeling more creative and repeating a formula like a sucker. how the fuck do you get out of that? you will cry while repeating the same concepts for the fiftieth time hoping that the sheer fact that life keeps changing will somehow keep your never never land fresh in its constant repetitive monotony. let go.

what are you talking about? how did you get that out of my post?

dress like a retarded whigger and shill yourself on Sup Forums and reddit until you become a meme

>dress like a retarded whigger
I'm black though.

read this op

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trust_Me,_I'm_Lying

PDF?

bump

release stuff regularly, like every month or so

it's on libgen

what the fuck is libgen

Dropping shit on SoundCloud or BandCamp steadily for months doesn't mean anyone will listen to it.

figure it out retard