youtube.com/watch?v=uKpINrZau0k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>R: 0

Yup, that sounds about right.

Sinclair > Sheridan

Best show ever!

Sinclair had near zero secondary characteristics, other than being ideal leader
Sheridan felt bit more surprising in some regards

Sinclair is just more likable, calm and collected and an amazing voice that rings with authority and fatherly affection

Sheridan is an melodramatic ham and his romance with Delenn is about as interesting as watching paint dry

Best sci-fi show ever. Too bad everyone died. :(

I used to record these on VHS and trade them with my friends who recorded mst3k and dbz. I'd read about the episodes on a geocities page rendered in netscape 3.
I miss the golden age of scifi space shows.

I don't think I would say it's best, but top 5 for sure. Londo and G'Kar's bantz is legendary, and I also love the interior design of the station. In spite of the low budget it really felt like a living, breathing city in space

So, how would the story have progressed if Sinclair would've stayed on as the lead? From what I read, the actor laying sinclair had psychological issues barring him from working constantly on the show, so they had to bring in Cpt Sheridan to replace him as the lead.

Yeah he was having hallucinations on the set, seriously losing his mind. I wonder if JMS simply supplanted Sheridan in what would have been Sinclair's arc, or wrote something completely new.

I honestly wish he had stayed on, I've never cared much for Sheridan. He had some great speeches though

Was this first tv show with real coherent story arc?

It was the first TV show with story arcs that spanned more than one season, prior to B5 there were serialized shows but typically had a different arc each year.

I disagree, Sinclair was like John Kerry, an uninteresting lanky guy with a foghorn voice but not much else. Sheridan's performance was overall better, albeit uneven, I agree his "romance" with Delenn was painfully lacking in chemistry but I liked them each as individual characters.

Best moment was when he was on the shadow planet and dropped the ship on the city then thought "fuck it" and jumped off the balcony because what the hell.

I don't hate Sheridan but his emoting could get on my nerves. Sinclair comes off as more competent

I felt the same way at first, but Sheridan really grew on me throughout the 3 seasons he had. Way better than the one season Sinclair had as captain.

Lord of the Rings in space

I've only ever seen Deep Space Nine, which is apparently a rip-off of this. Does that mean I would like this too?

>we will never see a follow up series

I'm guessing the best we could hope for is a remake, but is 90s TV nostalgia even mainstream enough for remakes yet?

they're very different shows, great in their own right, despite how many salty faggots like to to call DS9 a "rip-off."

Anyway B5 is worth watching for anyone who likes sci-fi shows

There was a spin-off, several movies, and The Lost Tales

Prepare yourself for cheesier effects than DS9

It's well worth it, though. I love them both.

Deep Space 9 started production not long after Paramount heard the pitch for Babylon 5 but decided "we already have a sci-fi franchise, let's make a space station spin off instead of B5."

Despite that, however, both shows share some of the same staff and actors and the stories ended up being very different anyway.

DS9 has better production values but I like Babylon 5 better as a story.

Yeah, but were any of the immediate follow-ups good or just garbage like this:

Most likely. B5 storyline and world is built much better than any other scifi series.

Crusade had potential

b5 was pitched to paramount and they passed, then used everything unique about it to prop up a new star trek series.

Some of the movies are good. Also, The Lost Tales came out in 2007, it wasn't an immediate follow-up. Also, you should man up and watch it all instead of making judgments based on an hilarious webm.

oh God it's just so hilariously awful

and yet they still turned out to be very different shows with their own unique flavors, despite DS9 being born from the original outline of Babylon 5

Anyone who has actually seen both shows all the way through should know this

Lost tales was comfy as shit. I wish they would have made more of them but the cast just kept dying out.

What's happening here?

Lyta is controlling the ship's guns using her psychic powers, in her mind she perceives herself as the ship and punches and kicks to fire the weapons

oh wait I don't think it's Lyta just someone who looks kinda similar

>It's a Lwuxana Troi episode

I'm still sad about 2016 claiming Garibaldi.

At least Ivanova is still kicking, despite Star Trek fans' attempts

In America maybe, B5 takes inspiration from Blakes 7 in a lot of ways according to JMS and that was one of them.

Sinclair always would have gone back in time, the storyline was moved forward when the actor had to leave. JMS had backdoors planned for all the characters in case the actors left.

>Ivanova

Didn't some folks say she was a bit of a diva on the set?

her book is about how she fucked every man in hollywood while being on drugs 24/7

BABYLON 5 IS A BIG PILE OF SHIT

Get...out.

>it's a "let's deal with the homeless ghetto decks of Babylon 5" episode

Shiiiiit! Lurker's Guide is still up and running! Amazing!
midwinter.com/lurk/

My niggas!

It's a shame PTEN went belly up so the momentum was pretty much killed between seasons 4 and 5. Actually Intersections In Real Time would have been an awesome season finale as was originally intended and what a cliffhanger it would have been! Captured Sheridan mindfucked and in the final image still trapped in the endless loop of interrigation...

Actually the whole episode reminded me a lot of the adventures of certain Number Six.

Season 5 ain't so bad, first half is terrible but the second half makes up for it. Also dat PsyCorp episode

Oh I totally agree. That quick flashback Londo has about the happier times just before his final fate... YOU'RE TEARING ME APART LONDO!

Wait, how old are yinz?

Can we get a list or a link or something senpai? I wanna check all the other stuff out.

Here you go:
midwinter.com/lurk/countries/master/eplist.html

I would recommend that you watch "In The Beginning" between S4 and S5. It spoils major things from the first season so it's not a good idea to watch it (no pun intended) in the beginning.

>JMS interacting with fans on usenet
The internet today is in so many ways worse than what is once as.

JMSNews is also still up.
jmsnews.com/

Having said that, the producers didn't just send him off without any resolution, they were very loyal to the actor and wanted to do right by him. His final arc with the time traveling Babylon 4 was very clever and fed into the story amazingly well.

Usenet was intentionally crippled by TPTB

Also music was fucking awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=jmOCHMVAswY

That beginning... "Jump! Jump! NOW!"

And then slides directly into the battle music from Severed Dreams.

"Bring us closer to the enemy."
"How close?"
"Right down their throats!"

youtube.com/watch?v=uKpINrZau0k

What a waste that Christopher Franke is scoring shit like Amazing Race these days. Fucking hell man!

It's similar to DS9, but when there's a war on, they actually show the war instead of having countless episode about baseball and Ezri solving another murder mystery.

Why do you babbylon5 haters have to keep bashing ds9 and ezri?

Kill all Narn.

Best girl desu senpaitachi, QT CUTE

There was one baseball episode and one Ezri-murder-mystery episode. On top of that, it's an example of something I like about DS9 in comparison to B5, in how we get fun breather episodes that JMS couldn't write if his life depended on it.

I dated a girl that looked exactly like her but with dark hair, good times. Broke up because she was super-religious and got tired of my heathen ways

What was her full name and location?

Cheers user.

Fug

She still lives in Texas last I checked, not going to give you her name. Besides she's married now and has like 2 kids