Be honest with yourself

You started distancing yourself from this album because Sup Forums started to hate it?

No. I listened to it once and thought it was a sort of obvious attempt to sell watered down, below-average jazz to hip hop fans.

Well. It's not.....

u must know nothing about contemporary jazz
theyre the last jazz giants in LA

Does he like The Epic?
If he does I'm sold.

>LA

I seriously don't get the hate for this. I haven't heard a single decent criticism of it that didn't boil down to "it's for normalfags" or "it's for people who don't like jazz."

Overstretches itself. Does not implement many of the jazz developments that have appeared since Kansas City jazz was a thing. Mediocre compositions with alright arranging ruined by poor mixing. Mediocre to shitty soloing.

Sup Forums's always right

I gave it an honest shot and I just felt like he could have done more

Shit you all lose.

No. I still like it.

No, this album is good. Sup Forums just hates it because it's not mope rock, shoegaze or autistic avant-garde shite.

No. I never cared.

Does this album use hip hop beats? If so I'm not going to listen to it.

That shit was only describing what I listened to. What was even the fucking point?

>That shit
That is what music reviews and analyses should look like. Not emotional descriptors and persuasions to adopt a given reviewer's musical taste. I don't think you understand what's being described to you at all.

>Mope? rock
>avant-garde shite
Another confirmation that this board is truly and utterly dead.

>music is purely mechanical

Reading comprehension, try it.

I just voiced your implication.

:'''''''' (

Sure, but if that's all I have there really is no point. I understand why it is relevant, but doing just that seems quite pointless.
Music reviews were a mistake, I haven't found a single one worth reading.

badbadnotgood is kenny g for hip-hopheads

nope, thought it was incredibly bland on first listen, never managed to sit through the whole thing

>Sure, but if that's all I have there really is no point. I understand why it is relevant, but doing just that seems quite pointless.
It's not pointless, because it is the best known way of analyzing music. As I've said, music reviews shouldn't be persuasions to adopt a given reviewer's musical taste. What is the alternative? Trap flavored beats? Rattling high hags? Is that it?
>Music reviews were a mistake, I haven't found a single one worth reading.
Exactly. Because those worth reading and considering are called analyses, not. reviews. One name - Samuel Andreyev. He does exactly what's been done in those pictures, musical analysis.

Yes, then I listened to it, then kept distancing myself from it

No i was already listening to Miles & Mahavishnu so this seemed like a pale imitation

no, because it felt like playing 2 record at the same time and it's too fucking long

never cared about the album one way or the other and Sup Forums is not a person

The point was that the major complaint about Kamasi Washington is that he solos with a harmonic palette that's about as shallow as a rock guitarist. But whenever someone would point this out on here Kamasi fans wouldn't believe it so this guy proved it.

Kudos to him I guess but honestly it's pretty sad that there are people here who can't hear that stuff just by listening.

The Epic was bad and that should be obvious on first listen. If you can't hear why without having it written out and explained to you, you probably shouldn't be listening to jazz and giving any kind of opinion about it in the first place.