Is he the best music critic of all time?

is he the best music critic of all time?

yes

he's the most influential music critic of all time

yes

No. He can't give a decent review for anything but hip hop and some rock, because his reviews rely entirely on critique of lyrics and his emotional experience.

I think he's pretty up there. He seems to understand that his opinion isn't fact, and that it's up to the listener to decide weather the music is good or not. I like how his reviews are so detailed and clearly about why he himself does, or doesn't like the music he's reviewing.

*blocks your path*

Better than Christgau worse than Scaruffi

He's the most bland critic of all time which gives him mass appeal.

"Best music critic"

The only good music critic is a dead one.

Daaaarrrrrrhhhhhhhhhh

Which one? Lester Bangs?

His critiques are shallow and vague. He is also inconsistent which is due to the fact that he doesn't have a concrete or standard reviewing system.

Well to be fair, any music critic is better than Christgau.

I don't know about the best but he is certainly the busiest.

He gives fucked up scores too often to be the best

>Christgau
St. Vincent: Masseduction (4AD) B+

he's alt right so no

he could be describing the album cover with the exact same word he use for music, I wouldn't see a difference.
I think he succeeded at the fact that he's just giving his enjoyment level of a listen, but you could as well ask your best friend.
Of course if you're an autistic Sup Forumstant, he's always available to be your best friend through a series of tubes.

god i hate hipsters. Just look at those old fucking glasses and that stupid small hat

Yes.

He's definitely better than The Virgin Christgau

leave azealia banks alone

frankly i hate internet edgelords more