"world" cup

>"world" cup
>America Doesn't care about it

Other urls found in this thread:

m.timesofindia.com/business/india-business/Football-gives-cricket-a-close-run/articleshow/36629347.cms
nytimes.com/2014/06/24/business/media/bigger-than-baseball-us-portugal-world-cup-match-outdoes-world-series-in-ratings.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>i-it's ok, let's just pretend we don't care

>"world" series
>only 1 country cares about it

Nice.

America is a continent and we've won 9 from 20 WCs

>this flag
>this post
>unironically thinks his shitty country represents an entire continent

learn to speak English first, black spic.

I didn't commit a single mistake, Pedro

conmebol is the only relevant part of america tho

The rest of the world should thank us. We could buy good players and win soccer if we wanted. But we don't.

>America
>One continent

>being this delusional
m8 jamal and tyrone wont help you in football at all

You can buy all the players you want.

You would still only win the "Major League Soccer" league and not any competition that actually matters.

>thinking we can't put together a good team
>when we have previously bought people to become citizens of our garbage fire
We just need the interest to warrant the buying of people to bring to our country for hard labor.

embarrassing

>USMNT WC games get more viewers than most games in the "big" yank sports

Mate you love it really.

did the USMNT make more than 10 m? it's more than any NHL final already

this

England are just as bad as the USA these days but at least you accept you are bad at it. Americlaps keep playing the "we don't care" card even when it's false

>Super Bowl
>World champions
>The rest of the world doesn't care about it

It's apples and oranges though, isn't it? A 4 game tournament every 4 years that unites every geographic market isn't reasonably comparable to a two-tone event that is one of thousands of games in a season, and one in a series of championship deciders.

Look at our wcq viewership vs. Trinidad and compare that to a run of the mill 1st round nba playoff game

*Two city event

>""""""""""""""world""""""""""""""" cup
>there's a world outside of texas

lel, thanks for the laughs kids

Americans really don't care about soccer though. The only soccer players Americans know are Pele and Beckham I would literally have no idea who Messi and Ronaldo are if not for Sup Forums

you don't know what not caring about a sport is, you spend billions of dollars in your league, you have top tier stadiums and academies, you buy players from the whole world, you hire managers fromt he whole world, etc

You try very hard to be good at soccer, but just keep failing. You've been doing this shit since the 70s when broke the transfer record buying Pele

>US becomes both majority hispanic and a soccer nation in 50 years

It's over mate.

VIVA LA RAZA

Neither does India or China or Australia or any number of countries. I mean there's people with interest in it, but soccer is a meme for the most part.

India has more professional football players than any other country on Earth

China put more money in this sport this lustrum than any other country on Earth

you don't even know what the fuck you are talking about

hahaha it's literally a sport for women and children over here, it's ok you're good at it, congratulations, but if we wanted to dominate we would.

This is all true, but it's a drop in the bucket for a country with the size and resources of this country. It's genuinely the 8th most relevant sport here... I'm not bashing it, I happen to be an avid fan

>if we wanted to dominate we would.
not an argument

even more considering you are shit at literally all international sports, you just can't deal with real competition

>I mean there's people with interest in it, but soccer is a meme for the most part.

Aha what. If the only truly global sport is a "meme", what are you proposing isn't, my diabetic ally?

m.timesofindia.com/business/india-business/Football-gives-cricket-a-close-run/articleshow/36629347.cms

Apparently like 30% of Indian adults watch the sport. I suppose that's a pretty good number, how does it compare to SA and Europe?

There's really only one global sport, and the US isn't terrible if you look at the last 20 years of competitive international tournaments

Consider the Super Bowl gets like 100m people watching it in a country of 330m, and it's a big family event once a year.

Sounds about right 30%.

Oh so you care about the World cup then.

You mean AmericaS
You fucking inbred america is based usa

Epitome of casual, and a tiny fraction of the major sports.

both ways are accurated, there was no need to insult me

25 millions Americans watched USA vs. Portugal in 2014 mate.
We know it's less than a Superbowl, but it's not "tiny"

>25 millions Americans watched USA vs. Portugal in 2014 mate.
and it was just a groups stage game, you must compare it not to the super bowl but the first game of the playoffs

imagine the numbers if the USA reached a WC final

That's way more than the Puck finals

That's them trying to make it popular here and failing

>With an audience of 25 million viewers for Sunday’s game between the United States and Portugal, the World Cup is moving into elite territory as a sports property on American television. Ratings for the game were the highest for any soccer game telecast in America and reached more viewers than events like the N.B.A. finals or the World Series.
>more viewers than events like the N.B.A. finals or the World Series.

nytimes.com/2014/06/24/business/media/bigger-than-baseball-us-portugal-world-cup-match-outdoes-world-series-in-ratings.html

Absolutely beautiful. America is now part of the Football Family. I'm crying as we speak

>"world" cup
>America Doesn't care about it
maybe we should fill it with corn syrup and soda

Americans are just at another level of existence compared to the rest of the world. They're that one giftet kid in a class of mediocrity, and the other kids get mad at him for not being excited for the annual school sack race, when he just has his eyes on bigger things, like how to get to the moon and back alive.

We have ALL the gold medals you squat little shit

>Sup Forums Amerifats deniers BTFO

>gold medal in swimming as a dog
>swimming as a butterfly
>swimming 50,100,200
>swimming backwards 50,100,200
>swimming underwater
>swimming above water
>swimming individually for all the above
>swimming in teams for all the above
>repeat all of the above for women

nice medals you have there

thanks

>world cup

Now show me the ratings for our domestic "league"

Fact of the matter is no one will care about soccer here until our national league becomes better. Everyone knows its a joke

Real talk what gold medals does mexico have? Boxing? You'd think wetbacks would be good at swimming

>euros are impressed by 25 mil
lmaaaaaao teeny tiny irrelevant provinces cumming @ "big" numbers ahaahaha poo poo poo poo @ you buddy
25 million watched my dick hump my ass aahahahaha europeans are so fucking stupid and gay

Fuck off frogcancer

Why would anyone watch your domestic league? I'm not watching mine either even tho the lvl is better.

>FIFA
>corrupt organization that runs the soccer/football world
>mfw your country doesn't give a shit about the sport, but is the only country that will crack down on its corruption
you're welcome world

we do watch it

the problem is that since so much of the general public doesnt know squat about soccer except for the women winning everything, and that beckham once played for the galaxy, all most of us do is watch ninja tuirtles games until we're inevitably fall out of the cup

>these flags
>being rused by this weak bait
lmfao

In practice, no one calls the Americas that. It'd be awkward to refer to two separate continents as one entity.

>Netherlands
>literally no one cares about them
kek

I care

Hey Natalie Halloway, you're still on vacation?

post pic of your beachfront i want to be jealous

Are you dumb?

Obama is a huge soccer fan, for instance.

Your eastern hemisphere bias is showing

>drawing 1-1 with Ingurlund made the front pages
w-w-w-wwe don't care

This is misleading. There's no fucking interest in soccer. These ratings are high because it's flag waving time and it's the #1 international completion in the world, not because we find it appealing.

>Murrilard intellectuals

W-we're not that bad m8.

Trips confirmed we will reach a world cup semifinal next year.

I live like 5 minutes from Columbus crew stadium. That was the first soccer stadium built in this country. It's a glorified minor league park with a highway seperating it from a ghetto no go zone and no one attends. There's about 10-15 similarly sized high school handegg stadiums in the state.

Think youre really, really overrating the interest and money put into soccer here. Problem with all those "interest" polls you see trying to push the narrative that it's getting popular here is most only care a little and most that do care a lot come from backgrounds not conducive to talent.

What's soccer?

We beat Argentina in the quarters because Messi gets hurt and Higuain missed 10+ shots...

>gringo education

These.

i've never heard a single person refer to it as "Americas" in practice desu, it's either N.America S.America or just America, is it a burgerland thing?

sports
the world doesn't care about it

>lol Americans why dont you care about football lol dumb Americans
>shut up american your team is shit you just got lucky against Spain/England/Portugal that was a fluke group stage in 2010/2014/Copa america 2016

You faggots never leave us alone. Piss the fuck off.

>world "cup"
>trophy cannot be drunk from

>health
>america doesn't care about it

>World Cup on Fox forces me to watch via Univision

This

>being shit at the only sport you care about
feels bad, doesn't it Pablo?

>"cheese"burger
>American eats it

>"""united""" states
>50 states with unique laws and distinct differences between one another

/thread

The difference is that America inevitably dominates in any sport it actually cares about. So while we could win the WC if we gave a fuck about povertyball, no country would beat a full-strength USA baseball/basketball/football team at anything. Facts are facts

> no country would beat a full-strength USA baseball/basketball/football team
>basketball
>baseball
That's just wrong, Cletus.

rekt

>only one country

Canada
Cuba
Dominican Republic
Japan
Korea
Netherlands/Dutch Antilles