Sup Forums gods and /prod/ and /intellectuals/, do you know of a way to connect my Audio Interface to my speakers?

Sup Forums gods and /prod/ and /intellectuals/, do you know of a way to connect my Audio Interface to my speakers?
The Focusrite audio interface has two 6.3mm outputs, L and R.
My speaker system has 2 weird-looking inputs (on the picture). The speaker cable belnds these two (red and white) to one 3.5mm which runs to my computer.
I'll be forever grateful for a solution.

Other urls found in this thread:

stanfordmusic.com/et/tooted/kaablid/analoog-audiokaablid/klotz-atcj0300-twincable-2xjack-2x-rca-detail
amazon.fr/Adam-Hall-Cables-K3TPC0300-longueur/dp/B006H0E33C/ref=sr_1_27/262-6857600-6885264?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1512501908&sr=1-27&keywords=adaptateur RCA vers Jack 3.5 mm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I guess the red and white are called rcas?

you need two rca jacks that end in those ones that go in your speakers

Could you show me a picture, I'm not sure I get it.

Just go to any music prod store and buy a stereo rca to 1/4" jack cable. What speakers are those though? Why does it only have rca inputs? Thats uncommon for studio monitors.

You'll need 2 assuming that both speakers have those rca inputs.

Thanks for the advice!
These really arent studio monitors. Theyre Dialog ap-220. I'm collecting money for some decent monitors right now, but its going slow as fuck :(

Makes sense.

Ah that makes sense then. For normal monitors it would be a 1/4" jack on your speakers too, so youd just use those cables. But my other responses will work for now no problem.

Advice on some decent ones?

WHat? just fucking plug them in

I can, but thats not the problem.The problem is that I can't connect the two 6.3 outputs from the focusrite to my speakers.

Monitor wise? For now just reference between different headphones aswell as your speakers. Then when you save up, the Yamaha HS 5/7 series have some good ones. KRK Rokits are a bit of a meme but still decent as you can usually find them for cheap used. Try not to get the first you can afford and get some decent ones, they'll last you a long time and save you just having to upgrade.

If you insist on being ghetto get some Mackie Cr4 and a pair of low end monitor headphones.

The rca heads are a littlebit different than mine, but would these work?
stanfordmusic.com/et/tooted/kaablid/analoog-audiokaablid/klotz-atcj0300-twincable-2xjack-2x-rca-detail

you don't want that, m8.

the outputs on the back of your interface are mono outs.

what you need is 2 cables. both cables have to be:

single 1/4 inch jack to RCA.

also, an rca connector is an rca connector. you can get balanced/unbalanced ones, but the shape of the connector remains the same.

These?

And would 2x this also work?

like this, m8.

Yeah, if you had two rca to rca cables

I have 2 outputs on the focusrite and two inputs on the back of the speaker. If i route out R and L from the focusrite, it would leave me 4 cables at the other end :/

actually, wait, do you have inputs on the back of both speakers or just 1?

scene, yeah, you were right all along then with i assumed you were running cable to both speakers.

The side with two jacks needs to be one mono jack. Like the other user said, the outputs on your scarlett are mono so one cable going to left, then another to the right. 2 of these but longer.

Why are you plugging an audio interface into speakers first of all?

This is the back of my speaker, the cable ends with a rca.

Yeah thats kinda crucial, if you dont understand the question take a pic of the back of both speakers

I've got a mic on the audio interface, so i need it for recording. Also, for ableton, when I select the driver ASIO, it doesn't let me choose where I want to have the output, so I guess I'll have to have from the focusrite.

yeah, m8, i just looked up your model. the cable you picked out earlier was fine.

i didn't realise you were going into a sub/amp combi thing.

he's got this thing, m8.

then get a two RCAs to two jacks cable like I did
see

OH, OKAY. that speakers rca connects to your other speakers output then the input rca goes to a dual 1/4" jack.
Finally narrowed it down. These are right.

Teamwork user, im on the bus so its tough to search.

Thank you Sup Forums gods, specially poster. I think the problem has been solved :))

Any effects you might apply to vocals are going to take the audio engineer a lot of time to properly master if you do add any.

You need 2 jack to rca cables like this:

amazon.fr/Adam-Hall-Cables-K3TPC0300-longueur/dp/B006H0E33C/ref=sr_1_27/262-6857600-6885264?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1512501908&sr=1-27&keywords=adaptateur RCA vers Jack 3.5 mm

Hook them from the output at the back of the focusrite to the input of your speakers.

Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered some acoustic foam (I know it's kinda a meme but I really can't decide bc of my budget) and rearranged my room.

Excellent. You would need studio monitors as well at some point.

Searching for some right now, looking at what suggested.

i'll add JBL's LSR models to that list to go along with the yamahas. both are the best you can do in that price range.

Appreciate it

whoa. Sup Forums helped someone.

Nice addition i was suggesting from what i could remember.

This may be the most helpful i've ever seen a Sup Forums thread.

I remember how frustrating it can be figuring things out when starting. We have our moments.

I was the user you were thanking for suggestions. I usually lurk /prod/ threads but its usually not best to make your own thread for an issue. If you post over there for monitor questions etc and i sse id be happy to help.