/hoc/

ALREADY TRADED TVR LMAO HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

>that "yeesh" face when you realize there's no fans

FOR A SECOND ROUND PICK
LMAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOO
reddithawks btfo

MATT DUCHENE COME GET THE CUP

I think Carolina gets him, they didn't need to trade for D so they're probably going to move someone out

YOU LITERALLY CANNOT ARGUE AGAINST THIS

>EDM trade pick 22 for WIN pick 24 and 136
>ARI trade pick 23 for PIT pick 31, 93, and 3rd in 2018
>STL trade pick 27 for COL pick 32, 114, 156

TVR is useless, if they're replacing the quality they send for duchene with HIM then lmao

Is the quebec city pipedream possible with all the east divisions already being filled?

the NHL doesn't give a fuck, they'd just move Detroit or Columbus back west

Gary's keeping them on the back burner for relocation

So is it possible the isles try and get him? I think eberle is good enough but who knows if we can do it. Goaltending should be better this year, and defense should get better as pulock can finally come up

>laffs drafing finns in the 1st round
They'll probably take Foote unless Liljegren drops down

of course it's possible NYI has been mentioned in every rumor for duchene
they've been trying hard

>inb4 cancucks draft another finnish bust at 5th overall

Stars should trade their pick for a decent Dman

>last year at the Joe
>Howe dies
>Illitch dies
>wongs wear patches on their jerseys to commemorate all this
>miss the playoffs and end a meme streak in a weak draft year
Detroit really knows how to honor the dead.

Why does Chia keep allowing himself to get fleeced by Snow? How the fuck do you get BTFO by the same shit GM multiple times in a row?

lulling him into a false sense of security before unleashing the pulju for travares blockbuster

>tfw the new york rangers islanders win the Stanley cup

>Lias Andersson
Just what the Bruins need to do, draft another Swedish bust

if you need to know there's been a longstanding conspiracy theory that Chiarelli loves Snow after Snow helped him get rid of Tim Thomas.

one would think that favor had already been repaid though so I don't know

dem quads
>rags

quads confirm

>rags

>rag isles

>its another episode of oiler fans overvalue their bust players

So how has Hall done in New Jersey? 20 goals and -9. And this guy gets 6 million a year. How did Eberle do this year, 20 goals and +3. These aren't the statistics of good responsible players and that shows in their trade value. They are players who we're ruined by the previous oiler organization and given a really crunching long deal with 6 million yearly cap hit. And all of this doesn't even account on what kind of locker-room cancer they might both be.

>rags

It's been a tough year as a fan. I'm just hoping we can get enough young guys to regain relevance once all of Holland's shitty contracts start to expire.

Strome had 13 goals and was a -8

Ebrkek is an islel? Fugg

He also costs half as much, with less years on the deal left?

So New York has the cup this year? Good

just saying, if you're going to quantify your players as shit by using goals and plus minus, it doesnt help your argument if the player they are trading for is worse by those standards

>Everyone posting about shitty GMs but havent talked about the greatest meme of them all
Seriously, why are reddit and hfboards cucks still defending this man

>Speculation that Faulk, Lack, and draft pick(s) may be involved in a trade that has Carolina acquire Duchene

>Schlemko to Habs

habs btfo

makes sense

>Yfw he took leddy and boychuck in exchange for picks that resulted in nothing

better the >rags than the pens

u must go back

I wonder if Spencer Foo told Chiarelli he's signing in Edmonton, which triggered the trade? Assuming McLellan keeps Draisaitl on McDavid's wing, Strome would be 3C after Nuge. That leaves a big hole at 2RW, which Foo could potentially fill.

put rnh on the wing to bh

That doesn't make sense. They have been wanting to trade Eberle for months. They just don't like him.

So we're all in agreement that Vegas is retarded, right?

They didn't like him, but it would make more sense to hang onto him for the year instead of opening a hole at RW. He's good for 50 points every year. They could play Strome in 2RW, but they need a 3C.

Probably a good idea. Draisaitl can drive his own line better than Nuge, I'd give Nuge a shot on McDavid's wing, have Draisaitl as 2C (hopefully with Foo on the wing), then run Strome at 3C.

I really hope Pulju arrives soon, he would go a long way towards filling that top 6 RW spot.

but dude picks

>poopjärvi
just accept the bust stamp

>investing shitloads of picks in a weak draft year
>already trading expansion draft players for "muh picks"
>multiple albatross contracts taken up
>based in fucking las vegas out of all places
Pretty much

>they have to overpay for Duchene with Faulk just to get the Avs to take Lack off their hands

This team is going for the basement and will become a lolcow

>ragslels

Not yet, but I'm definitely getting worried. In hindsight, I'd probably take that faggot Tkachuk, but the draft is all about potential, and Pulju's ceiling is higher than Tkachuk's, so they couldn't really pass on him.

Here's hoping he pulls a Draisaitl, but I legit think he's too fucking dumb to learn to play at the NHL level.

meh faulk is overrated as fuck

college free agents almost always suck, any team penciling them into their top 6 is retarded

Faulk is very mediocre but it hasn't caught up to his rep yet. He's like their third best defenseman.

>I legit think he's too fucking dumb to learn to play at the NHL level.
that is because you cant even begin to comprehend his level of hockey iq
thank god you're posting here and not making decisions within the oiler organization

>Guentzel

Literally College FA that sent the pens to the finals

>TVR and JVR will never win a cup together

desu he's not that far off from oilels management before they got mcmeme

>le crosbabby
>good
play him with bonino, see how good he is

>FA

Think they are doing fine.
You knew that they went defense heavy to be trade bait.

They are getting pretty high value picks in the coming years. If they draft well they can build a team.

how else are you going to establish a real core?
with more scraps from other teams, most of which aren't even going to stay long term?

The actual Pens argument would be Schultz, dumb casual. And even then he would have been good earlier if he had stayed with Anaheim.

>Schlemko
I honestly don't know anything about him.

I agree, but Benning and Caggiula both stepped straight into the lineup last year. Granted, not in top 6/top 4 roles, but they still made the jump. And Foo is more talented than both of them.

I think there's probably another move to come from Chiarelli, because the right side is pretty weak without Eberle.

>worse than George McFleeced

so is duchene, he's not even a consistent 20 goal scorer and only has ONE 30 goal season.
This wouldnt be a big deal except he is only a goalscorer, he is not good at anything else and plays with no heart at all.

and he looks like he fell off a cliff this year

even ignoring his play on a terrible avs team he was an absolute no show at IIHF WC

goodbye eberle

Pretty sure the Stars will trade their 3rd overall desu
Leafs will take Foote

Put him on a line without the best player in the world and lets see how well he does.

A FUCKING SLICE OF PIZZA

>muh goals
this is why I don't discuss hockey with americans

he did ok when Crosby was out with concussion desu.
And he was great in the AHL, much better than players /hoc/ likes, pulju and such busts.
>33 games, 42 points

Think the Pens got something with that one. They've drafted very well desu.

Has mcphee ever gave albatross contracts to dorsett, eriksson, sutter and luca fucking sbisa?

>goalscorer who doesn't score goals
>good
uhhh ok.

Please put Duchene on whatever shit team you like so you can instantly hate him. Because you inevitably will when you actually see him play.

>silver state
>golden knights

Just fuck my expansion team up senpai

>knights
>spartan style helmet logo
JUST

>you now remember the Washington capitals

Quick hockey lesson here for you.
Valuing a center by his goal totals is not a great metric, the center's job is more about puck distribution and defense than it is about scoring goals. Duchene was never viewed as a great goal scorer, more of a quick small puck mover with pretty decent vision.

good riddance to eberlazy, would have liked atleast a 3rd rounder plus strome. but seriously it cant be stressed enough how useless eberle is

you're not listening. Duchene is not good at being a center. He is not a great passer, he doesn't have high "hockey IQ" he doesn't even play with any level of effort.
He will never kill penalties, he is ineffective on the powerplay.
He can't even do anything in the IIHF meme anymore.

The dude is a piece of shit bust going through the motions and collecting his millions. Canada, you have busts too and Duchene is one of them.

Faulk would actually be a victory for the avs, and he is barely a top 4 d man. Getting out from under a pure bust is still a win though.

>golden knights
>Vegas started long after knights no longer existed

>not realizing Duchene only stopped playing well after the trade deadline to tank his value after he heard the Avs were asking for a lot from other teams

he's playing 8d chess and you're playing hungry hippos

>golden knights
>despite gold being an all around poor metal for weapons or armour

>golden knights
>division rival literally called the Kings
JUST
U
S
T
bend the knee

If he ain't scoring, he ain't doing shit. Draisaitl confirmed for taking Eberle's "A" next year.

>bend the knee
FUUAARK that is good. Vegans btfo

Next autumn is a pretty good indication if he is still as much at loss and a border-line NHL player or if the off-season has done him some good. Worst case he hasn't improved at all and best case he is ready for NHL, probability is somewhere in the middle of these and another season in AHL for him unless they absolutely want to put him as a 3rd or a 4th liner which won't actually help the situation at all.

He was a -34 this season.
That didn't happen after the deadline.

>you value a center by his puck distribution and defense, among other things, which is admittedly the correct attitude.
>he posts poor possession numbers even relative to his teammates
>not really known for his passing/breakouts, more for his speed in carrying the puck through the neutral zone and trying to create something off the rush, neither of which he's been particularly successful at lately.
>you would rather have a smallish streaky forward than a solid top-4 defenseman.

half of that was after the deadline actually, look at his monthly splits

>Vegas Golden Knights
Instead of
>Las Vegas Golden Knights

WHY.jpg

or just Las Vegas Knights since apparently London wasn't really blocking anything

Are the transplants coming into vegas even white? If not this team is fucked

>taking a single season's statistics instead of career
cherry
picking
Pretty obvious he was checked out for the entire season.

EBERSHIT ON SUICIDE WATCH

I'm fine with another year in the AHL if that's what he needs. Draisaitl might not be the best comparable for Pulju, because Draisaitl is a very cerebral player with a sky-high hockey IQ, whereas Pulju seems to be more of a reactionary guy who relies on his size and speed. Draisaitl obviously studied the tape, listened to his coaches, and caught on quick. Pulju might need to be sorta beaten over the head with it until he learns where to be and when to be there.

>Islanders