Please, explain

As a neutral person, I just want to know what is his secret? I just don't get how he got so popular without being attractive and having no catchy tunes. I can decode almost every song on this planet and understand what it is, but this guy..it's like listening to a bottle of still water. Help me. Is it memes or something else behind this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=87gWaABqGYs
neonnettle.com/news/3305-miley-cyrus-worship-satan-if-you-want-to-be-rich-famous-like-me-
youtube.com/watch?v=s13Fnj8LzD8
amazon.com/Addiction-Formula-Captivating-Commercial-Songwriting/dp/9082391309
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes, capitalism and mass marketing

industry implant

>I can decode almost every song on this planet and understand what it is

I strongly believe he was in the right place at the right time. There was a gap in the system where there was no young guy singing about his feeling with a guitar, and he filled it.

>creepy dude makes crepey songs
yeah i got nothing

No catchy tunes? That's where you're wrong.

>Label representative goes to major radio station
>"We have signed this new artist and their debut single is coming out next month. If you don't play it X number of times we won't give you exclusive rights to the first play of this other popular artist's new single next year"
>Goes to other major radio stations and says the same thing
>Next month comes around and suddenly all the major radio stations are playing this new song by a new artist
>Smaller radio stations desperate to keep their audience and stay relevant start playing the song as well

Name 3. I reconsider my position, if you're right.

Bob Dylan kind of did it before him. Not that I am by any means comparing the two.

Well, was Dylan young in 2011?

There's nothing to reconsider. His songs clearly follow a simple song structure format - AABA. I wouldn't know three songs of his, but analyzing some isn't a big hassle. Shape of you as his only #1 charting single is in the key of C# minor, in 4/4 time, there are prominent single note melodies (E to G# as well as F to C#) which feature the most obvious and therefore safe choices - the root note, the third and the fifth. There is no motivic development, which is to be expected, as the head repeats throughout the song.

this song is super catchy. i kinda like it
youtube.com/watch?v=87gWaABqGYs

/ourgal/ spilled the beans
neonnettle.com/news/3305-miley-cyrus-worship-satan-if-you-want-to-be-rich-famous-like-me-

there's actually a movie about this, you must not have seen it

Not his regular thing.

He has a nice voice.

Lel, what's this? Quick rundown needed.

He has a decent voice and has written a few catchy songs that I thought were good like castle on the hill. I wasn't a big fan of shape of you

He's "authentic" (used to busk you know!), he seems fairly likeable, his music is decent and appeals across a broad spectrum. The guy can just write a good pop tune. I think he has it in him to make a pretty long career, not as a master musician like Bowie or McCartney. But just as someone who's always kinda there.

really can't stand this cunt.

youtube.com/watch?v=s13Fnj8LzD8
it's no secret that it's based on a true story but not many people made the connection that it's about ed sheehan

he's a really fucking good writer. anyone who thinks otherwise is autistic and has never written a creative line in their lives

Is this what you'd call peak creativity and songwriting ability? There are books written for the exact purpose:
amazon.com/Addiction-Formula-Captivating-Commercial-Songwriting/dp/9082391309

i read the book. it was nice. i pictured the protagonist as conor orberst while reading it.