Why does no-one put effort like this into pop *albums* anymore...

why does no-one put effort like this into pop *albums* anymore? The first half of this in particular is amazingly crafted, wish this sort of stuff still existed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pwnefUaKCbc
youtube.com/watch?v=0OkB6p_FZAw
coupdemainmagazine.com/interviews/interview-grimes-art-angels-touring-and-her-arcane-art
youtube.com/watch?v=5QX-rSLkQRQ
i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/43v5wq/life-after-whimsy-joanna-newsom-is-no-ethereal-creature
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>why does no-one put effort like this into pop *albums* anymore?
pop's in a weird place atm where it wants to be artsy but also still wants do numbers on the charts
takes a good artist to pull off both which not that many can accomplish

yeah the archandroid is really great, but the songs become cheesy after a while

>pretending that art angels (who featured janelle monae herself on venus fly) doesn't exist

doesn't sound as detailed tho

what? art angels is super detailed. check the unofficial instrumental version to see how many details this album contains.

There's no money in it. Compare the number of views of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=pwnefUaKCbc
to the number of views of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=0OkB6p_FZAw

thats not what detail means buddy.
also cold war on can easily lead into outkasts b.o.b. thx to the drum pattern.

this album is no way comparable to OP. grimes is shitty.

I mean...22 million views is still nothing to scoff at

your taste is shitty. even janelle monae herself featured on that album. do you think janelle would collaborate with grimes if grimes did shitty music?

Yes.

>wish this sort of stuff still existed
you literally posted a recent album

>wish this sort of stuff still existed

um..... it does? and you just posted the album cover for it?

damn. beat me to it

archandroid was honestly just above average but it's leagues better than fucking emotion so I don't know why people circlejerk that mediocre album instead of this one

pffffffffffffffffffft

>Janelle MonĂ¡e: "Grimes absolutely slayed the music production on ['Venus Fly'] and all through Art Angels. She is an amazing music producer and I hope more young women are inspired to produce more music in the future."

he's trolling dont let the grime hate propaganda fool you

source coupdemainmagazine.com/interviews/interview-grimes-art-angels-touring-and-her-arcane-art

idgaf what she said. that album isn't even near what janelle made

so what? no use in burning bridges by insulting her. of course she's going to say something positive about another pop musician

It's a miracle we got this one to begin with, she won't make anything close to this again with wondaland, be thankful we got this

>Pop garbage
Nah go to containment thread virgin

Yes. Yes she would. Considering her compositional skill had dropped precipitously since archandroids release

Ya Janelle monae was also in the films moonlight and hidden figures last year.

So she is quite capable of making shit choices along with good ones
>Inb4 moonlight is the bad one

Moonlight was the shit. Haven't seen hidden figures.

youtube.com/watch?v=5QX-rSLkQRQ

electric lady is alright

This is honestly one of my favorite albums of all time. It's beautiful.

WE WUZ ANDROIDS N SHIEEET!!

retard

>Ya Janelle monae was also in the films moonlight and hidden figures last year.
gimme a break. did you see the behind the scenes of the venus fly video? she super-praised grimes. she knows when she meets a talent.
btw joanna newsom is wrong too?
>I loved the latest Bjork album, I'm excited about the idea of Grimes. I haven't wrapped my head around the record. I find her so compelling and so unlike anybody else and so incredibly talented, skilled, and fun. I love her. I met her in LA a few months ago, she told me something along the lines of, "I grew up listening to your music". I will say, it made me feel really old for about five minutes, then it made me feel really happy. I was like well, I guess I'm old now, but that's okay because this awesome and amazing young musician likes my music and said that it was special to her when she was younger, so that's great.
i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/43v5wq/life-after-whimsy-joanna-newsom-is-no-ethereal-creature

do you just sit on Sup Forums all day .waiting to link the same articles over and over?

good one

Quality post user. Now kill yourself.

I don't know if this counts because it's two years old, I still think it's one of the best pop records of the decade.

REMINDER THAT HE RATED THE ARCHANDROID 8/10 AND NOTHING GRIMES HAS DONE ABOVE 7

hidden figures was alright desu desu, want to see moonlight when I can be bothered though

no, autist. i copy pasted that from the archive. btw maybe it's time to take a break from mu if you pretend to see these posts all the time. the joke's on you.