youtu.be/2POqovvfpHw?t=542
sites.google.com/site/agthook/manual
cosmicbreak2.cyberstep.jp/home
youtu.be/ALWgIcIQ7Rc
nhg.pro.tok2.com/qa/joshi-16.htm
apps.ankiweb.net/docs/manual.html#manual-analysis
youtu.be/HQoRXhS7vlU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is it weird that i get hard when i get a name right?

おつ

youtu.be/2POqovvfpHw?t=542

Is this show pulling a Davido-kun, or is this how all otaku dance like?

(Nice show to practice with, btw, I'm pausing a lot but having fun.)

How can I change my Japanese font in Firefox?

>Firefox
>2017

red alert 3 was a fun game to play

Yeah, you need to run it with some parameters. It's not actually that complicated, check the manual sites.google.com/site/agthook/manual and it should sort you out.

about:preferences#content there're font settings, otherwise you need greasemonkey or similar addons.

Apparently it's not compatible with this game, because the main application is started from the game's launcher, so if I use the game's exe in the command line the game doesn't start and if I use the launcher's exe agth cannot capture the game's text.
Is there a way to force agth to run on an existing process? if I started the game beforehand, it could work, if agth has anything to analyze existing processes.

wait looks like there is /P parameter that does just that, I'm trying now.

What game is it? Launchers usually just open a separate executable file, try checking if any of the other executables in the folder starts the game without the launcher.

>Launchers usually just open a separate executable file
Yes but that executable file refuses to open when I try to run it manually, literally says "run the game from the launcher" I imagine the launcher gives it some parameters before starting.
I tried /P but doesn't work, it says cannot execute the process id/name, I tried with admin rights too but no difference.

Ah, it sounds like you're out of luck to be honest. I've never run into that kind of problem before. It worked with everything I threw at it, so I'm actually not too versed in troubleshooting it.
Maybe someone else has run into similar issues and can shed some light on it. What game is it?

Since it's MMO they probably use some kind of embedded any-hack or memory encryption that causes issues with agth. This is the game:
cosmicbreak2.cyberstep.jp/home

What does 何勝手なこと...... 僕だって mean? At least, what does the first part (何勝手) mean?

That explains it. I never used it with anything online. I guess your best bet is using OBS's preview and kanjitomo so you don't have to take a million screenshots.

>kanjitomo
actually it works even directly on the game's window, although the ocr precision isn't very high, it's still good for characters with little complexity so I'll definitely keep using it.

That's nice. Glad that you managed to sort it out.

Not ready for JLPT club

better be taking the N1 this year user

>何勝手なこと
= 何勝手なこと(をしてるのか)(をやってるのか)
Something like "You can't just say that" or "You can't just do that".

>僕だった
I (want to ...) too.
(the remainder is reliant on context)

>taking any JLPT test that isn't N1

I hope this isn't you

After 1 month break from adding new cards after having learned all Joyo kanji, I finally started my Name Deck today, July 1st.

Took some thinking to establish the necessary Fields, but I am quite pleased with how it works now. Here's how it looks, appreciate!

(Pics are taken from MAL, way easier to make everything the same size this way).

Right off the bat I can see 黑澤 is the old form os 黒沢, two variant jinmeiyou in one stroke! Nice.

South Asians keep staring at you because they've never seen a 白人 before or something club

Though honestly it seems restricted to those taking N3, the N1 seem less stary, though more Eastern than South in this group

where can i download something like this?

I'm going away for about a week, and I won't have access to Anki or any study material the entire time. Is there anything i can do beforehand or will i just have to deal with all the reviews when i get back? I'm afraid it will mess the whole algorithm and schedule up which sucks.

>2 years in 3k kanji and still cant read names
Hate japanese

Has to shitpost on other's threads because his own already has enough automatic shitpost spam club.

Not even a dumbphone?
Let's suppose you have 100 reviews every day, and by the time you come back there are 500 stacked up.

You can come back home and do everything in one sit, but that will make reviews huge every 3 days.
The other option is doing it by bulks: 200 every day, or 150 every day, until you close the gap.

There is not much you can do apart from that, the algorithm is made so it tries to account for you being late too - if even after a week past the due date for review you can remember a kanji, that means you actually have the retention necessary to push it forward, after all.

Join the fun, onii-chan!

i could use my phone, is the app really worth the cost?

wait but i just realized that they have a web app version i can use on my phone so i guess problem solved?

>cost
Ankidroid is free.

ankimobile is $25

Ah. iPhone. Sorry.

dumb Apple user

Yes, you guess problem solved.

how very insightful and helpful of you user thank you

What is the meaning of ぽい here and why doesn't it have the っ ? "-ish/-like" doesn't seem to fit

だろう or something would make much more sense to me in this situation given that it's an observation based on little information, not a characteristic

いいもんっぽい is correct,but that is changed intentionally.
よつばと is a manga that is written by using a closer usage of conversation language and I think it is a characteristic style of that manga.

勝手に入っちゃっていいもんスか(いいものだろうか)
いいもんぽいな(いいもののようだな)

I wonder if we are allowed to enter without permission.
It looks like that.

I think it's because of the ん, so the pronunciation is actually more like もんぽい, since the ん already has kind of a "pause" characteristic to it

ありがとうございました

Good point. Thanks

Sorry is this is an obvious question, but what would be the difference in meaning if this sentence were just .まあどうかとは思うが (without は)?

Basically, what does the は add to the sentence?

youtu.be/ALWgIcIQ7Rc
posting as listening practice source.

>implying anyone in Japan would prefer to post in a Japanese thread on an American burger keijiban when they could just post on 2ch

First part done

Oh man, how can you watch this without vomiting?

you're welcome :)

How does Anki calculate time spent studying? I've had Anki opened on cards for 2 and a half hours now but it says I've only been studying for 45 minutes, which is about right because I've been goofing off and doing them leisurely. How does it know?

2ch is a pile of shit though

Is he omitting ほう from のほうがいい just for the hell of it? I can't seem to find that pattern online (people omit, just not leave の)

is that a question of a difference between どうかとは思うが and どうかと思うが?
nhg.pro.tok2.com/qa/joshi-16.htm
Q158
強調(emphasis)だそうです。

草はどうかなあ is "What do you think of eating grasses?"
まあ「どうか」とは思うが is "Well, I think badly of it, though"

in this case, どうかな is an expression of criticism.

I think it stops measuring time if the window is unfocused/minimized.

it's just a conversation language.
「ラーメンよかカレーのがいいな」
・・・ラーメンよりもカレーの方がいいな

but I also hesitate about posting that sentence on the board a little. it is too conversational.

Not entirely sure. I read somewhere at one point that it only counts time spent on a card prior to hitting the show answer button, as well as only up to 60 seconds per card as a max limit. These aren't things I can find in the user manual, though, so who knows.
According to the manual the exact data can be viewed, by using a database browser.
apps.ankiweb.net/docs/manual.html#manual-analysis

A bit fucking vague, really.

Thanks. If you don't mind I have to ask this one last question (anyone can answer of course)

Why is の used here? Since when could you modify a verb with a noun like that? I could see if it was 牧場の仕事 or something because they're both nouns, but I have no clue in this sentence. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, I have no idea

>time
>The amount of time (in milliseconds) you spent on the question and answer sides of the card before selecting an ease button.

>1324534ms
>21 minutes

It doesn't seem to have a limit on how much time it tracks.

It really must count when you tab out, because there is no way I spent 21 minutes on a single card (or that much on the others).

役に立つ is 'useful'. I guess you know it, though.
の is used as a postpositional particle for an object in 役に立つ.
Incidentally, in the case of 役立つ, に is used.

ヤギは牧場の役に立つ
ヤギは牧場に役立つ

Add to のために, those become the same.
ヤギは牧場のために役に立つ/役立つ

Sorry, I don't know a reason of it, too. The fact that 役 has a meaning as 仕事 may relate.
I think that there is a similar example as 支えになる. ex) 私はあなたの支えになる。

south asians are just a starey culture
I just assume all of them are gay desu
they give off major homo vibes

>learns japanese by reading children's speech
>surprised when it's not consistent

DJT: Yostubato and Tae Kim General

hello DET I am reading this book in addition to doing anki reps of spongebob character's names

making good progress, but what do they mean by "Sam-I-Am" Why do they call him that? Seems really redundant

Go jump in front of a train.

It is redundant.
Redundancy is a common feature in that author's style.

ひどいね

>tfw japanese seems like a really cool language
>tfw japanese culture is repugnant

>three kanji 海鷂魚 but only two vocals えい
*youtu.be/HQoRXhS7vlU starts playing*

Jokes aside, imagine if you really did learn English solely from Doctor Seuss books. You'd talk like a fucking gummy bear.

*vowel

Nobody witnessed me. Lame. Unless either of the two guys who I talked to were concealing being from DJT but probably not. Think I probably passed though

How did the test go?

Think he probably passed though

愛液。

yeah but how did the test go?

>彼は行政を改革したいと思っている
>He wants to reform the administration.

i dont get the と思って part. isnt the "want" already expressed with 改革したい?

to me the correct translation is:
He thinks about wanting to reform the administration

役に立つ is not a verb, it's an expression formed from a noun plus a verb.

it would be too presumptuous to express the wish of someone else directly so you must relativize it in one way or the other

Good thanks. Listening was a bitch but I'm hoping I got at least 30/60. If I managed that much ny vocab/grammar and reading should put me over the passing line. If there is one thing that I'd say to anyone taking JLPT, it's check out the Shin Kanzen Master books, or if nothing else the practice tests in the back of the books. The actual N1 is just about exactly as hard as the SKM books so there were no surprises.

I wanted to buy those a while ago but in the end didn't. How do you think they are in terms for just learning, ignoring actual tests?

but strictly logical isnt my tranlation "more right"?

>ツンツンプンプン
what is your major malfunction?
always popping into these threads, making some dumb comments
if you don't like it so much, why keep coming back?

Godd afternoon.
Please tell me if there is such a dictionary programm where I could add new kanji that I already learntand if needed sort out the words by radicals amog them?
For example if I know 400 kanji and 10 of them have radical 氵I sort them all out by this radical and will only have a list of 10 words I know with 氵radical.
I think it is really important for successful study

it's one of these things that are just a fixed expression
と思う pretty much always refers to the thoughts of the speaker unless said otherwise
2bh I'm not sure how one would write "he thinks he wants to", but a japanese would never read it that way as you translated it

anyone tried reading the bible in japanese

well I started with the NT but lost interest after a few pages, escept for the words you'll have to look up it's okay to read grammar wise

あらあら、フフフ

Just fyi all of SKM for N1 and N2 is in the CoR. But anyway:

For JLPT:
N1 (and to a lesser extent N2) 文法: Very helpful. Teaches you a bunch of shit it would take much longer to pick up with passive acquisition alone. Guaranteed to get you more points on the grammar section.
N1 聴解: Quite useful, the methods they teach are totally identical to the actual test. Made the listening section less stressful.
N1 読解: I didn't go through this one since I was too lazy but this is probably worthwhile, if nothing else as a repository of academic articles that you will see similar sorts of on the exam.
N1 漢字, 語彙: Unnecessary if you are already decent at kanji and vocab, don't bother.

For learning alone I would definitely recommend the N1 文法, maybe N2 文法 as well, but none of the others. SKM grammar is an excellent resource for learning more in-depth about grammar you already know as well as learning abouy new points before seeing them in the wild, and additionally in the N1 book there is the best explanation of は vs. が I've read. Would recommend for intermediates even with no plans to take the JLPT. The other (non-grammar) books are basivally just gimmicks to teach you JLPT tricks though.

think i got it now. dangä

N1 文法 CoR it is then. thanks user

Is fumu like a japanese LOL ?

How is it exactly said when someone goes like "no way" or "I can't believe it"

つんな or something like that.

if im right about what we are talking about then
i think it depends on how it is used.
ive seen it used when someone is angry. Like an english "humph".
but also yeah it can be like a subtle chuckle under your breath still kind of making that humph sound.

something like
まさか
あり得ない
信じられない
そんな。。。

>つんな or something like that.
I was wondering what you're talking about but I think you meant そんな

Yeah, it's そんな
Thanks

if you could change something of how anki works, add a feature or in general have a new addon about whatever you want, what would it be?

I should be working on actual projects or fixing my old shit but fuck that

categories.
Like, if I want to practice a deck of "food" or "vehicles" or "verbs" etc.

you can already. From the manual:

>To place decks into a tree, you can either name them with “::” between each level, or drag and drop them from the deck list. Decks that have been nested under another deck (that is, that have at least one “::” in their names) are often called subdecks, and top-level decks are sometimes called superdecks or parent decks.

if this is not enough, and you want to have multiple categories for decks, for example you want a deck that is about food verbs, then you can use filtered decks:

>Advanced users can create filtered decks with arbitrary search strings, instead of relying on set presets. To create a filtered deck manually, choose Create Filtered Deck from the Tools menu.

you can even use them to limit your reviews to certain card tags, for card-level control.

Keep in mind that this is discouraged: you learn better if you intersperse topics. If you study both biology and japanese, it might be better for your memory if you go as far as reviewing both at the same time.

Oh fuck nice I wanted to watch that when I get better but with jap subs I can start right now, nice!

A local man recommends that a foreigner visit a shop that is in town, and then says this before leaving:

「この国に君が立ち寄ってくれたことに比べれば、それくらい本当にたいしたことじゃないんだよ」

"If compared to you having dropped by this land , then.." And the rest I'm not confident in translating. Could someone help me understand what is being conveyed here? It should be something friendly.

I thought the listening was surprisingly hard. I took it in December too and even though I'm much better now, it felt like the listening part had increased in difficulty. But both that time and when I took N2, listening was my highest score despite that it felt like the hardest part, so I think I will manage it. The best part of the test was reading a novel on the way there, continue reading on the way back, and then watching Japanese dvds until time to sleep. It shows how little energy the test consumed and how used I have become to the language.

I agree with all this but I'd like to add that if you don't do a lot of listening, part of the N2/N1 listening books cover casual speech patterns, which is extremely helpful for both reading and listening if you haven't seen many of them yet.