Is there a rapper who did more to harm hip hop than this asshole...

Is there a rapper who did more to harm hip hop than this asshole? He's single handedly responsible for all the trash polluting the genre today.

soulja boy

who cares its so funny to see ironic trash get unironically liked by normies

shut up you dumb bitch

he paved the new wave of black empowerment dont see how you could possibly think thats bad

If rap fans are dumb enough to let this guy fuck their music scene up then what can you do. Maybe hip hop just isn't worth the effort.

Kids are so fucking gullible I swear.

what's wrong with Lil B?

>he wasn't bumping Vans by the Pack back in the day
underage detected

the preening, posturing gangster/mafioso/pop rap pf the late 90s/early 00s was the nadir of hip hop. i dunno who you can blame for that.

co-signing this

and this

Future

Kanye's use of autotune in 808 ruined hip hop

Desiigner

Biggie, Jay-Z

Just like how Jim Morrison elevated rock to a form of theatre, where the emphasis is shifted from from the music itself to its performance in cultural and social contexts, Lil B elevated hip-hop to a new form of theatre for the internet age, taking place instead on digital platforms. Not unlike Morrison, Lil B's "presence" is clearly stronger than his musical talent, the only difference being that irony, positivity, and non-sequitur is used to displace the tribal, aggressive and serious attitudes of Hip-hop before him, while Morrison used his hedonistic, dark, and psychedelic image to displace the happy-go-lucky attitudes of doo-wop rock groups of the past.

tl;dr: Lil B is the new Jim Morrison, meme rap is the new psych-rock, and you are missing out on a new golden age.

THIS

t. quintessentially pleb opinion

t. Kanye

>it's the 'lil b had a big influence on hip hop' meme again
bad meme tbqh

I was not "bumping Vans by the Pack back in the day", no. Are you telling me that you're satisfied with product that you know is of lower quality, because you were "bumping it back in the day"? You're willing to forsake quality and demand less because of some shitty nostalgia?

t. po-faced soyboy who just discovered golden-age hiphop

t. numale

that's not soulja boy

Lil b saved hip hop from taking itself too seriously

lil wayne

Fuck off tourist faggot

And why shouldn't hip hop take itself seriously?

any coincidence that doors fans always happen to be total fucking pseuds?

if it wasn't for lil b there would be no frank ocean

Remember when lil b had a better freestyle than Kendrick on the xxl freshman class 2011

Naw bruh you just some finna white boy shiet dis mf slaps in the bitch nigga muhfuggin bix nood you just dun fugkin bad music nigga like shiet

Go back to listening to Asop rock fag

because it hardly qualifies as music
playing it off as a joke is preferable to trying to pass itself off as legitimate art

Whoever started the “ya aye” adlib trend. I really enjoyed underground hip hop until a few years ago.

Fuck off tourist faggot

>he's a tourist because he doesn't listen to retard-core

>not listening to a genre doesn't mean you don't listen to it

all of this stupid meme rap, while funny, is actually the worst music i've ever heard. its so low effort.

You don't know what tourist means my dude

You haven't listened to much music then. Nothing is more cringey than a high effort disaster.

/thread

>influence lil b
>ruin hip hop

t-thank you Scaruffi

>meme rap is the new psych rock
Let's not get out of hand here, other than that a cool and apt comparison