why not now? why wait 10 years?

Finnish, English, Swedish

>he doesn't speak english exclusively, even when he goes overseas
pathetic

>American education

He doesn't have the "desenrascanço" skill

>go anywhere
>people already speak english

why the fuck would you ever learn anything else? I've got way bigger problems in life to deal with than not knowing what theyre saying in Sviergetraden or ita

the only other language I speak well enough to actually use is fr*nch, and all frogs speak english anyway so what's the point

But I do, I speak Spanish, English, Portuguese, Italian and Latin

yes now. I'm saying I want to reach my goal in 10 years, which is s3 and r3 in both languages

Looks like you guys need to work on your English

>cropping off the cat

If you really speak portuguese, tell me: how would you ask for a soup in Brazil?

And mapuche?

>he doesn't speak 5 languages
pffft hahahahAHAHAHA

perché ho mai visto un cileno in /ita/?

>speak English, Spanish, but broken primordial tier french

Um well I live w gf, pay for school cause I sunk my gpa and there are hardly and French speakers around and the only ones ive seen are the rich snoby ones with their fucked up drug taking kids.

I'm American.

I speak the most important languages right now
American and Mexican. I should learn chinese.

el chino es bastante guay lo estoy aprendendo ahora

English isn't spoken everywhere. In Russian Federation, for example, only 5% of people have English proficiency, and almost all of those 5% are young people. Quite simply, if you want to go outside the first world, it is extremely useful to learn more languages, not to mention the enormous benefits it provides to your brain.

你是brasil人吗? eu também estou aprendendo chinês. comecei faz uma semana. na vdd eu acho ele muito fácil, especialmente depois de estudar ruso levemente por um ano. chinês é muito simple pra falar.

I'm white, so I only need to speak one language.

é então eu estudei japonês por 2 anos, ai desisti quando tive que aprender o kanji, porque percebi que é muito mais fácil aprender chinês do que um sistema de escrita todo fudido que não faz sentido

I speak French, Norwegian, and English.
Want to learn Icelandic and Old Norse together for muh heritage purposes, and Finnish for fun.

But I do. I speak Spanish, Portuguese, and French.

I don't, I speak English and two obscure conlangs.

I want to learn Russian but I'm autistic and can't learn new things.

Hi Varg.

Então oq vc acha do chines? Quanto tempo vc leva aprendendo ele?

Incredible post

>he doesn't speak 5 languages and 3 programming languages

Fucking plebs

Então eu to bem no começo ainda, eu acabei de achar um livro e comecei a ler ele faz uma semana, semana que vem vou começar a praticar e decorar os hanzis. Mas só o fato de cada hanzi ter só um significado, já faz completa diferença. No japonês você tem que decorar o significado dos kanjis em chinês e japonês e como não houve uma organização quando os caracteres chineses foram adaptados ao japonês, ele se tornou um completo clusterfuck lol. Diferente do chinês que é completamente lógico

So how're the children Louis?

English, Russian, and Japanese. And I'm an American you fucking lazy cunts.

>if you want to go outside the first world

qual o livro? pode postar uma foto dele?

Nah, you are just lazy and unmotivated

esse
www.kinezika.info/pdf/chinesecharacters.pdf

Eu falo um algum de portuguse, mas sobre falo com lusfonos

lo dudo tenoch

I'm learning french, though it's mostly for reading literature, not really to speak it.
After i become sufficiently competent in french, i'll learn portuguese. I hope to become fluent in that one since it's so similar to spanish

Because I speak the only language that matters

Mandarin chinese?

Already. My other two languages is even better than English. (One is Japanese.) Take that however you will.

Anyway having 3 language at near-native fluency can't be that hard. If you are European, you can always give up wildly unique language like Chinese and go for the easy mode. Like Danish and Norwegian. That way you can say you know three language with even less effort than people who chose Chinese.

>"Indeed, although it is very difficult to measure the number of people who speak English in each country because of different definitions of proficiency, the British Council estimated in 2010 that India had anywhere between 55 and 350 million English speakers while a report published by Cambridge University Press estimates that China has 250 to 350 million English learners," the EF English Proficiency Index stated. "It appears that China is poised to surpass India in the number of English speakers in the coming years, if it has not already done so."

Is Rosetta Stone worth it?

I want to learn a language or two.

And yet it is so chinamen only know the very basics of English if at all. And even that 300 million is only what about 20% of the population?

It's also a very shunned language there (as it should be). I doubt it's gonna ever gain a proper foothold there.

t: worked there.

Yeah but Chinese is exploding in Europe and America, right?

almost certainly not, its pretty overpriced not so useful software containing information you can easily find for free on the internet. do you have any language in mind you wanna learn?

I know right? English,Tagalog and Ilonggo

I wanted to learn Dutch, so I can impress my grandparents with speaking their native tongue, and Japanese because I'm a faggy weeaboo who's got yellow fevor.

Maybe French because I'm Canadian and I feel bad for not knowing a lick of it.

Going to bed soon tho, I will reply in the morning. Any recommended courses/websites?

>he can only speak English and a handful of romantic languages

Do they teach Philippine languages other than Tagalog in school? Some guy told me that lived in Cebu and they only taught Tagalog and English in school. Like Cebuano language subject didn't exist because it's a vernacular language. Is this true?
You don't speak three languages? So Flemish people don't speak French and vice versa? So you talk to each other in English?

L1. Bengali.
L2. Hindi.
L3. English.

I do
Russian, English and Javascript

>only taught Tagalog and English
yes, but english is more important in academe

I've been trying to learn French for the longest time, I'm going to get myself into one of my college French courses this year so hopefully I will be good enough to shit talk a little bit in that beautiful language at the end of this year. My final goal is to learn to speak all the relevant Romance languages and German.

Are you talking about me? H-how did you know?

English and spanish
I just started with russian and will probably learn italian or french after it

>go to France
>hoping to practice my French
>say a few words to a waiter
>he replies in Italian

wtf lads I'm not even a wog

uma delica?

We don't talk to each other at all, save for the federal government where Walloons have to learn Dutch.

At least I'm not wearing a fucking book

I mean seriously. Are you Flemish? Then if you go to Brussels, in what language do you speak to the people in the street?

because i already know 5?