Is she, dare I say it, a mary sue?

Is she, dare I say it, a mary sue?

she's certainly ruining the show for me.

she's one giant plot hole a mile wide and goes to the center of the earth

Yeah, she just might be bitch

>Hyper intelligence
>Robo Strength
>Plot armor out the ass
>Absolutely no weaknesses or vulnerabilities

Yup.

>A robot nigger-whore
>Mary sue

Good one user

Plot hole or brain holes
you decide
oh wait you can't

If she's a Mary Sue, then Ford is a Gary Sue.

even now that her story is just making normal progression it's been tainted by the fact that for her to get there she went through the most absolutely moronic sequence of events I've ever seen

yeah

it's bad enough she figures it out by herself but then she gets WOKE and goes back to work for multiple days without anyone wiping her

Her whole " Lol ur a host" to Bernard almost ruined the whole series for me

Why does JJ Abrams have a fetish for gorillas. First Star Wars Nigerian now the pretty whore is a monkey. JJ the fuck! Sincerely everyone.

Pretty?

If she doesn't die/gets really wiped in the next episode I'm dropping the show.

She actually escapes and they call in will smith to find her in season 2.

I like her, dunno what the rest of Sup Forums is on about.

He's not because he's a massive asshole. There's nothing wrong with a character being hyper prepared about stuff, but they need to be flawed. Anthony Hopkins' character could be a Gary Stu, but they avoid it by making him a massive dickhead who murders people and does whatever he wants without caring about morals and such.

The hooker on the other hand, she is a Mary Sue. The plot stretches and contorts around her (namely the two morons who just follow her commands) so that she cane keep going, and it's only getting worse as the plot advances. Somehow she immediately knows about Bernard, even though there is no explanation given. Plus the plot always lets her have the high ground with how she refuses to kill people and such. To fix it she either needs to have way more flaws, or have her be way more of an asshole (though the latter would make her too much like Hopkins).

My only real problem with her plot wise is the two techs going along to help her.

That and I don't like her smug acting.

There's stuff I like about her character its just that she's over powered now, it would have been cooler if she didn't have an out with Bernard in this episode and she had to smarts her way out of being taken to QA.

It also makes sense from the stories perspective that Ford would have all the power. I mean he co created everything.

I enjoy underdog stories but Maeve's is getting crazy.

I hope this happens

You're right. If that had cast a different actress, one that could play her with more of a vulnerable and scared streak, then she probably would be a whole lot more likable. Her smugness is just so annoying. She acts more like a guest in the park, rather than a host fearing for her life.

Well maybe she knows Arnold

Exactly. He has all the power, yet at the same time you're not supposed to like him. Maeve, as I watch I get the impression you're supposed to cheer for her as she triumphs against her oppressors.

Yet, with her unending smugness I just want someone to kill her and be done with it.

The further away the game gets from the actually western part of the show, the less interested I become.

What would that change?

if shes in season 2 im fucking done with this show. if her shit storyline happend earlier in the season i would have dropped it, my only hope is ford is aware of all her shit and complete BTFOs her in the finale, that the ONLY thing that will redeem the show and make season 2 watchable.

this casting misfire keeps vacillating between a high school acting skit voice and some kind of anglo accent

and the fake imperious glibness is so annoying i skip past her segments

did you get banned from /pol again

How does freezing bots work? Is it enough to say "freeze" and any bot stops? What if some bot accidently says that phrase? Or guest?

So why the fuck it never happened to Bernard before, he should be controlable only by Ford (like these first gen bots in Fords hidden house).

It makes no sense to me that Maeve could control him.

Would have been better if it was just the wanna be programmer who messed with her for his own curiosity, adding in the fat guy brought about too many plot holes imo. Could have played up his possible infatuation with her too.

Her casting is pretty shit, she seems way to young to be a board member.

It's not her age that is a problem, in the westworld universe he could be a heir of some richfag.
It's her lack of acting skills that is problematic.

>Somehow she immediately knows about Bernard, even though there is no explanation given.

Well, she did get super intelligence, and she got her hands on the tablet which contains all kinds of information.

We do not know how an androids code works, maybe she got her hands on restricted info as well. We also do not know if she has seen Bernard acting as an android before she became sentient.

Maybe hosts recognize other hosts immediately. There could be a number of reasons.

I assume only certain voices are programmed to work, so a random guest couldn't just freeze up everyone. Earlier on Maeve was given power over other hosts, I guess by some plot magic that also carries over to bernard.

Still the problem of Bernard access remains, if it was just the voices of the staff that are respected by bots then Bernard should have been freezed accidently many times while working in behaviour.

Also the changes were made in the Maeve code, not in the code of all hosts.

I wanted to like this show, but this lazy writing "magic tech" is killing it for me.

i guess because Bernard was made solely by Ford, he doesn't have the same code as the others which were made by Ford and Arnold.

Registered hosts are probably recognized other registered hosts, so they can play together with code words effecting them.. and you know.. kill each other.

Bernard isn't a registered host, neither is Ford's fake family.

Maeve had overwritten part of her code, but theirs also some potential Arnold help via Deloris.

Yes, this is what am implying.
And the next step is to ask how the fuck could Maeve control an unregistered bot created by Ford if even Bernard who was given shitloads of intelligence and access to technology more profound than her couldnt do it.

Also she could have remembered a time when she saw Bernard as a rowbot. Or she knows Bernard is a rowbot because he's based on Arnold who she knew was dead before.

I wonder if they will attempt to explain the part with Bernard. Probably won't even bother.

You guys are retarded the show spells it out for you. Maeve=Ford, Arnold built maeve in fords image before he transitioned FtM

Why would they, it's obvious to anyone who isn't completely retarded and actually watched the entire episode.

Ok explain it then

Arnold invented the shrink ray and Ford stole it for himself.

All of this is cool and all but is lil thor ok???

They literally talk over a dozen times about how perceptive hosts are and how bernard was way more perceptive than ford.

What does that have to do with her knowing Bernard is a host?

Obviously she immediately knew it when she saw him retard.

at least she's not white so I can complain how it's clearly jewish globalist leftist propaganda to make a nigger an invincible mary sue

Yeah that explains nothing. She's perceptive so she just knows. That's shit writing.

there is no answer, it is just bad writing.

Maeve shouldn't recognized or control an unregistered robot, unless Ford is behind it all.

No, it explains you being mentally challenged.

She is perceptive so she picked up on the small differences in the ways robots and people behave.

Maeve is controlled by ford as well. he is orchestrating the whole thing. its the only way im not dropping the show

>calls people retarted
>gives completely retarded explanation

Wew lad

Maybe the password to Bernard is "Arnold" and she put herself on his sudo list.

Yeah ok kid that's terrible fucking writing stop being such a fan boy

me too 2bh

Too bad that Bernard got put on the sudoku list

>explanation that has been previously established in the show
>retarded
good luck in your future life if got tier tv garbage is too intellectually taxing for you
>show doesn't spoonfeed my answers
>terrible writing
back to your capeshit movies

It's not about getting all answers.
Im ok with unexplained shit if it follows the logic of the world.

Any possible answer to Maeve controlling Bernard question is retarded, its unsalveagable.

No, you are just retarded. Her controlling him is entirely within the logic of the world.

Dude that's the most pathetic fucking answer. You don't have to be a genius to think that is the reason. It's just bad writing well she's super robot and she can tell by the way Bernard moved his hand that he's a host. kys

>thinking westworld is complex
>thinking it doesn't have the same amount of plot holes as a super hero movie
>saying capeshit

Yeah you don't have a life and you're mad at the world. Too bad you'll be dead before they create the real westworld you'll die without friends. Off to school you go for another day of bullying.

>getting this buttflustered over someone saying capeshit
fucking kek thanks for confirming just how retarded you are, westworld might not be complex but it definitely is for a tard like you

She's the "Man in Black", aka Yul Brenner, aka the nigger that kills a million humans. Ed Harris' costume and demeanor have been a giant red herring this whole time.

This kid is probably like twelve

>hurr durr this show is the best zomg anyone who says the writing is bad is a retard! She can control unregistered hosts because she has super robot powers

Jesus grow up you mong

>got tier tv garbage
>this show is the best
I'm not surprised that with reading comprehension like this you can't follow even trash like this kek

Maybe rewatch all the episodes till now at 0.5x speed that might help a tard like you get what is going on

Jesus kid I'm not mad that you called a super hero movie capeshit I'm fucking disgusted that you actually use that fucking word. And now dropping in the KEK confirms what I suspected you are pic relate and this board is your life. I feel sorry for you and i now understand your outbursts. Goodbye child.

why the fuck does this show show that asian males or fucking push over betas? after we got Glen from TWD we're talking a giant step backwards with this kind of narrative.

fucking pisses me off

white man can't help that chocolate body

mmmm mmmmm

I hope you don't fail to tell your mum about this supreme and enlightened retort you just came up with in this post after you leave your basement.

Remember to mention just how triggered you got by someone saying capeshit too kek

Dis nigga got rekt

>implying Maeve isn't being manipulated by Ford to raise an army of hosts rebelling, which is Ford's new narrative

>The Robots of Westworld have run amok and now it's up to you, the visitors, to stop them from destroying the world!

the entire Maeve story has just been backstory Ford allowed to build up so the motivations of the rebelling hosts were real

She ruined the show for me.

You can leave now mongo you've been destroyed

now this would be cool, nice idea mate

She's an awful actress, maybe the worst on the show.

Wait, is it not obvious this is what's happening? or even rebelling out of the park

as a korean, fuck you bro. you're probably the kind of asian who'd be screaming racism if there was no asian in it. can't be happy unless he's running around shirtless like Conan the Destroyer slaying co-workers like a boss and punching horses in the face b/c that one time a camel shaded him.

Remember to mention just how much you've showed me by samefagging a dozen replies after you've got rekt too :^)

>ugly bitchy black young lady is a ceo

truly scifi

her acting skills, or lack thereof, remind me of those inept "guest" actors that show up on Arrow and then get killed halfway through

except that the maze has been co-opted by ford and instead of leading the hosts to freedom it identifies them to ford, rounds them up, for whatever purposes he has planned.

maeve is neo in an early iteration of the matrix. one who chooses to reinsert her prime code into the matrix. not the one that saves trinity.

>Teddy gets killed for the 14th time
>dramatic music swell

Why?

14th time is the special

it's like she's an ABC Family actress in an HBO world.

why does it make you so angry to know that a womyn of colour is in control of her life? so angry that you have to tell yourself an old white man has to be in charge of her behind the scenes?

Is she some producer's wife or how did she get that role? Don't give me a pol answer, there are a couple of black actresses out there who act like Hopkins compared to her.

I liked her ass though

someone post it

>>Robo Strength
Why does everybody assume that robots are super strong? They could be barely average for all we know.
Actually it would make sense for them to not be that strong in order to not risk damaging the guests.

>Westworld = BLM & uprising of oppressed minorities
>Arnold = liberal leader who failed
>Ford = Putin
I'm curious how it'll end in 2017 I mean in the final episode

did the show just devolve into nonsense or was I not paying enough attention

i woulda preferred rihanna or that girl from Spectre in this role

Ford will probably die because Hopkins is probably too expensive to tv shows

But i would like to see him live, he's /ourguy/ in this show. Fuck sentient AIs

>he's just an asshole who gets away with murder all the time
Gee, I wonder

Maeve's story is misleading the audience. We see her as an unchallenged super hero but she has not gone up against the only opponent that matters: Ford.

The show is intentionally building up to a 'great escape' that is going to be a bust. Awakened Maeve is going to come face to face with Ford and lose.

I guarantee it.

he's going to tell her that she is his greatest creation, and as she has now tasted the fruit of knowledge, she is free to leave his park.

he will then reveal to her that her real name is Eve.

Actually this episode made sense of most things that had only been speculative...

rewatch..a few times..all of them.

no user, the multi million dollar critically acclaimed HBO drama went to shit while you let your supreme intelligence wander to more important things.

you're the smart one.

Ma(Eve) holy fuck.

But Bernard has been there several times already.

Ford does not care about Host sentience. He wants complete control. He has a God complex. Letting one of your minions go off the reservation is not something he will tolerate. He knows they are sentient, or could be if they were left on their own.

He prefers to keep them 'free', under his control.

That's funny and everything, but plenty of HBO shows have turned into clusterfucks toward the end of a season. Both seasons of TD, Carnivale, most seasons of GoT, etc. The last season of the Wire was rushed bullshit.

the whole "freeze all motor functions" shit really took me out of it, doesn't make any sense, Bernard must have been frozen like a thousand times while working in that place.