I just don't fucking get it

I just don't fucking get it.

I've watched Annie Hall, and Manhattan, and Midnight and Paris, and I wanted to kill myself twenty minutes into each one.

The dialogue is always decent, but it all seems like navel gazing jerk off bullshit to me. But I've been wrong before, and maybe I'm wrong now and I'm just missing something.

Am I a pleb, or is he really just shit and people pretend to like him?

You are literally a pleb

Some people legitimately like his movies.
Somepeople pretend to like his movies.
Some people don't like his movies.
Some people pretemnd they don't like his movies.

Protip: this is true of pretty much all famous directors.

>this is true of pretty much all famous directors.

And about everything else in life in general also.

Just try to drop that wtf-i-don't-like-this-so-everyone-else-pretends-to-like-this -thinking.

By your 'reasoning' you are definitely a dumb pleb.

unless you like Jewish American humour you'll hate Woody Allen

You're not a pleb. Woody Allen is just a pretender with nothing to say, like Godard.

Purple Rose of Cairo is okay though.

Nostalgia is a huge problem. Every pop musician promotes it shamelessly when it does nothing but lead to nihilism for the followers. I'm glad this guy tackles the issues he does.

I really like woody allen movies that don't have woody allen in them.

Super quippy, all his movies are about infidelity turning inti enlightenment. It isnt a bad premise but, he does it in this smug manner that shows how bigoted he is, when really hes trying to justify, that its ok to fuck over people in the name of self interest and domination. Ie child bride.

He pumps out a movie a year, that should be all you need to know.

He's just American critics' OUR GUY who mimicked European arthouse well enough to please the Europeans.

that and bullets over broadway are great IMO
midnight in paris was cute

He makes movies about Jews being Jews and how succesful Jews are.

TL;DR: Hitler was right.

>The dialogue is always decent, but it all seems like navel gazing jerk off bullshit to me.
But this is what people nominate for oscar awards so that's all that matter.

The lack of responses to this decent bait clearly demonstrates how far Sup Forums has fallen. No one browsing right now has even seen these films.

As you for you OP, if the concept of "plebeian" existed? Yes, you would be defined as such, but alas it does not.

>Am I a pleb, or is he really just shit and people pretend to like him
If you're really this dumb, then you just answered your own question.

only women and nu-males like his movies

You're an idiot.

>Haha! Nobody could dislike the films of Woody Allen! This must be bait.
mhm, whatever you say (((user)))

you have to be a neurotic self-hating jew to understand the constant level of ennui his films try to get across, try molesting some kids and see if you can get there, worked for him

The fact you think that this bait is "decent" and is worth replying to clearly demonstrates that you're a faggot

>navel gazing jerk off bullshit

well, this is accurate

go to burger king, get a whopper
go to america, get shot
go to a whorehouse, get laid
go to an allen konigsberg movie, get fondled by a pedo

I've seen Annie Hall and Manhattan. I thought Annie Hall started promising with its quirky humor, but then it turned into a shitty relationship drama.

Manhattan had the interesting idea of a 40-something guy dating a 17 year old, but it's just more shitty relationship drama and some random namedropping of Bergman, Tolstoy and other high culture persons to make people know he's an """intellectual""".

I fucking hate Annie Hall and Diane Keaton's Charlie Chaplin suits.

>not watching Allen for the waifus

He is literally /ourguy/down to the pedo life

I like his older movies, the ones since the 90s seem to be done with lower effort and the actors even though I know them better just seem lackluster, but I think it's mostly the writing that just sucks

Husbands and Wives, Interiors, and Hannah and Her Sisters are objectively his best films

Interiors is good.
Have you seen Autumn Sonata?

found the nu-male

I've never liked him, and i've never understood why people do.
All the movies he's written and starred in have been boring as shit.
I always figured he was one of those actors that only old people enjoy, like Robert Duvall

I always love when he's ripping on psychotherapy in his comedies, it's always hilarious.

no you're right he is a navel gazing jerk

I like his early funny ones

>navel gazing jerk off bullshit
that appeals to some people

cf. wes anderson and christopher nolan

He's funny sometimes.
When he isn't funny he is either goofy or trying to communicate some shallow message about his love life.

Jerk off bullshit is his style and personality. It's self-referential. For something more grounded try "Bananas" or "Sleeper."

pleb.

nobody fucking cares about "muh cinematic" shots especially in a badly acted, written and directed shitpiece like cafe society

Go on asharperfocus.com and read the essays on the three movies you mentioned. Annie Hall is a much more nuanced film than you probably think

Hey guys, I'm trying to remember the name of a movie by Woody Allen. It's about a neurotic guy that has a relationship with a quirky girl. The soundtrack is filled with jazz music. Does anyone know?

Nothing special here.

>I've watched Annie Hall, and Manhattan, and Midnight and Paris

You watched his most popular ones, but not his best ones (Purple Rose of Cairo and Broadway Danny Rose)

Idiot. Woody Allen was around and famous before your sorry little concept.

I cant even watch 10 min of Annie Hall first watch
But I really like it the 2nd watch maybe this jew just aint for u bro

That's what my sister says

Sup Forums doesn't have a taste for Woody Allen movies but creams itself over idiotic TV shows.

What a surprise.

This. He's the postwar Marx Brothers. Kikes and kike sycophants eat his shit up like catnip because OMG HE'S SO WITTY while goyim struggle to figure out what the hell makes him so great, and I think both are pretty hilarious myself desu senpai

>I am an idiot therefore must everybody else be.

Go fuck yourself retard

what's the name of his movie about an old guy marrying his retarded step-daughter who he has been grooming as a sex slave since she was 5?

the jews

it's pretentious navel gazing garbage even if there is a high level of nuanced detail

just because a work of art is incredibly complex doesn't mean it's any good.