Films that fucked you up

>Threads
>Spent the next 3 days stuck in its horror
>Still gives me the heebie jeebies

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threads
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I should really watch this movie shouldnt I?

>Requiem for a Dram

Then again, I was 14 when I watched it.

Sansho the Bailiff, a 1950's Japanese historical drama that I thought would be boring.

It turned out to be some devastating kino about sacrifice and suffering.

watched this on tv home alone when i was 9

threads
threads, lol
threads spooky lol
post about threads on Sup Forums television and film board
threads
threads
threads lol
have seen threads
threads

>watched Superman 3 as a child
>this scene comes up
>got really scared whenever there's some wires tangling afraid it will suck me in

Not sure. It's highly praised on Sup Forums which is also where they like walking dead, cape shit and big brother.

If you want to be scared of nuclear war

If you want to shit your pants. This isn't fun post-apocalyptic shit like fallout or Mad Max. This is genuinely horrifying.

What did he mean by this?

This fucks me up every time. I've developed a phobia of people coming to my house and asking me for shit.

Threads seems great but I can't find a good copy of it so I haven't watched it

Funny, I rewatched Threads the other day.

Literally the only movie that has ever scared me beyond cheap jumpthrills.

this (I was 21)

Blindness

Is it really that scary, and how?

Nuclear war shit is so overdone that I can't imagine being scared of it. Still I'm looking for this now.

I'm sorry I couldn't get past the horrible editing, awful Nevada nuclear test footage, boring third act and unrealistic "we're in a medieval-like world now" ending to enjoy it.
I'm sure fedora tippers here find it awesome though.

Fuck yes. As a kid I didn't mind the slapstick nature of the movie. I thought it was funny. Then in the middle of an already unnerving showdown where even the comic relief is crapping himself this happens. Nightmare fuel.

>Is it really that scary, and how?
Because its not a traditional narrative. Its more like a documentary that tries to feel like non fiction.

>unrealistic "we're in a medieval-like world now"
You're right. Things would probably be fine after global thermonuclear war.

It's the complete opposite of cape shit and TWD. You should feel bad for even comparing them.

Its not cheap mutants and explosions. Its more the horror of societal decomposition and surviving as a civilian in a post nuclear war world. It shows you the outcome of a nuclear winter, technological collapse, the difficulties of farming etc.

Because its very very realistic, lots of small details about the properly horrible things that would happen. You come away feeling it would be better to die straight away.

t. ebin troll

>"Hey user, come out and watch this movie with us tonight!"
>"Sure I'm not doing anything else"

>mfw I lived in a neighborhood where the criminals were just nine or ten brain cells away from doing this type of shit

That was a long fucking drive home, Najee.

After 3 gigatons of nukes detonated all over the northern hemisphere there wouldn't be any life left.

But let's assume mankind survived, besides fried electronics there is no reason to portray post-war Britain as a medieval society. That's just Fallout tier storytelling.

It wanted to be realistic, but it failed in the only thing that mattered: the post-war world.

t. retard

What's the name of the movie.

What do you think would happen if humanity survived. We're talking about the survivng generation having zero education and infrastructure. At the very least it would look like Somalia.

>In Medieval Japan a compassionate governor is sent into exile. His wife and children try to join him, but are separated, and the children grow up amid suffering and oppression.
lolololol, who watches this crap?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threads

>Threads is a 1984 British television drama jointly produced by the BBC, Nine Network and Western-World Television Inc.

>dat last scene
d a m n

so did she miscarry or what

>We're talking about the survivng generation having zero education
Excuse me but how? The people who survived are the people who lived before the nuclear war.
>and infrastructure.
This is a catch 22. If all the major cities in Britain were nuked, no one, literally no one, would survive. The concentration of radioactive fallout would be too much for everyone. Britain would be just dead.
So given that there are survivors, there must be infrastructures left that can sustain a small population like it's shown in the end.

You gotta remember this movie, along with The Day After, is anti-war propaganda that was made in one of the tensest moments of the Cold War. Everything is exaggerated for dramatic effect. Like the mice in the ending.

How the fuck was there still a government after all that shit? Why were there soldiers? Why did people still do shit?

The baby came out severely deformed

I kinda agree with you on the test footage, I think I've been spoiled by modern visual effects though, but it did seem a bit spliced and was hard to correlate the clips as one

>no modern CGI so the movie is shit
don't forget to hang yourself buddy

Check. There wouldn't be any survivors.
It's said in the movie that 250 megatons of nukes in total (I think) were dropped all over Britain. That's 5 times the power of a Tsar bomb and over 16 times the power of Castle Bravo.

Miscarriage and the child was probably deformed/mutated.

I watched The War Game last night and found out the english have a tremendous sense of humor

Threads is overrated in the terror aspect though, for me it's the emotional suffering of the "protagonists" that's far more grating than a cat dying in nuclear wind.

TROLLED XD

The Day After had better effects and came out the year before.

I was under the impression the film depicted a limited nuclear exchange.

Johnny Got His Gun

I hate this movie
I physically cannot bring myself to rewatch it, it is just such an utterly miserable experience

It fucked me up proper. I tried watching it a few times but turned it off because of the shitty quality. You know like those movies where afterwards you text woever your know DUDE YOU SHOULD WATCH ___? Knowing that they won't but at least you tried?

Aye like that.

I also heard that at the last scene the guy next to her when she was giving birth was actually her father, is that true?

>that hospital scene

There was the skeleton of...a cat. A cat's skeleton.

So bleak, mang

THIS

I remember as a kid seeing a bit of a movie on tv where a gardener or something was killed by another guy with a rake, it was really brutal, and afterwards he just puts on his glasses and calls someone all calmly.

Anyone know which move this is?

details pl0x

Doesn't look like it.

>he was my brother

Fucking waterworks every time

Pussy

really fires up them neurons

>read wikipedia article on it
>NOPE NOPE NOPE

it's best described as the sound of necrotic flesh falling off and making the most terrible flop sound

Threads
Jacob's Ladder
Johnny Got His Gun (really really fucked me up)

>no, boner, stop it

To this day I still think its ridiculous that an anime film could send me into a three day depression.

People who don't watch superhero movies., you might have heard of them.

I literally couldn't sleep after seeing. Extremely powerful stuff.

I don't even dare watch it seeing how awful it sounds from the description.

Ayyyy lmao reporting in

...is there an updated version for 2016-2017?

It's not ridiculous if you're a mentally incompetent manchild.

>Johnny Got His Gun
NOPENOPENOPENOPE

Bad boy Bubby, maybe because i was pretty young back then
More recently, Happiness

Yes.

DARKNESS

why cuban missile crisis didn't bring it down to almost 0?

Gruz 200

Because they only update the clock once a year, and by the end of that year conditions had improved.

noone got this? Will I spend the rest of my days on earth not knowing what kind of shitty flick fucked my shit up pham

IMPRISONING ME

ayyyyy

I don't want to watch this, just reading the wikipedia page makes me nope.

Yeah, it's terrifying. It's BW so that kinda adds to the impression.
Bergotten is also fucked up in the same way, and I forgot Palms (Лaдoнь).
Films like Grave of the Fireflies or Come and See are also terrifying but not in the same way.

The Grifter

:DDDDD

>When the medics walk away
>And they don't come back

The wikipedia article has the summary, not the plot premise. Did you spoil yourself before deciding not to watch it?

I would only agree that a symbolic clock is as nourishing to the intellect as photograph of oxygen to a drowning man.

The Avengers when Tony Spark gets hit in the heart

We are all going to die horribly.

Threads is a really good choice.

If you're into Russians being russians, Green Elephant is a good choice.

>Lilya 4-Ever
>Stroszek
>Fires on the Plain '59
>Shame '68
>Oslo, August 31st
>A Short Film About Killing
>The Dying Rooms

hello 90s babby

I wasn't scared of horrors or scary shit, but Westworld trigged panic attacks for me. Don't know why.

;_;

T B H
B
H

What is it about British nuke-kino?

no film has fucked me up (yet) but that cartel snuff video of that man with his face skinned and his eyes cut out with no hands got my brain clicking for a few days, and I still think about it every now and then.

I've watched countless gore shit, but that just did something to me. I will never listen to funky town the same way

The 90s were the shit. Expecially if you were born in the early years. Everything was awesome back then. Greatest decade ever.

Hearts and minds, when the US general guy goes on about how life's cheap in the Orient and it's intercut with a kid and wife having to be pulled out of their husbands grave while his coffin is being lowered. Wtf man

The Grifter

The Tin Drum. I am a little bit less alive since i saw it