Holy shit why did nobody ever tell me this was a 10/10?

Holy shit why did nobody ever tell me this was a 10/10?

It's not

didn't want to lie to you mate

Cuz it isn't
Is a 8/10 at least (stll a good record)
TDAG and Science Fiction are better

I know, right? The choruses in this album are very anthemic, like celestial souls creating a shield to block the heartless deities from destroying the world.

Ocean Man speaks the truth. But he still can not reveal the words of the Golden Eel.

Holy shit get out of my thread namefags

Second worst of their albums. But it's decent, second half is entirely disposable.

Just listen to the next album.
Daisy is better too you pleb fucking faggot.

>Not realising Daisy is a 7/10

Kill yourself.

I've been saying that here for a while. I thought I was the only person who liked it more than TDAG.

Are you a fucking faggot.

I respect opinions, but this is an exception, if anyone thinks that what came after Deja is worse by any means you're a pleb.

I'm not a faggot, and you don't respect opinions. I think liking Deja the best is perfectly valid.

Nigga he only said that Deja was BETTER FOR HIM rather TDAG, he never said TDAG, Daisy and SF are worse/shit

10/10 at having a terrible cover

You know I like it more than I used to but I can't stand Daisy fans thinking they're #Woke for liking it when it sincerely has some of their worst songs and never once rises to the levels of "I Will Play My Game", "In the Water", "Limousine", "Luca", or "Jesus". It's the definition of a Fits'n'Starts record.

>I think liking Deja the best is perfectly valid.
Fuck no. It's fucking emo pop punk
Yeah and I called him a faggot for it.
I thought the cover was cool

It's not as pop punk as their first album. When I think of emo pop punk, I think of Jimmy Eat World. It's a step above that.

>it's emo pop punk
That's your reasoning? Your only reasoning? That's as stupid as somebody dogging on Daisy because, "It's screamo fag trash."

Tell me what "worst" songs, because I bet you are wrong. Daisy is fucking amazing.
Vices is the best album opener. Nothing fucking comes close to it. I actually feel like the band took a stepback with Science Fiction (not saying that record is bad), Daisy feels much more interesting and raw.

Also, "I Will Play My Game" is overrated, I don't see what people like about it. Easily one of my least liked songs from Deja
Pop-Punk is thrash by default.

But all right, if you want more reasoning for Deja not living up to what came after, it's the lyricism, it is the rather unniteresting musicality of the record, the lack of mutarity.
And then the album being mostly boring, songs like Jaws Theme are fucking utterly dull and have nothing to offer. It is utterly forgettable for the most part.

Bed has some of the cringiest lyrics they've ever written
>the champ goes down like a clown in the second round
I still like Daisy more than Deja tho

Jaws Theme Swimming is actually my favorite song by them.

Y’OCEAN MAN

"Gasoline" has trash lyrics and never effectively progresses beyond its constraints despite forcing a melody down our throats. I also think "Bought a Bride" continues this trend. Half of the songs have good bits but are drowned out by the horrid misuse of dynamic shifts and lack of catharsis from point A to B.

I'll agree with you that "Vices" is their strongest opener. And "At the Bottom" is also solid. I like the album. But it is obnoxiously, frustratingly inconsistent. Part of that might be Jesse handing the reigns over. Part of it might be them trying to be more musically eclectic. But at the end of the album I'm always left feeling like I was subject to a vague mess without good direction or inspiration. If it was a brutal cacophany the whole way through, that might work. But, like I said, Fits'n'Starts.

>shits on Deja's lyricism
>likes Daisy
What the fuck.

>Bed has some of the cringiest lyrics they've ever written
I don't see that lyric as cringey. considering what Deja gave us.
>DIE YOUNG AND SAVE YOURSELF!111
>WATCH ME AS I CUT MYSELF WIDE OPEN ON THIS STAGE
>UR THE BLOOD IN MY VEINS
>Entirety of "Okay I Believe You.."
I dunno man, I personally feel like that Deja is the one with a consitency problem, the album just gets fucking boring after the first half. I love the mood swings, I love how Vices is followed-up by Bed.
And I actually absolutely love Gasoline, it's a banger.
One song that feels kinda disposable out of Daisy may be "Be Gone" that one just doesn't work.
Lol look above. Deja has some of the most overrated lyrics.

You really think those are cringier than Bed? They're not cringey at all.

I find them beyond cringey, especially shit like "Okay I Believe You", entirety of Deja feels kind of cringey, its entire mood and attitude gives me that vibe.

Deja's lyrics - like Trent Reznor's - always feel sincere because of their focus and delivery. Even something as cliche as cutting oneself wide open resonates because of the specific imagery Jesse incorporates and how he delivers that line. "Clever" or "complicated" poetry will always be overrated, and it's why people like Neil Peart will never be as interesting as people like Roger Waters. Waters is an emotional, direct, "obvious" lyricist whose message resonates because - despite his conceptual habit of taking on high concepts like a pretentious asshole - his words relate to things that we can all picture and connect with.

There are universal words throughout Deja Entendu. But on Daisy it gets caught up in wordplay or darker parallels that offer nothing in the way of emotional insight. "You Stole" is the best example of lyricism on the album, and even it has the problem of being lyrically muddled with other songs with similar lyrics on the same album. It's not even a concept album, so that feels weird.

I just have a lot of problems with that album lyrically and musically. Deja goes through a lot of emotions. Devil and God fixates on depression and anger and sin. Science Fiction is a dreary introspective treatise. But Daisy is kind of a mess.

Well ok, I'll be the bigger and better man here and say I respect your opinion and leave it at that.

Daisy is their best

Then it's Devil and God/Science Fiction

Then it's fight Off yr Demons untitled tracks

Then it's all their live footage

THEN it's Deja Entendu

then it's your shiity old favorite weapon

Just save your time and listen to pic related, BAYSIDE are the better pop punk emo band

Hey man, I absolutely adore Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails, lyrics as well and his approach towards them. But there is something very off about Deja, I wish I could offer better explaination, maybe it's simple as that I can't relate to Lacey on Deja, but I can to Trent on no matter what album, I started relating to Lacey when TDAG. I guess it's a shallow explaination, I just don't believe in Lacey that much as I do in TDAG, or maybe I don't feel like the problems he talks about in Deja are that bad for me to take them seriously. Or maybe I just don't get those.
(also to add in, I am a huge Roger Waters fan as well)

I agree with Daisy being muddled, very vauge strange lyric writting, but I actually love that, it makes the protagonist of these song feel that more unstable. As if the signer is absolutely off his head, out of control, as if he is trying to inform the others about his suffering and problems, but thanks to his instability, this crazy shit comes out. I think it's supposed to be a mess.

Hey, I was being asshole because I am on Sup Forums and I was shit-posting.
You liking Deja as your favorite record, is absolutely fine with me.

IMO Daisy, The Devil and God, and Science Fiction are the only really great Brand New albums. They had to develop away from that shitty scene sound.

It's honestly a shame they got caught up in all this sexual harassment stuff.

I've only really been into girls around my own age, but when I was 22-ish, I would mutually masturbate with any half-attractive girls on omegle; I assumed they were legal, but a couple of them were so young that idk... I know for a fact at least one was only 17.

>It's honestly a shame they got caught up in all this sexual harassment stuff.
People will stop caring, people seem to be forgetting about it alreadly.

>fails to mention Noro
Sink is a banger btw and title track is very nice

Is it just me or does anyone else get a Fahrenheit 451-esque vibe from this album? Tautou reminds me of when Montag is introduced as a fireman, mainly because of the desperate atmosphere of the lyrics along with the "burning like a bridge" imagery. Then Sic Transit Gloria is like when Montag sees Mildred sleeping, nearly overdosed on sleeping pills and listening to her Seashell. It represents their floundering, dysfunctional relationship which also reveals itself in "The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot", especially in the line "It's cold as a tomb, and it's dark in your room, when I sneak to your bed, to pour salt in your wound." Also, Guernica could be the epic brawl between Montag and his boss, Beatty, especially in the final part where the song becomes more hectic. Then "If I Ever Need Attention..." could be the final chase scene where Montag escapes his city to avoid being killed himself. Finally, "Play Crack the Sky" retells the fleeting relationship of Mildred and Montag, as he managed to escape the "ship" while she perished.

I definitely see where you're coming from. Deja is about making girls panicm with his gooey words and growing pains. I just connect with that stuff despite it not relating to me personally, and it's all the delivery and whatnot.

Eh it's banter. We all do it. It's cool dog.

I don't think people SHOULD just forget about it, because it's screwed up, but I don't think he's a predator or anything. It's just something that people don't like talking about because of the atmosphere surrounding sexual solicitation right now.

It's good but it has aged quite a bit

>Eh it's banter. We all do it. It's cool dog.
Yeah, I know, but once I noticed that there is actually a possibility for a good discusion I just dropped that.
>Deja is about making girls panicm with his gooey words and growing pains.
Yeah, I just can't connect myself to that stuff, nor do I really care for it. I wish I could look past it, but I don't think that Deja is that interesting musicality for it being that easy. I also really dislike vocals in Deja for some reason.

>I also really dislike vocals in Deja for some reason
Probably because there's lots of moaning and no grit? He's got the archetypal emo voice on that album.