What does Sup Forums think of Mr. Sakamoto?

What does Sup Forums think of Mr. Sakamoto?
I've only heard Beauty, Thousand Knives, and async. Honestly couldn't pick the best out of the three (although I'm not a fan of the track "A Rose" off Beauty). Which of his albums am I most missing out on? What's your favorite from him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SdIoUeyR1_E
youtube.com/watch?v=S9-WovmhAbo
youtube.com/watch?v=50J5J4PDetY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

merry christmas mr lawrence

listen to his albums with alva noto

absolutely this

B-2 Unit

This.

listen to 1996

bump

Riot in Lagos is one of the greatest electronic songs ever. Fucking blows my mind. What do you think about the album Technodelic by YMO? I think it's their masterpiece and it's one of my favorite albums of all time.

What about BGM? I went back and forth about whether I liked Technodelic or BGM better (was making a list of favorite albums by year), and BGM ended up winning by a hair.
..although I prefer Sakamoto's OG 1000 Knives on his debut.

Why does every song on B-2 Unit feel like it ends at the halfway point?

I liked BGM but I don't know, it just didn't have as much of an impact as Technodelic did. I haven't listened to in a while though, so I'll do that soon. But Technodelic's name really fits. Like a weird Can- Kraftwerk-Beatles love child. I love the unconventionally catchy melodies and it's also amazing that it was one of the first albums ever to be incorporated of mostly loops and samples.

Yeah, I've heard other people say that, and I kinda agree.. But, I still really love it. For me , The standouts are Riot in Lagos and Thatness and Thereness

Fuck this is a longshot but does anyone have a Zippy or Mega of B-2 Unit?

It's in the archive but the only version is corrupt and the tracks skip.

Now this is getting confusing. I found a different FLAC version and all of the songs cut off at the 2:06 mark.

Does a digital full version of B-2 Unit literally not exist?

I literally have the same exact issue. soulseek I think was the only place that had it in it's entirety

Well that's fucked. if any user wants to be a great person for me and for the newly refurbished Sup Forums archive you can download the unfucked B-2 Unit from Soulseek and post it on Zippyshare or MEGA for everyone.

Is Thousand Knives accepted to be better than Solid State Survivor yet because it is

hell yeah. great movie and great soundtrack

Pretty much anything he has done with David Sylvian is worth a listen, as is Field Work.
youtube.com/watch?v=SdIoUeyR1_E
youtube.com/watch?v=S9-WovmhAbo

this is great too
youtube.com/watch?v=50J5J4PDetY

bgm is definitely better

Only one bump

this
insen is one of my favorite albums ever

I forgot what album it was from, but he had a piano piece where he played minimally and then the audio got more and more bitcrushed over a period of time. it was a very interesting track and it made me want to toy around with it as well. he's definitely been an influence on my approach to music.

Sounds like Andata to me. Great track.

I'll have to check that out, but I found the one I was thinking of: nokiartek-pf01 and -pf10 from year book 2005-2015

hes bretty good

Alva Noto collabs are pretty special. Particularly vrioon.