What does the average helmsman on the Enterprise think about?

What does the average helmsman on the Enterprise think about?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6b8jsrDl89M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>holodeck time coming up awe yis

We had an entire episode about this.

big black cock

Was it the episode Something Deck?

Why does the enterprise even need a helmsman? The Captain can just order the computer to plot a course.

exposure to command and diplomacy without taking an active role

The computer is easily hacked, can go haywire at any moment from anything as simple as the fucking holodeck malfunctioning. Do you really want to place your life and the lives of hundreds of officers and civilians in the hands of the spaceship equivalent of Siri?

>i'm stuck at a job a blind guy and a 15-year-old could perform

user between data and the ships computer starfleet is obsolete. Hell most episodes are resolved by asking the computer the right questions, then telling it to do exactly what it just suggested.

data will be obsolete in the new order.

Lower Decks. And episode dedicated to 4 low tier crewmen.

Except that's wrong. An army of Datas would BTFO an army of Borg.

Yeah. Thanks, user. I keep trying to catch that ep on tv but nothing yet. I'm watching The Enemy, The Defector, and Deja Q right now.

All great episodes. Season 3 and 4 were pretty comfy.

>boy I sure hope an omnipotent space god doesn't kill me for fun today

Jarok is such a smug and smooth fucker. And Bochra is a bit of a sweetheart. Romulan eps are kind of comfy.

You could tell that most of the Romulans wanted to be friends with the Federation and stuff, but they couldn't get past their shady greasy ways.

They're the tsunderes of TNG.

"B-Baka! It's not like I wanted you to enter my Neutral Zone!"

This.

why the fuck dont borg personal force fields work against rough housing?

Hoping the commander does his stretching pose at her station so she can learn about sexual organs.

because they are ray shields, meaning only energy weapons are deflected. Data can just snap their necks like twigs.

Thanks for the laugh, user. I hope you have a great day.

>wish i was fucking captain. fucking boring ass picard talking to this ugly alien fuck about a trade deal or some shit. more like captain shitcard haha. if i were captain i'd blast this fucko away and take troi as my wife

Oh, what's that sir? Yes, the docking bay is prepped.

Same old same old.

Honestly the most forgettable episode of the entire series desu

It's a crime she never got nude. A serious crime.

Agreed.

How many helmsen ended up dying? I can remember two off hand. One killed by floating Space Face. Another ended up dead in the De-Evolutin episode. Had his face slashed.

TNG avoided "Red shirts" because it was a cliche. Voyager is the one that brought it back.

why couldn't 24th century medicine cure Riker's bad back problem?

He refused the treatment so he'd have an excuse to show off his junk.

>user between data and the ships computer starfleet is obsolete
The ship's computer cannot:

>Negotiate other races joining the Federation
They always want to meet in-person
>Make decisions outside the rules
Remember the time Sisko, Quark, Jake and Nog went to the Gamma Quadrant and the adults were captured? The computer was a rules lawyer and the kids would have died in space if someone didn't come to rescue them because of it
>Fix itself during a power cut or failure (EMP, crazy plasma storms, wthaever)
A computer failure would be a game over scenario, the ship would have to be programmed to self-destruct in this eventuality of some random nobody gets your best Starship
>Enjoy exploring the stars
Humans want to be out exploring space, or they would just automate it all.

Odo's dad is such a recognisable actor but someone he's great and a unique character in every role. The Defector is probably my favourite too.

I wouldn't say The Defector is my favorite because of the bittersweet ending. But it's a good episode to watch.

>Jesus Christ I hope I don't end up like that black helmsman negilam lobotomized

They think this every second of every day.

They let Wesley drive because all the actual helmsmen were in therapy

It's a far better way to die than being drowned in Armus' black goo

She deserved it if only for the just say no speech from season 1

Nobody drowned in the goo, Riker was sucked in but he survived, Yarr was just thrown by an energy discharge of some kind that left a mark on her face too iirc.

>We take The Captain's Yacht, we rendezvous with The Enterprise, we go in, take care of O'Brien - "Hand over the Azn, Potatoboy" - then we grab Keiko, we go over to Ten Forward, hole up, have a cup of synthale and wait for this whole thing to blow over.

Quarks or Ten Forward? Which one has a better Terran 1980s Night?

>Ten Forward
Quiet
Free everything
Good company
El'Aurian bartender knows what you want to drink and will help you with your personal problems

>Quarks
Shouts of "Dabo!" every 10 seconds
You pay for everything with your Latinum stipend
Ferengi bartender knows how much money you have and will adjust his prices accordingly, possibly have someone rob you too

such decisions

I don't know if this is the same guy every time, but it's good

Yeah, but at Quark's Morn sometimes DJs. That shit is fire.

>Ten Forward
>Quiet

Guinan is always blabbing about some space negro shit every time you want a beer

And sometimes he lets Bajoran shitheads play 3 hour long sessions of slow flute music.

I'd rather be dead.

Im thinking about a CD in a reststop somewhere that is just Bajoran pan flute music and it just has Kira with a poncho on the cover. Over 90 hours of samey flute crap on 2 CDs!

So why didnt the Fed downgrade to firearms against them? Pretty sure they could replicate a few hundreds rifles in a pinch

youtube.com/watch?v=6b8jsrDl89M

I just realized i'd never watched the scene that the seat belt GIF is from.

Damn that's a good point.

Picard_tommy_gun_Dixon_Hill.gif

"even holographic bullets can kill"
So since the borg shields work only against energy weapons and bullets are just holograms......

'member the TR-116 rifle....I 'member

eventually i came to hate seeing this dude. fucker played every alien race and then some. i think he was even future alexander at some point. either the producers had a boner for this one actor or he just lived close to the studio or something

Holographic bullets aren't really energy weapons though. They're force-fields, all the computer has to do is generate a force-field which is stronger than the Borg's personal forcefield generator and it can blast through it and put a hole in them.

>Holographic bullets aren't really energy weapons though. They're force-fields
that's pretty stupid of you to say user

the idea doesnt necessarily work anyway.
worf makes a shitty force field in the old west simulation.

>Your ship is impressive Commander, but not as impressive as the array of features on the new Lexus SC400

An energy weapon is a weapon that directs a burst of energy at something to disable or kill it.

A force field is a wall made out of energy, it is not a weapon.

That was really stupid of you not to figure out user.

kek wasn't that the rifle that used transports or warp or something to shoot between levels and walls?

Yeah, it had a micro transporter on it. That apparently wasn't an original part of the design, though.

Ye Gods that was a shit episode.

>Why do they put explosives in the consoles?
>Why don't we have seatbelts

Yeah it beams the bullet out the chamber and puts it a few inches in front of the target, the the goggles let you see through walls.

No idea why they allowed you to have them, they're obviously a gross violation of everyone's privacy.

*great episode

Okay now I definitely remember that one. Ezri had to call upon her dark and hidden serial killer past host to find the real shooter, right?

>why the fuck are we always time traveling

I think this is entirely accurate.
What is troubling about trek is that there seems to have been some sort of severe temporal lapse around the 21st century. No one has heard of seat belts or Ralph Nader. This temporal flux must have been caused by some sort of tachyon inversion. Like letting air out of a balloon.

They are thinking about sexual organs

you think thats bad? trois mom reads peoples minds casually

>What does the average helmsman on the Enterprise think about?

4 hours until holodeck. 4 hours until holodeck.
3 hours until holodeck. 3 hours until holodeck.
2 hours until holodeck. 2 hours until holodeck.
etc.

Same as anybody else there.

Worthless post. already gave us everything we need.

>holodeck fuck yeah.
>should i share time with the losers from deck 11b6? would they be judgemental?
>having holodeck time 5 times a week would be banging though.

So if you had to pick a Trek doctor to give you a prostate exam, you would pick Beverly, right?

The EMH.

I have to concur. I'd rather have the bald nurse do it.

I suspect invasive examinations disappeared around the same time as tricorders or those holocameras the EMH had that can show your body down to the skeleton.

He does it for the kicks.

The ships power is out due to a cosmic storm reversing the polarity of the main computers. You have to do it the old fashioned way. No, you cant reschedule either. You have rescheduled twice already.

He and i have different perversions in mind though.

What sci-fi are you guys watching at the moment?

Dirk Gently is the only thing for me at the moment, I've been considering trying Westworld though.

>dirk gently
>sci fi
Did they really mangle the source that badly?

Whoah great.
Will keep my amused until xmas.
What r next?
What r next?

there's no helmsman anymore, its a flight control officer (or conn officer) that just steers

in sulu's day he flew the ship, controlled all the ships systems and weapons.. he was pretty important
and weapons

the EMH in seven's body

>oh god Riker's leering at me again, just look busy
>my back still hurts from the time the Romulans shot us and I flew out of my seat
>tfw no seatbelts
>don't make eye contact with Data or he'll ask me a question about human emotion and won't shut the fuck up
>is it possible to replicate a chocolate lava fused inside a sundae, fuck i'll forget to do this later anyway
>we're at warp for 15 hours, why am i here, i just pressed a button and we move in a straight line
>i can hear Worf singing to himself again
>Riker's brought his GF onto the bridge again, can't believe she sits next to the captain. bitch is worse than Data talking about emotions
>fuck, now Data's trying to replicate human sniffing, this is literally a nightmare
>going to use my Holodeck time tomorrow to get create a tsunami of cock

It was psychosomatic.

You guys seriosuly trying to tell me you would rather have a hologram of a jewish dude stick a finger up your ass than a real woman?

I'm pretty sure he's Italian

Dirk Gently was always sci-fi, or did you forget the alien ghosts and their robot tech, or the time traveller?

More like sci fantasy, and the Norse gods one was pretty much pure fantasy noir

>Did they really mangle the source that badly?
There are similarities:

>Time travelling
>Breaking into a third floor apartment window
>"My convictions about the interconectedness of all things..."
>Psychic but denies it
>Pizza
>"How does a private detective know what it's not supposed to look..."
>Being hired by someone to investigate their murder before it happens
>"Follow someone who looks like they know where they're going"
>Mentions the sofa
>Mentions meeting Thor
>Soul-swapping schenanigans
>Svlad

There are also things that don't align:

>He's appears much too young to have been to university and jail
>He's either never created or doesn't remember owning Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

It's worth checking out at least, but people have said it's like he's playing Doctor Who, and I think that's a fair comparison. But also makes sense as Dirk Gently was a Doctor Who script.

Maybe I'll try it

Gracias