NEED YOUR HELP

A buddy of mine hooked me up with a friend from his girlfriend and we are having a blind date this friday.

The only thing he told me is that she is pretty and is really into punk rock, so.....what songs could I add to a playlist so I look like a punk rock patrician while driving?

Help me impress this girl

Genocide Organ

Green Day

Fill it with Wipers, Flipper and Dead Milkmen. It'll go great

While maybe not necessarily "punk", I always found Dinosaur Jr goes great in these sort of situations

The best thing to do is to not be a poseur douche and be real with her.

Oh. Also some romantic Dwarves tracks

Just show off your own interesting music, If you show her obscure punk that you got from random anons she will initiate discussion about punk and then realize you're a tool

my music is not very interesting though. My 2017 spotify thing showed my top artists were: Ariel Pink, Animal Collective, The War on Drugs, Xiu Xiu and The Mountain Goats

just be yourself and listen to the music you like. she will be impressed with your confidence. maybe you can introduce her to something she hasnt heard yet, like lana del rey's mixtapes she made as lizzy grant

changing yourself to please someone isnt going to work out in the long run.

good luck, and i hope you find love

xxoo

This
Don't be a hipster OP.

GG Allin

Here's a thought; be yourself. Unless you already like punk as well, then this thread could be helpful..

black flag, bad religion, fugazi, the smiths
try to keep it simple
also this

also throw some protopunk in there. bitches probably like Modern Lovers

NOFX's white trash two kykes and a spic is a classic for the punk scene

Nigga give her the aux cord and compliment whatever she plays

get head to this

I like some. For example, this year i really liked new albums by Protomartyr, Idles and Algiers.

I like Minutemen, Fugazi, Dead Kennedys....but I know those are entry level bands, so I guess she probably knows them.

I was thinking playing some not so well known artists and discuss them while on the car

she probably just likes a couple blink 182 songs lol

Don't be an autist OP just play what you like. Bumped gucci gang and now my bih luh do cocaine when before she was some arctic monkeys tumblrcore

/thread

Easiest path, OP. If you recognise some of her stuff then talk about that

>tfw autists like op with no personalities are allowed to have friends and go on dates and do normal people shit but you aren’t

i’d really really like to be hit by a bus

Simple Plan

Stop being an uggo and maybe you'll attract some girls

Too vague. Who knows what he means by that? You could find yourself listening to some real punk, and it turns out she's a green day fan.

Just seem really interested in it when she talks about it. Admit you don't know much, and ask her a lot of questions. If she's actually into it, she'll be delighted to talk your ear off about it, and give you recs.

I don't know if I were you I'd play my own music if nobody else had any problems with it and if someone did I'd let them play their music instead and just do whatever everyone thinks is good

You know like music is a very subjective thing. I like my ELO but I know someone else might not like El Dorado so maybe I let them listen to some The Money Store because although I'm not a huge huge Grips fan I like the album you know.
A lot of things are workable in life and you know maybe you'll play a song she likes and you create a connection there that's original and not based off you pandering. The same might happen if she plays her music. Love is also a natural thing you know and maybe she won't love your music and you won't love hers but that's okay because love between people is a lot more than taste and preferences in media. It's a deeper bond than that, but I mean if she shit talks my ELO I might have to respond with a swift backhand

Lead her into thinking you're interested in getting in to punk and let her do all the talking. Punks love talking about punk.

Just play Fugazi dude, who cares if it's entry level every punk appreciates hearing Fugazi.