Will you uphold your country's result in international PISA study in math?

Will you uphold your country's result in international PISA study in math?

You should be able to solve pic related

>?

Yellow pride

>tfw your country is the country with the most fields medals per capita but everything we learn in and before high-school is absolute horsecrap

The syntax is unclear, and thus, the problem can not be solved.

Ooga booga. Low IQ subhuman here, cannot answer.

>pic
do you believe in google?

YES!!
all yellow unite!!

9-3/(1/3)+1
better?

You're not a computer but a reasonable thinking human being.
Syntax couldn't be more clear

it's 1
9-9+1=1

oh you cheeky cunt

But it could also be something else.

>the problem can not be solved.

Could be either 9 or 1 depending on if that's supposed to be one-third or one divided by three.

3:1/3=3x3

>one-third or one divided by three.

one-third (.33)
or
one divided by three (1÷3)

Are you treating the fraction as a number or as an operation? If it's the latter, does the fraction imply that the operation is inside parentheses?

It's 1

Much better now and this is easy, but in OP I was not certain where I should imagine the ( ). Maybe that makes me retarded or something, but I've finished high school and higher education by now and nothing I do related to math anymore luckily. I did have 5 (or B) in math in high school tho. I've forgotten most of it now, sadly.

what is the answer if thats onethird and whats the answer if its 1 diveded by 3?

Of course it does, that's why it's written like this and not 1/3. That's literally 4th grade math syntax.

Are you fucking retarded?

That's what i figured. But I see people posting 9 so I don't know if they see something I don't, or if theyre just dummies or baiting.

no, the division is in the center of the fraction so it's pointed to the fraction itself and neither of its individual components

>That's literally 4th grade math syntax
You learn how to deal with OP's equation in 4th grade elementary school? I guess you guys are like 5 years ahead of Norwegians then. I feel ashamed of being Norwegian now.

>I guess you guys are like 5 years ahead
What? Are you trolling?

In India and most African countries we were only taught this in university.

1?

You have universities!?

No. I mean, maybe that's an exaggeration - I don't remember exactly when we started on those types of equations, but I'm quite certain it was not as early as 4th grade. If you show OP's equation to a kid in 4th grade here in Norway, then he will not solve it.

Whaaaaat?

How old are kids in 1st grade in Norway?

6 years old.

Wow. We start our education in 7, so 9 years old kid should be able to solve stuff like that.

please be joking

>american education

Bear in mind that by the time we start high school, we are able to do OK on PISA (better than russians), so either you are lying to make your country look good, or Norwegians start slower than you and nevertheless end up doing better in the end. Who knows.

Well, after seeing all the race-IQ memes how does this come as a surprise to you?

>better than russians
Well, majority of russian kids waste more time on smoking and drinking, once they hit puberty, so that's might be the case.
>so either you are lying to make your country look good
I couldn't care less about how my country look.

It's the same in the other nordic countries as well. 4th graders there do not solve OP's equation.

Funny thing, we didn't even have a 4th grade when I was a kid.

Oh why not?

>race-IQ
>memes
Yeah I usually don't let these dictate my worldview buddy.

Plus, IQ and teaching curriculum is are two different pairs of boots.
The shit I posted in the OP are just basic mathematical operations.

Are you telling me that Indian children learn to add, substract, divide and multiply in highschool cause I sure find that fucking hard to believe?

Idk about Norway, but when we were in third or fourth grade, I don't remember, they explicitly told us about something called "BODMAS" to prioritize operations in an expression. They said that first solve whatever's within the brackets then if the things are not grouped in brackets you should first solve the division part then the multiplication part then addition or subtraction. This is the order of priority used by calculators, but in the strictest sense it doesn't really have any meaning. But why does it have to be explicitly taught? Kids can learn it experientially or subconsciously too because they see the order being used in calculators. Maybe it was expected that you'd just know this from experience so you feel it wasn't taught. Children learn many things subconsciously like spellings. Also in no question would they give things like that without brackets. So how is BODMAS even a legitimate thing that has to be taught at all?

You're supposed to use PEMDAS, you fucking retard.

Nah I was just fucking with you, jeez. In highschool (16-17 year olds) the maths is mostly integration, differential equations and stuff like that.

Originaly our elementary school course was a 3 years long. After they added one more year in some schools as an experiment, but for majority of kids it still was only 3 years. So after you finish 3rd grade you'd go straight in 5th.

>retards itt
except for this poster It can be either 1 or 9, it is ambiguous. The division signs are mixed to generate confusion, they are of equal importance, meaning you can do either one first. Which is how the ambiguity arises. And no, there is no such rule as "left to right" or some other ruling that puts two of the same operations above one another, thereby going against order of operations. Though these things are often a useful thing to revert to, it's just a loose rule(s) taught in schools for convenience, not an actual thing. Contextually it's not so much of an issue but in truth, it is both 1 and 9. For this case the desired answer is 1. Different calculators will give different answer depending on how you write it and how they evaluate it.

What a nice bait you got there.

yes mongloids are the most autistic

Fjern parantes forst, så brokstrek , så gange/deling, så pluss/minus

You are just retarded dude.

it is 2?

H-how?

Jeg semi-kan den der, men var usikker på hvor jeg skulle se for meg paranteset.

I asked my elementary school math teacher friend earlier so that I would not speak wrong about our nation's education, and he told me that 4th graders in Norway do not learn to solve OP's equation. I see no need to make them believe otherwise, as I'm quite certain it's not a whole lot different in their countries either.

First ((-3)/(1/3))
That's -9

Then 9-9 which is 0

Finally 0+1 which gives you the final answer, 1.
You can also do -9+1 and then 9-8 and it will give you the same result.

9-3/(1/3)+1=1