When Mad Men aired I didn't give a shit about Betty Draper and I basically thought she was a irrational, silly, female

When Mad Men aired I didn't give a shit about Betty Draper and I basically thought she was a irrational, silly, female.

Growing up and rewatching it though, I relate to her so much tho.

She still acts in conceivably shitty ways from time to time butFUCK.

Instead of viewing her as some ungrateful housewife I completlely get why she is so depressed and impressed with her composure.

How do y'all feel about Betty Draper?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vJoWYp9_j0A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Betty is CUTE

are there any actually character arcs in this series?? Sup Forums spooges on it so much, im considering watching

but then again you fuckers fooled me with sopranos and breaking bad ... both are filled with character who either never learn anything or are too stupid to be believable

OP here

Sopranos is my favorite series so if you can't see the value in it, than I doubt you'd enjoy Mad Men.

What do you like user, I'm curious

I felt bad for her after the divorce desu

Her milky

She had no real reason to be depressed though.She was a child who didn't get the toys she wanted for Christmas pretty much in season 1-3. Then when she got remarried she was still jealous and mad at Don, then jealous of her own daughter, all while being a pretty terrible mother. Just take the episode where she went on her son's field trip and proceeded to have a bitchfit about a fucking sandwich to her kid.

She was somewhat redeemed in the final two seasons (after she lost the fat weight) and finally got over Don and was able to move on in her life. But early Betty Draper is damn near insufferable and one of the worst women you could possibly ever marry.

Don was pretty stupid to give up the quintessential boomer life style in favour of being a manhatten degenerate.

Any decent man could have kept Betty happy but Don fucked up.

>could have kept Betty happy

Sure, but what if that doesn't make YOU happy?

>Instead of viewing her as some ungrateful housewife

are you fucking retarded?

>groomed to be a trophy wife
>grows depressed
>divorces and remarries immediately in order to continue the life of a trophy wife
>loses her figure
>dies of cancer

This is the exact contradiction I'm talking about. She's gorgeous and tries so hard to be the perfect housewife. But it was forced on her by society.

She's trying to do what's "right" but that doesn't align well with who she is.

I get it

>not seeing Don ruined her
if you ever cheated on someone and tried to make it work this is the kind of shit that happens

>Any decent man could have kept Betty happy

Henry was a very decent man and all Betty did was bitch and get fat for him.

>quintessential boomer life style
The oldest Boomer would have been 14 at the time period this show starts. Try using correct terms so you make sense.

in the beginning I thought she was the perfect housewife and thought Don was the asshole... I started disliking her over time

LOL.

No empathy.

Autism should be expected on Sup Forums but wow.

>if I make money and knock you up you must immediately accept life as a mediocre housewife and give up all your dreams even tho you could have had a successful career on your own

She still walked into it but jeeez.

No sympathy?

>are there any actually character arcs in this series??
breh, it's literally all about the character arcs and they are some of the best there have ever been on television

>She's trying to do what's "right" but that doesn't align well with who she is.

Betty didn't know who she was for a majority of the series and constantly used other people in her life to make sense of it, which just led to anger and confusion for her when they didn't make her happy either. I'm not saying Don wasn't at fault, because he was probably the worst person she could have ever married but it's hard to make someone who has no idea what they want happy.

>someone they may have actually lived a life on Sup Forums

Congrats

I agree. I'm just saying the conditions of her upper crust upbringing, the pressure from her mom to be beautiful, etc etc all led to who she became

She was raised to be a decoration a man and nothing else. She isn't prepared for real life at all and it isn't her fault

>>not seeing Don ruined her

Her mother did quite a number too. At any rate, she was a grown woman who constantly acted the same age as her daughter, Don didn't do that to her and she can take responsibility for herself as all adults should.

And by then she was with Henry anyway, not still trying to make it work with Don, so I'm not sure why you are talking about with make it work.

You got something against house wives you sexist?

speak english faggot

i have no idea what you just said

kill yourself

>it isn't her fault

I'm not saying it's all her fault, but at the same time, she's not 10 years old, and there's no reason for her to act like it. Don's life was far more fucked up and some of the reasons for the fuckups he made can be placed on his upbringing, but still lie on his own decisions.

I don't know where you live but it's beer:30 where I'm at

Apologies for the confusion though

fair enough, im still on PST aka still at work aka pissed off o'clock

Don was petty and a real dick, no pun intended, to Betty. Yea her mom was a cunt but you gotta remember Bets was a young woman in her 20's. He wasnt any more mature than she was. thats what im gettin at

raised by a single mom perspective

>But it was forced on her by society.

I can't think of any point in the series where Betty was in the wrong

>if I make money and knock you up you must immediately accept life as a mediocre housewife and give up all your dreams even tho you could have had a successful career on your own
This is literally most adults. Your mother was probably the same way.

youtube.com/watch?v=vJoWYp9_j0A

Betty was perfection.

She was so hot the episode they went to Rome

>both are filled with character who either never learn anything or are too stupid to be believable

This Breaking Bad only.

The Sopranos features some of the best character development that has ever graced our screens.

i want january jones DEAD

Betts is best girl. that is all

For having a 'pin up model name' she's pretty disappointing to look at.

How does Trump have time to raise a multibilly company, raise the perfect family, and MAGA at the same time? How do I tap into that energy? Only thing he's fumbled on is not picking the wife right the first time. But even through divorce, he raised 10/10 kids.

Betty was only a "justifiably" depressed housewife in season 1. She was also only interesting in season 1.

Then they clearly had no fucking idea what to actually do with her, she goes from being emotionally dead to being insane to being more childish than her daughter to wearing a hilarious fat suit.

>your dreams aren't raising a family
Betty gets to be NEET and is still looked up to by society and gets a nice dicking on occasion. She's living the life.

He only sleeps 4 hours a day since 1974.