THE CW'S "RIVERDALE"

They actually did it, the absolute madmen!

youtube.com/watch?v=ekHpQRGo8TI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AaFamedaS1g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is archie black?

if archie is white, no thank you. it's 2016

Luke Perry could be those kids father.

He's playing Archie's father.

>"white men having sex with women of all races" the show
probably gonna watch it

Is Jughead played by the twin whose dickpics were leaked?

He's white but they made Josie black for some dumb reason.

>dumb reason.
its never dumb to have more attractive black women in tv

Josie is the one of the right?

god this is going to suck so hard, just like the Archie comics have for the past 20 years but possibly worse

I can't tell who is who and I've read archie for nearly 20 years.

I thought it was going to be a comedy, what the fuck was that promo?

No that's Valerie. Josie's the redhead and Melody's the platinum blonde.

so yeah there was already a black character they could have used, maybe as part of their edgy universe say the band broke up and Valerie went solo or made her own band called the Pussycatz with a Z to avoid copyright.

It's satire. They want the TWIN PEAKS audience.

what's your opinion of the reboot?

I thought it was Nancy, Chuck's girlfriend

Cast and characters.

ARCHIE ANDREWS (K.J. Apa)

>Archie is an intense and conflicted high school sophomore, who is still boyishly handsome but got pumped after working construction for his dad during the summer. He is grappling with heavy issues and juggling the unexpected interest of several girls while discovering his passion for writing and performing music against his father and his football coach’s better wishes. He harbors more than one dark, terrible secret.

I've only read the first issue. I like Jughead and hope the girl drama settles down.

BETTY COOPER (Lili Reinhart)

>Betty is a pretty sophomore with self-esteem issues and affinity for Adderall. Eager-to-please, wholesome and studious, Betty has crush on her longtime best friend, Archie. But tired of being the "perfect" everything, she turns to her new friend, Veronica, for life advice. Betty hails from a dysfunctional family and has a coveted spot on the cheerleading squad — though with certain conditions.

isn't Archie supposed to be some sort of happy-go-lucky aww-shucks kinda guy? what's with this grimdark bullshit?

VERONICA LODGE (Camilla Mendes)

>A silver-tongued stunner, Veronica has just returned to Riverdale from New York with her divorcee mother, following a scandal which resulted in her father going to prison. Extremely intelligent, self-confident and immediately popular, Veronica is a sophomore and is eager to reinvent herself — from Mean Girl to caring friend. She quickly develops an intense mutual attraction with Archie, but is reluctant to act on it due to her new friend Betty's own interest in Archie.

JUGHEAD JONES (Cole Sprouse)

>Jughead is a hearing-impaired, caffeine-addict, sullen heartthrob with a philosophical bent. The lanky lad is Archie’s former best friend, seeing as the two still are smarting from a rift that took place between them. Angry, Jughead refuses to take the olive branch being proffered by Archie, the hurt goes that deep.

they want the post-9/11 edgelord audience

The basic premise of the show is taking the usually whoselome, 1950's-esque Archie characters and placing them in a humorously grimdark version of Riverdale with drugs, incest allusions, pre-marital sex and murder.

All perfect in their own way.

CHERYL BLOSSOM (Madelaine Petsch)

>This fiery redhead is rich, entitled and never accountable. A manipulative mean girl who kills with kindness, she recently lost her twin brother Jason Blossom, with whom she shared a particularly close and intimate relationship, in a mysterious accident.

oh wow, subverting 1950s american ideals! how new and refreshing! small towns aren't what they seem!
seriously, this isn't about politics or anything, but how many times are we going to beat this dead horse?

>brown beauty
noice

REGGIE MANTLE (Ross Butler)

>The town prankster, Reggie is a wealthy and sarcastic sophomore who fashions himself as the big man on campus, feeling threatened by Archie's sudden popularity, Reggie vows to destroy his newfound nemesis.

what about his burgers and hat?

Josie comics were so much better before all the Pussycat shit

>Jughead
>heartthrob
what the fuck

The new series is amazing. Afterlife with Archie is great, too.

I'm enjoying the story I just hate the art and new character designs. Especially Jughead

I love Afterlife, also Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

This looks so stupid but sure Ill give it a shot

Only Afterlife and Sabrina are good

KEVIN KELLER (Casey Cott)

>Betty's cheerful, openly homosexual, quick-witted friend, Kevin struggles to mend fences with his conservative father, who refuses to accept his son's lifestyle, and is looking for love in all the wrong places.

I just realized that's the kid from the Suite Life show on Disney

Are you reading the actual biographies the creator of this show "invented", or are you just making them up?

I actually can't tell because the trailer looks like it's trying way to hard to be "edgy" and appeal to the pre-teen girl demographic that liked Grey's Anatomy.

MOOSE MASON (Cody Kearsley)

>The star player of Riverdale High's football team, Moose becomes fast friends with Archie when he decides to join the team.

These are official character sheets.

JOSIE McCOY (Ashleigh Murray)

>Josie is a gorgeous, snooty and ambitious sophomore, and the lead singer for popular band Josie and the Pussycats, which also includes her friends Valerie Brown and Melody Valentine. She has zero interest in recording any songs written by fellow teen Archie, but that won't stop him from trying.

>guys are: femfag-ugly, old-ugly, nothandsome-ugly

not going to watch it

He kicked off hamburgers and got hooked on coffee instead.

The hat is now a beanie, but apparently he also uses the actual felt crown at some point.

>but got pumped after working construction for his dad during the summer.

is this twin peaks for plebs?

Aw damn, I liked Archie being a being of good. His superhero persona is even Captain Pureheart or something

>>oh wow, subverting 1950s american ideals! how new and refreshing! small towns aren't what they seem!
>seriously, this isn't about politics or anything, but how many times are we going to beat this dead horse?

Isn't it absolutely amazing how the heart of America still isn't dead, no matter how much (((they))) keep stabbing at it? It's incredible, it's so strong that they still fear it, they will fear it even after it's long dead, like a tribal legend of the beast that perpetually keeps newer and newer generations up at night.

God, CW has the black actress market cornered. Every black girl that I've seen on their shows is a solid 8 or more.

He's still a nice guy, just a little edgier.

You'll keep getting it until you goy-- I mean guys like it!

NEED that Black gf!

TINA PATEL (Olivia Ryan Stern)

>Cheryl's vicious best friend and second-in-command, Tina will stop at nothing to become the resident queen bee of Riverdale High.

melody is so perfect

GINGER LOPEZ (Caitlin Mitchell Markovitch)

>One of Cheryl's cronies, Ginger comes off as ditzy and airheaded, but might know more about the seedy going-ons at Riverdale than it appears.

>These are official character sheets

I'm fed up with this world.

i'll only watch the jugheadsprouse scenes

Agreed

based Jughead

It gets better.

FRED ANDREWS (Luke Perry)

>Archie's father, Fred is a generally easygoing owner of the family construction company, who hopes Archie will take over the business one day. However, he is not without skeletons in his closet.

Jug rules, favorite character ever

Is there anybody on this show that doesn't have a dark secret or sinister agenda?

HERMIONE LODGE (Marisol Nichols)

>Veronica's seductive, equally silver-tongued mother, who returns to Riverdale in search of new and better prospects after he husband's scandalous imprisonment.

ALICE COOPER (Madchen Amick)

>Betty's distant, emotionally brittle mother, Alice is a succesful newspaper publisher and has a tempestuous relationship with her daughter, upon whom she imposes exceedlingly high expectations.

HAL COOPER (Lochlyn Munro)

>Betty's father, Hal is a succesful pharmacist and supportive of his daughter's endeavors, but disapproves of her blossoming relationship with Archie.

POP TATE (Alvin Sanders)

>The soulful and humorous owner of the local hangout place that attracts the teens of Riverdale, Pop is always ready to lend a helping hand to the kids.

GERALDINE GRUNDY (Sarah Habel)

>A dedicated but lonely music teacher at Riverdale High, Ms. Grundy soon finds herself in a forbidden relationship with Archie, one of her students.

HUBERT SMITHERS (Tom McBeath)

>The Lodge family's dutiful butler who accompanies Veronica and Hermione to Riverdale, and has an agenda of his own.

>Ms. Grundy soon finds herself in a forbidden relationship with Archie, one of her students.
so it's going to be a love quadrangle?

>look up read about afterlife archie

I WANT LIVE-ACTION AFTERLIFE ARCHIE NAOOOWWWW

He'll probably hook up with Josie at some point too.

Is this going to be closer to Twin Peaks or Mystery Incorporated?

wow there are literally white people in this picture this is disgusting

>Hiram in prison
oh come on, half the fun is watching him get mad at archie for good reason

Allegedly, "Twin Peaks".

I'd rather have a live-action Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

>Olivia Ryan Stern
noice
i like what is going on

So Mystery Incorporated with less jokes and more sex plus Madchen

old wise black man who help the kids out?
this show could be pretty comfy

>all these soap opera drama plot lines

why not just make a new angstteengirl show instead of telling people it's riverdale/archie and people finding out it's not what they expected?

wow fucked that up, mean this guy

I'm not American, does this version of America where people still wear letter jackets and there are jocks and cheerleaders and nerds still exists?

as a non-american i really hope so
if not then that country has no reason to exists anymore

Just as long as no more than 20% of the cast is white and there's at least one trans* in a wheelchair

learn how to read faggot

To CW

youtube.com/watch?v=AaFamedaS1g

From my experience, yes, to some extent. However in high school it's more laidback, that strict clique separation is something you see more in middle school/junior high

>Her name is literally just girl in German.
Bravo.

I'm more interested on who came first, the Archie character or the rockstar.

>SPOOKY skeletons confirmed

hnnnnnnng

>Mrs Grundy goes from a grumpy old hag to a milf

why

>and is looking for love in all the wrong places.
I can't quite roll my eyes hard enough here.

>HE TRIES HITTING ON STRAIGHT GUYS BECAUSE HE FINDS STRAIGHT GUYS HOT AND NO ONE THINKS THIS IS A PROBLEM!
>THE STRAIGHT GUYS REACT IN A COMPLETELY BAT-SHIT WAY AND BEAT HIM TO WITHIN AN INCH OF HIS LIFE!
>OR THEY REACT IN A REASONABLE WAY BECAUSE THE GAY GUY PUSHED THINGS WAY TOO FAR AND WE'LL BLOW IT OUT OF PROPORTION AND MAKE IT LIKE THE GAY GUY GOT METAPHORICALLY BEATEN TO WITHIN AN INCH OF HIS LIFE!
>EITHER WAY HE FALLS APART AND BREAKS DOWN IN TEARS BUT HIS GOOD FRIENDS ARE ALWAYS THERE TO HELP HIM EVEN IF HE'S COMPLETELY IN THE WRONG!
>SOON HE'S BACK AT IT BECAUSE HE IS PROUD OF WHO HE IS AND NEVER GIVES UP!
>HE IS AN UNSUNG HERO WHO CAN DO NO WRONG BECAUSE HE'S NOT STRAIGHT CIS SCUM!
>WE SUPER SERIOUSLY NEED TO SUPPORT OUR LGBT GROUPS IRL GUYS THEY ARE OUR FUTURE AND THUS SHOULD BE TREATED BETTER/DIFFERENTLY THAN OTHER PEOPLE THIS IS A SERIOUS ISSUE THANKS FOR LISTENING!

It's SEXY! There's SEX APPEAL which means it's MATURE and DARK and not your grandmother's cute and innocent white-picket-fence shitlord dream!

Is anyone, ANYONE eager for this? Like, what demographic is this show for? Is this what Archie fans want to see? Does anyone else give a shit about Archie?

You sure are mad at non-existent things that haven't even NOT happened yet.
Archie comics are about acceptance and tolerance and good feelings, with SOMETIMES a lesson or opinion. Everything about this Riverdale is cliche shlock that will hit the same beats that every other show hits. At least Archie comics are kind of refreshing because it's a comedy

Is he going to die his hair red?

Doesn't cw usually cast attractive people?

you're welcome.

>Archie comics are about acceptance and tolerance and good feelings
No, Archie comics are about escaping to a comfy small town where people are friendly and funny and everything turns out okay in the end. They didn't become about "tolerance" or "social progress" until it became in vogue in recent years, they latched onto the SJW movement to boost sales and get media attention