Stranger Things didn't feel like a '80 movie! The video had no grain!

>Stranger Things didn't feel like a '80 movie! The video had no grain!
What did he mean by this?

Why do you care about these ugly-ass people

Because JUST

what do you call this haircut?

The cuck.

The Bring Me Back to the Past

where did their hair go

i dont know who that is or what precisely he means by 'grain' but i agree with him. it was a little too clean or something, lacking granularity. like when you think of stand by me or the sandlot or whatever there is something grainy about them and not just the picture quality.

There's more to a show than video quality.
Stranger Things is clearly made of '80 material from head to toe, and still he says there's nothing vintage about it other than the posters.

Don't you faggots dare to talk shit about James.

He's a turbopleb in every way possible. He pretends to really love film but doesn't review anything good, he likes schlock and b-tier dreck which is find but when he takes on this learned, sage approach to reviews yet says fucking nothing astounds me.

How you can say you're a filmaker but can't even engage discourse beyond "yeah i liked this" is stupid.

Stranger Things fags BTFO.

He was right though. It didn't look or feel like an 80s movie. It felt like a modern TV show with an 80s-era theme.

Also if you dislike the guy why are you even watching his videos?

When he does talk about things outside of b movies and Godzilla it's Wikipedia tier summarized, or he just doesn't understand what the movie was going for. People just watch because he's AVGN

Honestly both him and Mike seem really dumb. There's an endless collection of displays of ignorance if those videos.
Like when James didn't know what an harpy was, and Mike said Medusa was one.

>failing grade school tier trivia questions in Double Dare
Jesus.

They have good personality and they're not obnoxious. AVGN was first of his kind and he's still a decent guy. Good enough for me.

I mean we can't expect them to be scholars or well read. They didn't even go to college (AFAIK), so could we really expect them to be savvy in greek classics? They review and talk about videogames & B-movies for a trade for god's sake. Their vocabulary and depth reflects that.

>They didn't even go to college
I thought they met there?

nah they knew each other since childhood

He's comes across as a really nice dude, but he's a massive, massive pleb in anything but horror movies and NES games (which he's still pretty damn entry level in).

James had went to a film school.

Plebs go to film school.
Auteurs go to film.

muh monster movies

He's a pleb and I disagree with a lot of his opinions but he's spot on about Stranger Things being massively over-hyped. Not that it was necessarily a bad show it's just that most people love to use the "Dude it's better than most things on TV LMAO!" meme. And they use this meme when all they know of TV is stuff like The Walking Dead and The Big Bang Theory, they know nothing of actual top shelf telekino like like The Young Pope, The Leftovers, and Rectify. I'm sure that compared to The Walking Pleb and bazinga Stranger Things can look like something of a masterpiece but to a man of my refined tastes Stranger Things is nothing more than a snack before a full course meal.

If I were to compare it to a bowel movement I'd say it's quick and satisfying but not at all memorable in the way that a bowel movement could be. When I watch a show like The Young Pope I feel like I'm on the edge of my seat, shit pouring on the toilet bowel. You see I'm having an emotional and visceral experience, I may even have to go to the hospital when I'm done. Stranger Things just doesn't do that and that's where it fails.

Bad move.

>He's a pleb and I disagree with a lot of his opinions but he's spot on about Stranger Things being massively over-hyped
It is over-hyped, but not for the dumb reasons he mentioned.
Also, Rectify is good, Young Pope mediocre and Leftovers shit.

James always feels bored and absent, Mike acts overexcited to compensate and becomes annoying.

Yeah James does not give a fuck. He pretty much checked out after avgn movie

link for this video?

its the "wake me up CANT WAKE UP!

fuck off faggot