this generation's Chappelle

prove me wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SWhhPWyWCv0
youtube.com/watch?v=4FCMAm3kl4Q
youtu.be/4zAwQsteyz8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I would say Dave Chappelle is the Chappelle of this generation

This guy is so shit. There's nothing else to say.

Chappelle is still alive for the first thing.

Second thing who's currently doing movies like Half-Baked?

That'd be more akin to this generations Chappelle.

No way, he has absolutely no charisma. Just mumbles through the weekend updates. I don't get how he has a job

I meant this generation of stand up

chapelle really isn't even that funny, he's alright but i don't know why so many people suck his dick

Somehow he's tricked Kenan into thinking he's white avoiding issues like this.

youtube.com/watch?v=SWhhPWyWCv0

Does he have a great sketch comedy show?

That's all Chappelle was ever really good at. His stand-up was okay at best.

Because humor is subjective, and it just so happens that a greater proportion of people are into chappelle than not. It's fine you don't like him, I like Norm MacDonald a lot more desu, and Bill Burr is definitely the number 1 (but that might just be amount of content he puts out there).

Chapelle is still alive.

That movie's so underrated.

bill burr is the reason chapelle quit everything and went to africa

so that makes burr #1 in my book. chapelle was doing some skit and burr was there and he was laughing hysterically shouting "3/5ths of a vote!" over and over

Chappelle is the Chappelle of today.
He just recently had a fucking skit of his same humor on NL.
Fucker still has it and needs a comeback.

>still has it
>reusing shit from his show

cash grab

You proved yourself wrong by posting.

That's like saying 'What is this generations Pryor?' or all the way to the other end of the spectrum of entertainment 'What is this generations Daniel Day-Lewis?'

There hasn't been anyone else like Chappelle, maybe there won't be. Maybe that's how it works when someone like that comes along. You're always waiting for the next best thing, hoping to replicate that - but there is no replicating it, at least not by trying to 'be' that person.

I've heard this before, but never seen where it comes from, you know where this comes from?

I imagine its some neal brennan shit, but idk.

If the formula still works why change it?

Because brand new shows a continuance of the craft rather than "Well I know this gives laughs".

it was on some podcast and burr basically confirmed it, but i don't remember which podcast it was

it comes from deep inside his asshole
chapelle has explained what made him feel like he had to get out countless times, and bill burr had never been mentioned by him once.

Yeah the way I understand it was Chappelle started getting that "I'm Rick James bitch" in public, and that coupled with the fact that he felt like he was no longer making fun of the minstrel shows but becoming a minstrel himself.

because chapelle doesn't want to mention who it was that made him feel that way, he's said over and over in interviews about someone laughing at him that made him feel like he was being laughed at

it was burr

t. Triggered by white guilt.

This guy is incredibly based. He's a prime example of the talented tenth.

i hate his delivery so much
arrogant fake boredom is not going to make me laugh
there won't be another chappelle for a long time
canadian comics have tried incredibly hard to be the next russell peters (comedy about different cultures, using heavy accents, etc.) for the last 10 years, and they all failed

Oh fug. I didn't see it was that awful nigger che. Just assumed it was Jerrod charmichael.

You fool

youtube.com/watch?v=4FCMAm3kl4Q

found it

completely agree

Kek, whatever happened to that Save the Last Dance guy? In the early 00's he was THE token black guy.

If he's just really stoned, then I get it, but honestly you probably shouldn't be getting stoned before doing live TV

fpbp

what generation is OP from? and literally who is he posting?

no, he's said he felt that white people were laughing at it the wrong way, not "a white person"

the podcast you're referring to is Bill Burr & Patrice Oneal on the old Opie and Anthony, who jokingly say "Bill Burr" as an offhanded joke because they had him on the line and he was a recognizeable guy who worked on the chapelle show from time to time. Bill laughingly goes along with the bit.

you can hear the whole thing here youtu.be/4zAwQsteyz8

chapelle talks about that instance as an instance that exemplifies the sense that his comedy wasn't being received in a way that he was comfortable with, it wasn't about any one guy and he doesn't even come close to insinuating that that one person is what made him quit. He gives an anecdote to illustrate what he was thinking.

to listen to this bit and think "he basically confirmed bill burr scared chapelle out of hollywood" is some tabloid-level thinking