Be Zack Snyder

>Be Zack Snyder
>Elevate capeshit to high art.
>Repeatedly emphasize the benefits, and potential pitfalls, of masculinity and religion, while ultimately affirming both.
>Stress the importance of, and potential consequences of, heroism and bravery.
>Delve deeply into the constructions of myths while illustrating how they bind and divide people.
>Promote physical fitness
>Get trashed by obese genre fanboys and (((critics))) that hate anything religious and masculine.

Is there a more unfairly maligned director in modern Hollywood than Zack Snyder?

vimeo.com/189876347

We just wanted a superhero movie for gods sake. This shit is like Schindlers list

kys

you already have hundreds of superhero flicks

I was barely 15 when my Dad "snuck" me out of being grounded to see the movie Man of Steel.
It was during that 2 hour visual spectacular that I realized this was the true example of a unique fresh artist, Zack Snyder.
It was 2 years later I watched the BvS teaser trailer and as anyone who knows me in high school can atest, I wrote "Do you bleed?" on nearly every surface I could before I saw Snyder once again work his magic in March 2016 with the BATMAN V SUPERMAN film.
Zack has left his mark on not only me, but cinema as a whole.

let's see the samefags

Damn this is sad.

he's some autist who posts that every day for some reason

you sound like a closet case op

There are people who actually believe this.

because it's the truth.

You are unironically correct, OP. This film was the peak of cape cinema heretofore and astoundingly maligned by the cycle of online cynicism.

>be Snyder
>be shit director
>get popular by making mass-appeal shit
>hide entry-level themes and symbols behind first year film school cinematography
>critics and devoted audience members see right through this for the shit it is
>doesn't matter, subject matter alone draws in enough of an audience to make a profit
>keep getting work because of this

>trick a few pretentious contrarian on Sup Forums along the way

And before you use your only defense, no, I don't like Marvel either

capeshit is inherently childish
the only way to sell it to actual adults is by turning it into campy, lighthearted fun
the alternative means polishing a turd, trying to extract anything serious from a source material made to appeal to literal teenagers, e.g. any DC movie besides Suicide Squad
only edgy teenagers full of themselves appreciate this, hence the popularity of Marvel and failure of DC

>I don't like Marvel either

We both know you do, otherwise you wouldn't be so asshurt by this thread

>by imitating high art to the point of hilarity
kek user

I could go on and on about how awful Marvel movies are, but at least they have the decency to know they're making crap and don't try to pretend they're making "high art."

I know you're a troll but watchmen is easily better than mos and bvs and it isn't even high art

I was barely 13 when my Dad "snuck" me out of being grounded to see the movie Watchmen.
It was during that 2 and a half hour visual spectacular that I realized this was the true example of a unique fresh artist, Zack Snyder.
It was 2 years later, I watched the Sucker Punch teaser trailer and as anyone who knows me in high school can atest, I wrote "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." on nearly every surface I could before I saw Snyder once again work his magic in March 2011 with the SUCKER PUNCH FILM.

>I was barely 15 when my Dad "snuck" me out of being grounded to see the movie Man of Steel. It was during that 2 hour visual spectacular that I realized this was the true example of a unique fresh artist, Zack Snyder.
>It was 2 years later I watched the BvS teaser trailer and as anyone who knows me in high school can atest, I wrote "Do you bleed?" on nearly every surface I could before I saw Snyder once again work his magic in March 2016 with the BATMAN V SUPERMAN film.
>Zack has left his mark on not only me, but cinema as a whole.

t. disney shill

Who's we? Only superhero movies I've enjoyed from the last 10 years is Watchmen, Dredd, and BvS.

A director being ambitious? how awful.

>I just wanted a MacDonald's for god's sake. This shit is like a sirloin steak

>entry-level directing and symbolism
>high art
Are Snyderfags the most delusional people on Earth?

If he has actual ambitions he shouldn't spend them on fucking capeshit.

Snyder isn't ambitious. He's not even trying to make good movies. He's using crap that real filmmakers, people who actually care about the medium, grow out of after they first start making movies.

This

Actually you fucking pleb, Ang Lee did that in the early 2000s
This shot has more cinematic grace than any capeshit flick thats been made since and its never been more relevant to the times assuming you understand it

We both know you don't watch anything other than the latest blockbuster trash, so stop pretending you know what you're talking about.

The only good part of BvS was Supes struggling to fly while holding the spear of kryptonite. That whole willpower moment was genuinely well done.

That doesn't stop the movie from being a bloated hot mess of superfluous dream sequences, unclear motivation (outside of Batman) and poorly written characters.

please don't be stupid user

we know movies are a meme, so superhero movies are turbomemes

kys

This is both desperate deflection and pathetic je ne sais quoi 2deep4u bullshit, as pretentious as it gets.

Yet it's true.

>latest blockbuster trash

lol u wot m8

gotcha :^)

His cinematography and visuals may be impressive, he just really sucks at even basic narrative logic, this is known.

That doesn't necessarily mean his products are flawed, it implies they're an acquired taste.
Whether that taste be a good one there is no objective answer to.

Someone please post Superman jumping over that oil truck

Chidlish attempts done in "romantic comedy" "films"
Cinematic eloquence the mirrors our perception of youth

Says who? A culturally bankrupt manchild?

>capeshit is popular af
>movie with three iconic superheroes
>title is literally ticketbait deathbattle
>can't reach even fuckin 900 mil
That's just ridiculous

I wonder if anyone on Sup Forums actually unironically likes Snyder? Not just likes him, but truly believes his films are high art? You can pretty much blame a few posts like OP's on meme shitposting and (you) farming, but is there anyone out there who let the meme go to their head?

>culturally bankrupt
You're even dumber than I previously thought.

Embarrassing.

>capeshit is inherently childish
Only sane post ITT

I know a few people irl that actually believe Snyder to be a visual genius.

I truly believe he creates high art. "Film" isn't the right term; his work is one where 'kino' truly fits. I 100% believe that, and I can prove that I am right as well.

>His cinematography and visuals may be impressive
They really aren't though
I guess the visuals are if you are in to the the Snyder style, have to give that

i think man of steel is a genuine masterpiece but i haven't seen bvs and i generally found his earlier work underwhelming

DCucks = Lex
Sane people = everyone at the party wondering what the fuck is going on with this autist

Real social metacommentary

you're a idiot.

pathetic

It's post-irony you dumbfuck the point is you don't stop pretending to be retarded

Dawn of the Dead is the worst looking saturated piece of shit ever made

I had to stop rewatching it in the first few scenes

Seriously will modern capeshit ever make it to this level?

Even a movie about time(dr strange) couldn't come close to the authenticity this did

>Be Zack Snyder
>Want to make his own capeshit universe
>Don't know shit about characters
>Hmm...last time I've checked, heroes was angry insane assholes
>BvS can't hit even a billion, has lower audience scores than fucking Antman
>Hmm...Justice Quip coming through!

okay so prove it then

Yeah can't stand it either
Haven't even watched anything by Snyder after Watchmen, which to be honest was shit as well.
300 was okay

Watching plebs try to criticize his recent movies is always good for a laugh.

/film/ when? Hopefully gook moot will be smart enough to create an application process so we can keep these Sup Forums and Sup Forums children out.

I don't have to prove anything to you.

>/film/ will discuss Snyder's flicks

HAHAHAHAHAHA

>he thinks he'll be there to see
wew

why the fuck did he burry his dead on some frozen wasteland? how is Martha supposed to visit her husbands gravesite?

why the fuck is superman wearing a coat?

>>/film/ will discuss Snyder's flicks
Just the ones that aren't capeshit. Those will be forced to go to Sup Forums as confirmed by butterfly(/lit/ janny)who has said will take the moderation position if it happens

Then don't post insinuating knowledge you lack.

How can Marvel even compete?

I was barely 15 when my Dad "snuck" me out of being grounded to see the movie Man of Steel.
It was during that 2 hour visual spectacular that I realized this was the true example of a unique fresh artist, Zack Snyder.
It was 2 years later I watched the BvS teaser trailer and as anyone who knows me in high school can atest, I wrote "Do you bleed?" on nearly every surface I could before I saw Snyder once again work his magic in March 2016 with the BATMAN V SUPERMAN film.

I ended up sucking my dad off that night.

The tornado blew Pa Kent to the Himalaya

I don't have to prove anything to you.

By making their money back.

Only two Snyder movies aren't capeshit

one of them is a subpar remake (which won't be allowed on /film/) and the other belongs to Sup Forums

I understand what you mean here, but I'm talking about the superhero ones like batman and watchmen

I was really curious how they would justify a Super Nice Good Guy coming to blows with a Super Smart Good Guy.

It boiled down to a rom-com level misunderstanding and it was resolved about as unimpressively. Then the movie keeps going because it's so fucking bloated... just kill me.

I really wanted to like this movie senpai. I watched it last weekend after putting it off long enough and just... it was awful. Also making Lex Luthor into some kind of quirky millenial entrepeneur using literally Mark Zuckerberg's actor just had me cringing the whole time. He was meant to be the drop of levity in a "heavy" movie and he just fell flat on his face.

Snyder or Nolan?

René Descartes

how much kino is too much kino?

when you start believing it

When you start seeing kino in anti-kino.

>basic narrative logic
What exactly didn't make sense plot wise?

Are you me?

Admittedly, though. There are a couple of MCU movies I thoroughly enjoyed, like Iron Man and TWS.

I love this movie, but what is it about this particular shot that's supposed to be profound?

Don't interpret this as a challenge. I'm just a fan trying to expand my appreciation. Is it symbolic of a man struggling to not become his father?

Gal gadot couldn't even act in that scene rofl

Her looking away trying to be all dramatic and sad was so horse shit