So guys, what was the best microtonal album of 2017?

so guys, what was the best microtonal album of 2017?

Other urls found in this thread:

acreil.bandcamp.com/album/aleatoric-aubades
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What is the name of the first album?

Banana is pretty top tier desu

Jute Gyte - Oviri

but have you heard the other two?

huh, didn't know a new Jute Gyte was out. I don't really fuck with his other stuff, feels like more of a novelty

I'll listen to all 3 of these. Still need to jump on the King Gizzard meme so this seems like the time to do it. Other two albums looks interesting as well.

>need to jump on the king gizzard meme
>listening to music because it's the current fad
Jesus fuck how plebeian normie can you be.
Listen to a band because you personally enjoy the music, not because others are talking about it and you want to be part of the group.

Has Sevish released an actual album this year or just a bunch of individual songs?

You're a fucking idiot. I know nothing really about the band and I DO want to listen to them. I actually have a job and a life so finding time isn't easy. Faggot.

lol you're obviously some weird cunt who just likes things because others don't. stop trying to pretend like you're anything but. take your own advice and like what you like without bias of trying to be cool

or he sees a lot of people talking about them and wants to know why, like a reasonable and well adjusted social human

moaahw gertje

Jege goite is a mess
previous albums by Byrnes were better
FMT is the most creative LP KG&tLW released this year (but Polygondwanaland is catchier)

a challenger appears
acreil.bandcamp.com/album/aleatoric-aubades

Very bad gimmick

Harmony Hacker was this year

in what sense?

Are you illiterate?

not everyone can read fraktur dude

Haven't heard the first album. Neutral Paradise was amazing, Microtonal banana was pretty awful. It feels like King Giz didn't take the time to actually try and understand microtonality and use it in an interesting way, they just sort of used microtonal tuning but stuck to the same boring "lead guitar is the same as the vocals" gimmick throughout the entire album.

also listen to
Sevish - Harmony Hacker
Ilevens - Transmitter

it's not like anyone's obligated to do totally radical shit with microtonality; doing basic middle eastern-y quartertone shit is fine, but it's a little lame to make it the theme of the album when other people are going much further with it

Yeah I know what you mean. I just feel like they played it too safely and didn't really take advantage of the microtonality. I went into the album as a fan of microtonal music (having never heard king gizz before), so I did have higher expectations in that aspect.

it's still kinda overly hard to do microtonal shit as a band compared to doing it with a computer

but Brendan Byrnes did it with a 22 equal guitar so that's not much of an excuse