Try to appeal to Chinese market by making the first season of ST:D (lol) about a Chinese captain of a Federation...

>try to appeal to Chinese market by making the first season of ST:D (lol) about a Chinese captain of a Federation starship with a Chinese name and a mostly Asian crew

>cast a Malaysian actress who isn't even popular in China as said captain

How hard is this going to flop?

Trek isn't even a thing in China.

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2016/11/star-trek-discovery-michelle-yeoh-cast-captain-1201859554/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They're aiming squarely at the Canadian market, apparently. One overtly gay character and they'll have it locked up.

Or they just cast Michelle Yeoh as the lead and everything else is you being autistic.

I'd Michelle her yeoh

>michelle yeoh isn't popular in china
Kek, why has she starred in many of their biggest movies then? Also one of the richest actresses in the world

deadline.com/2016/11/star-trek-discovery-michelle-yeoh-cast-captain-1201859554/

>Yeoh actually will be the leader of another ship. We hear that Yeoh has been cast as Han Bo and her ship is the Shenzhou. The Yeoh-run spacecraft is set to play a big role in Discovery‘s first season.

inb4 her feet

She was in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, which was basically Hong Kong's "wuxia for Western audiences." The Chinese reception was lukewarm at best.

First big casting news we've had in forever and it's a famous action actress as a damn side character? Fuck me, what are these people doing?

Her ship will probably explode. Trek has a long history of killing off female captains, literally the only exception being Janeway and that Columbia captain in Enterprise.

I'm trying to think of another female captain who survived and I think your right, drawing a blank

god damn it

this shit is going SJW harder than Doctor Who

theirs a small chance that maybe not, SJW shit is getting alot of backlash atm by the time this comes out the nightmare could be over

>confusing market pandering with SJW pandering

SJWs give literally zero fucks about China.

She's cute and knows kung fu.

>if Sup Forums had existed for Star Trek TOS

>Wow a Russian in the crew, and no more money, Rodenberry is a fucking commie, I bet the FBI has a file on him already, how many episodes until Hollywood blacklist him and Hoover pound his red ass

>A black and a white kissing on TV? Think of the children, I bet Rodenberry likes to imagine his wife cheating him with black men.

I'm pretty sure there's at least one other TNG-era female captain that lived, but I can't remember what her name was.

how bad is her accent?

>I bet Rodenberry likes to imagine his wife cheating him with black men
The reality is more hilarious considering he was having an affair with Uhura before the show even started. His wife put up with so much shit, though the irony is he cheated on his first wife with his second wife.

>they're gonna SJW so hard
Are you implying trek hasn't always be a fore-rider of SJWdom? Even in ToS kirk 'n friends went out into the galaxy so often to teach other races about value of life and equality for all races (except Klingons) Even Picards style was "You will behave or I will fuck you up". prime SJW.

Computer, create 21 sexually aroused Michelle Yeoh with genetically engineered massive milk filled breasts which drip pure pheromones from the nipples, and a vagina with 3 times the muscle density and tightness of a standard vagina. Make all Michelle Yeoh's 35 year old virgins, at the height of their sexual prime who have never seen a penis before in their lives.

Computer, disengage safety protocols.

doesn't exist, vice-admiral nechie, and lt cmd bitch face but no captains

your confusing actual ethics with some shit fgts made up in the last decade

>Computer, disengage safety protocols.
I shall put some code in the Computer to make it check every-time the holodeck is used that the safety protocols are engaged, otherwise it won't start and the safety protocols can only be deactivated by the Captain, if they are deactivated by anything else, the holodeck shuts down.

How many episodes did I remove? (unless I remember it poorly, is supposed to work kinda this way but breaks anyway).

I shall put some code in so that every time a crewman stands in the holodeck and says "Disengage safety protocols," instead of disengaging safety protocols it just transports them into the nearest star.

You mean like when Warf wanted to kill himself, and although Picard disagreed with it he was going to let it happen because he respected Warf's culture. Yeah, totally SJW

nobody willingly disenages them but Sup Forums posters.

worf is dead weight in tng. it was probably a tactical decision.