Was 2001 to 2009 the last great era of popular rock music?

Was 2001 to 2009 the last great era of popular rock music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KBlgAX3f7zI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it will be until 2019 ends

ya, pretty much

>2010
>"Wahhh the 2000s sucked and have no identity, music died in the 90s!"
>2017
>"Wahhh music hasn't been good since the 2000s!"

Woah.. it's almost as if music looks better in retrospect.

Didn't like this album

The Strokes just fucking suck so much. They are part of the reason garage rock got bastardized so much. They don't even sound like a garage band, just some shitty rock band that got a record deal because they wrote one catchy song.

The Strokes are a post-punk revival band mate. They're not trying to sound like The Sonics they're trying to sound like Television and Richard Hell.

i missed the 2000's even in 09/10

Whatever they are trying to do, they do it poorly.

I bet your favorite garage rock band is FIDLAR

Those are still proto punk/garage rock bands though. Not sure why they were classified as post punk revival. A lot of the strokes influences were not even post punk.

>Those are still proto punk/garage rock
They released their albums during the punk explosion of the late 70s, even if they were technically performing before then.

>Not sure why they were classified as post punk revival
I mean post-punk revival is pretty much a big-tent name for any indie bands from the 2000s who were bringing back elements from 70s punk, new wave and sometimes post-punk. I agree the name is pretty bad.

you clearly didnt even listen to the album

Are people generally biased against rock nowadays? Seems like anything that isn't pop, rap or electro is being pushed out.

>popular rock music
define this

Normies like Cage the elephant and bullshit like Twenty-one Pilots and Imagine Dragons. so i wouldnt say its being pushed out, just no good rock bands are trying to be mainstream these days it seems.

Has anybody heard about Greta van fleet? They are an absolute Led Zeppelin knock off but the vocals and guitar get close enough that it's actually pretty cool.
youtu.be/KBlgAX3f7zI

You are full of shit mate.

late 2000s was pretty bad
>muh rainbows

early 2000s was amazing no doubt about it

que?