dungeonlorefoundation.bandcamp.com/album/misterium-tremendum
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=_2l_kR9tru0

Second for owl ds

nebulosads.bandcamp.com/album/crepuscular-battle-in-a-distant-woodland-town

Are we, dare I say it, back?

Yeah I'm thinking we're back.

So how's it going?

What are some of your favourite album cover art?

I like the cover of this a lot, even though it, and so many of the images on other covers, aren't the artist's own work.

This is actually pretty interesting.

any dungeon synth to play yugioh duel links to?

Depressive Silence mastered the black metal and dungeon synth aesthetic.

Yeah everything about the project s basically the peak of Dungeon Synth

unpopular opinion alert:
while the composition of their music is great, the fact that they can't play on time for shit ruins this record for me

HORNUK IS MY MIGHTY GUIDE IN MY ETERNAL QUEST FOR UNHOLINESS AND LEWDNESS

I guess DepSi's timekeeping isn't great, but it's a lot better than 90% of modern live-recorded DS.

This is the best DS album along with that Old Tower release. And I agree it has a comfy cover

youtube.com/watch?v=t9MlMvRCXz4

Lads, I need help, I need frost bitten and kvlt dungeon synth

just want alder deep back lads.............

For anyone wondering - this is a group to discuss dungeon synth seriously, away from the now foolish, infantile setting provided by the original Dungeon Synth group. Feel no obligation to support or encourage low-effort, trendhopping projects or thoughtless, uninspired drivel hiding behind the pretense of "experimental" music here. Here we preserve the spirit of traditional dungeon synth.

apparently on the "dungeon synth" page someone is trying to set up a "CHRISTMAS DS COMPILATION" with real christmas carols. i think this is the ultimate pinnacle of autism and ignorance

I firmly believe dungeon synth should have remained a dead genre only known to and created by die hard black metal and fantasy fans. Everyone else, FUCK OFF.

Absolutely disgusting behaviour! Christmas has no place in out genre, instead we should be honouring pagan and pre-Christian festivities all the time, and encouraging others to do the same.

this genre cannot be fullfilled by those fuckin idiots. let's make something. let's show everyone what dungeon synth is. how about making a compilation of true dungeon synth, like old tower, thangorodrim, wongraven. not this fuckin christmas/ 8bit fantasy/ melodic d&d bard synth

the entire purpose of Neverlur is to be a revolt against whatever the fuck "dungeon synth" has become these days. I'm so tired of this garbage.

Just started exploring this genre, really liking this album so far

I just got my tape in the mail the other day
Someone on the forum was saying how this Anubis DS project reminded him of yugioh

Threadly reminder that posers should fuck off, and kneel before Depressive Silence

make sure and try out some sequestered keep. Entire discog is only $7.50, its a fucking steal.

sequesteredkeep.bandcamp.com/

Fuck off London, go yell at your kid for not fingerprinting elaborately enough

Edgelords begone

Where can i find this?

Are you fucking kidding me? Just use soulseek or any other fucking tool you’d use to find an album, it’s not some obscure lost gem unavailable everywhere

Okay cool! But what is it called

Well despite the fact there’s a chart ITT that has the fucking name and artist on it next to that album art, I guess I can forcefully deliver this spoon down your pitiful throat:
Die Festung by Paysage D’hiver
Maybe after your first week on the internet you’ll be less of a completely embarrassing person

Based Chaduceus
Never forget

Its on spotify if you need it asap

>Die Festung by Paysage D’hiver
Thanks, friend!

Gross

What

Download where

Doesn't Mortiis himself think the whole DS revival thing is at least kinda cool?

Who cares what jewnose thinks

The kvlt community

Is this album any good

No. It’s a couple tracks of Abandoned Places clonery sandwiched between mariokart music
The real niggas understand he’s no longer relevant so who cares

i doubt it

I notice a certain development (especially in the main FB group). To me it seems that every week there come up more and more "projects" from, which I observed, new members to the whole scene. Nothing bad at first, but most of this is like: "Yeah I've heard about this whole thing about a week ago, so I decided to record 3 demos yesterday". No one really takes the time to properly compose, arrange or even mix his music. All this under the label of "experimental/noise" or whatever.
I really don't wanna rant against people who improvise a lot, but to me this is some kind of musical inflation, which we all know quite well from the metal scene. The DIY attitude brings the false assumption that no one really focuses on the music itself and more focus on the bad-recording-quality-at-purpose thing. Sure, you can't have the best equipment when you're just starting, but please listen to your recordings at first. And then, when you're really sure it's worth publishing, then you can think about a release on bandcamp/youtube etc. I don't want to sound too arrogant on this, but it threatened me for some time now and I thought it's worth a post here...
Has anyone else noticed that or am I just totally paranoid?

You're not paranoid considering that this line of thinking is what lead to the creation of the True DS group. You're 100% correct. I think the term "trendhopping" is rather appropriate. People see this genre, see it's experiencing a bit of a boom lately, and figure "hey, I can do that!" There's no real thought process behind some of these acts, no real meaning, no real effort. Then they move on to the next. The issue is that if you try to call them out on their bullshit, you're an "elitist" and you get banned from the main group, so it really just turns into an echo chamber and people pat themselves on the back.

Christopher Byler and his friends are some of the only people I've ever had to put on my blocked list. They flood the chat so talking with them reasonably is impossible, and whenever I try to they all just shout me down and spam inside jokes and generally disrespect everyone. They're like a gang of teenage kids in the mall making trouble for security just because they can.

Yeah but everyone who is really trend hopping stops posting after like a month, so I can never understand why the FUCK you retards are so triggered by it. Learn how to filter out releases you don’t like, it’s really fucking easy.

>Has anyone else noticed that or am I just totally paranoid?

this is what happens in every sub/counterculture where the bare minimum for entry is set to a low enough position for any cretin to freely and easily jump in, though black metal and noise are the two environments in which these sorts of clueless dabblers seem to have a particularly intense presence
it's why i don't even bother with young noise projects unless they've managed to get some credible label/s to release their shit or received praise from credible people in that world

I only know of byler and that one girl he knows doing that though

This is how music works. You act like there aren’t hundreds of millions of dumb young people making dumb music of all types all over the world

Grimrik here. Seems some "Christopher Byler" is trying to Start some provocation against John Brooks & me. Seems we're known as the elitist assholes here. I guess I'll just ignore it...

You’re like 50, please stop posting here if you’re actually grimrik

London desperately wants people to care about his opinion but I truly do not want to hear his thoughts on anything

The man thinks a little t on a black square constitutes good album art. Talk about fucking 0 effort. “Hey dan draw me a t it’ll be an instant classic lol.” He’s literally 1/5 as talented as Chaucerian Myth so I don’t get why he thinks he’s like the god of ds

>some dad who makes larping music
>”pls take me srsly guys”

Music is subjective btw

I agree that there should be more constructive criticism instead of simply ignoring releases you don't like. Making one's opinion heard isn't a problem. When you go about it in a confrontational manner with a holier-than-thou attitude though, as London and others in the "true" seem to go about it, then it tends to start issues.

Frankly I’d prefer to be ignored than given unhelpful criticism. If it’s constructive then that’s good in theory, but when you approach it from two vastly different ideological perspectives, one man’s “advice” may not help at all. If what one party is going for doesn’t appeal to you, then their definition of success could be totally different, and they can feel they succeeded whereas you don’t see it that way.

I promise this will be my one and only post complaining about the "main group," but I finally read a post on it that made me leave.
Its a wall of text that begins with praise of 2nd wave Dungeon Synth, not in spite of the giant influx of low-effort projects, but because of it, goes on to assert, multiple times, that musical skill, or even "being a musician" isn't necessary to make good Dungeon Synth, and concludes by stating that the real purpose of Dungeon Synth should be to fight the "New World Order."

This was a real post, from a musician (who bragged about his lack of musical skill), that received reactions. I'm a patient guy, but I had to peace out.

I was on holiday for a while and coming back I found the admins of the main DS group almost completely changed. Also I was removed as an admin. Silently. I don't get why. Any ideas or things I didn't see while I was away?

I spoke to canrith. He swears he neither banned nor blocked anyone, and it was actually one of the original creators of the main DS page who did the de-admining as he was not satisfied with the way the page was going. Said original maker was also upset a "new" group was created and felt it was created to slag off the main group. Main thing: canrith claims no influence in this and says he has nothing to do with banning etc.

My thoughts on the current state of the "Dungeon synth scene":

Certain attitudes seem to be considered unquestionable rules among social Dungeon Synth circles online. As an admin of this group that is typically quiet on these matters, I wanted to clarify a few things that should be common sense:

- Every artist that has ever released anything to the public can be criticized. Nothing is free from criticism, and criticism does not need to be constructive to be valid. If I eat a meal that is literally spoiled rotten, I will not offer "constructive criticism to the chef to help him improve in the future". I will simply say "this is pure shit" and never eat that meal again. It is not our responsibility to babysit shit musicians and help them figure out how to not make music that is terrible garbage.

- Respect is earned and is not a birth right that you get just because you exist. There are many reasons to not respect someone. Being a shitty musician that releases white noise and passes it off as music is a valid reason to not respect someone. Music is not a circle jerk.

- Opposition can create victory. If people oppose you for weak or invalid reasons, prove them wrong. If people say your music sucks, try harder and get better. Put your best effort forward. But don't rely on others to hold your hand and guide you like you're in kindergarten. Rise to the challenge or remain mediocre.

- The final shocking revelation: not every single person on the planet will like the music you create. What a concept!

- Not wanting to listen to random nonsensical melodies played on Fisher Price equipment does not make you an "elitist".

I agree, it's all subjective and up to each individual's perspective, but hearing "this is what I liked, this is what I didn't like, maybe if you tweaked x, y, and z," is far better that "wow this sucks, it's totally uninspired and no effort was put into it," or in my opinion, nothing at all.

I remember when this happened. One of the OG admins or the creator of the page stated this was going to happen before it went into action.

That’s fair, for sure. I think advice should be geared towards helping the artist better accomplish what they set out to do, and not telling them what you want them to do

Just to address the first point, I would assume that if you cared about the dungeon synth scene as a whole, you would do what you can to assist newcomers by giving advice and helpful criticism. I remember, before he joined the true group, John said something to this effect.

You're absolutely right that not everyone is going to like one's music and that respect in any scene needs to be earned. However, if someone does not respect or like one's musical output, I don't think that's grounds for name calling and making accusations about a lack of effort.

Literally larping rn. Thankfully your “god-given right to hand down your judgment on the little people” is countered by their ability to ignore it. I thought about music the way you do now when I was in high school. Stop being such a manchild and grow up. People are allowed to like and talk about whatever they want, even if it’s not thangorodrim. Life isn’t fair and you have your own little private group to cry about how reward is not proportionate to what you put into it. You’re such a fucking loser, you really need to exit your juvenile mindset bud. Jesus Christ you’re an embarassment

this general was a mistake

No one is holding anyone’s hands you retards, people just like different things. The fact that you needed to create a whole separate group to hide from the reality of people talking about someone other than you is pitiful

yeah, this is what's been happening lately.

It was fine when the trvefags would just silently hide away in their little corner. They’ve decide to get all ~confrontational~ again

I do my best to express myself and I’m very inspired by dungeon synth so that’s how I tag it. I’m not amazing guy talented but I do my best. Some people like it and I appreciate that. I’m fine having a small fanbase, since I’m not amazing. Yet John and London have acted as though it’s OBJECTIVELY WRONG for ANYONE to like what I make. I don’t care if they don’t like it, but that they need to get so riled up in trying to forbid people from liking what they don’t like, now that’s what annoys me

Wow, this thread got heavy since the last time I checked.

Someone should make a DS musical setting based on the factions and people behind the real life genre.

Lol oh lord, that would be something to behold

Seriously, it's like we're living in a fantasy saga right now.

The winter solstice is celebrated by almost all religions and cultures, it actually is a good idea to make an album for that

I want to say that was being sarcastic.

I want to be the varg of modern ds

Dungaroos vs TimpaniSquad
Dumbledore’s army vs Defenders of DS

Obviously Austin Amelio would play Chaucerian Myth

We all know who’d play John

And we’ll find some stunningly attractive young buck to be Christopher

Here’s grimrik, no I don’t only watch one show

Bump

>only the most trve and kvlt may take part in our sacred Sup Forums and Facebook discussion
I said it before and I'll say it again, fb tier drama is gay as fuck and petty. Post tunes or fuck off
dungeonlorefoundation.bandcamp.com/album/misterium-tremendum

Who is the Greta Van Fleet of DS?

Are the other Arcana Liturgia releases good? I’ve only heard this

ITT

I don't think I've ever seen a woman in DS desu.