Why did this series suck so much?

Why did this series suck so much?

never post again

High fantasy is garbage for plebs that's why. It ruined GoT!

Grow up and watch more movies, frodo is shit and his storyline is intolerable after fellowship. jacksons directing is as well

>fantasy is garbage for plebs
This.
>Grow up and watch more movies
Very ironic

>guaranteed replies
>textbook example 2.C column B

It's capeshit.

This

>Grow up

Lmao wtf. You watch game of thrones and hp kiddo. Literally all you post about too unless you're spamming memes.

They are the most overrated thing on and off this board

Because it's one of the dullest franchises in the history of franchises.
>a-at least the books were good!
'No!' the books were just as bad. Regurgitated fantasy garbage.

Great Gatsby? Are you a freshman?
>Muh yellow cocktail music
>Muh no substance
>Muh aint it GREATEST AMERICAN NOVel

They did it only for the money, with all the fantasy craze that were around at the time they knew it would end printing money. They took no risk at all

J R R Tolkien's son, about the movies

>""Tolkien has become a monster, devoured by his own popularity and absorbed into the absurdity of our time," Christopher Tolkien observes sadly. "The chasm between the beauty and seriousness of the work, and what it has become, has overwhelmed me. The commercialization has reduced the aesthetic and philosophical impact of the creation to nothing. There is only one solution for me: to turn my head away."

"They eviscerated the book by making it an action movie for young people aged 15 to 25," Christopher says regretfully. "And it seems that The Hobbit will be the same kind of film."

Either because you have shit taste or you're a 16 year old who thinks he has superior taste.

brothers karamazov was weak too, dostoeskty just has an obtuse writing style.

Christopher Tolkien rode his father's fucking corpse straight to the bank.

>regurgitated fantasy garbage

How is that even possible when tolkien literally established pretty much all of the western fantasy tropes?

There wasn't any hot gay sex scenes.

I love the movies, but he's right.

They aren't a good adaptation.

You mean cloakshit. It's a good moniker for fantasy.

But no, stop pretending to be retarded. The trilogy is great.

The movies basically just trimmed the fat. The book is better no doubt, but Tolkien will wax poetic about a hill for 10 pages.

>with all the fantasy craze that were around at the time
There literally wasnt before lotr, you fucking idiot.

High fantasy is kino

>"They eviscerated the book by making it an action movie for young people aged 15 to 25 and it seems that The Hobbit will be the same kind of film."

I wonder how he felt when he found out the Hobbit films were for 6 to 12 year olds.

Perhaps the die was cast when jackson vetoed the idea of basil poledouris composing the films

Two words.

Fucking boooooooring.

hypocrite faggot.

>Tolkien will wax poetic about a hill for 10 pages.
Even as an exaggeration that's ridiculous. Why you gotta talk shit about books you haven't read?