youtube.com/watch?v=C3BEnL04CNs
youtube.com/watch?v=9wab7yUuEMI
youtube.com/watch?v=rirYCiDXYjI
youtube.com/watch?v=3RPE9VQwCEI
youtube.com/watch?v=EMrS6tOYG1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=H7K027JWSm4
youtube.com/watch?v=wYwgD20wF74
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Harry Potter? You mean the dullest film franchise in existence?

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8: garbage
0.1: garbage with a marvelatic twist

Why are foreigners such plebeians?

My favorite was Chamber of Secrets. Might be an unpopular opinion.

Same when I was a kid, but rewatched them all recently and really loved the later ones.

Nice ranking

3>7.1>6>7.2>1>5>2>4

That's pretty simple, they all rank in the category of "easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises." Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

based rankings, here's some xmas songs

Philosopher’s Stone
-01 Prologue
youtube.com/watch?v=w3C6kuOOO5E
-03 The Arrival of Baby Harry
youtube.com/watch?v=zXyl76KGcWY
-06 Platform Nine-And-Three-Quarters And The Journey To Hogwarts
youtube.com/watch?v=1wJKZJYpl3E
-07 Entry into the Great Hall and the Banquet
youtube.com/watch?v=54d3qDLGsTc
-09 Hogwarts Forever and the Moving Staircase
youtube.com/watch?v=Vy1pv5_zVDA
-10 The Norwegian Ridgeback And A Change of Season
youtube.com/watch?v=-DF9BUCtYTA
-12 Christmas At Hogwarts
youtube.com/watch?v=BOzB4Fh5R18
-13 The Invisibility Cloak and the Library Scene
youtube.com/watch?v=vGS5n01W1cg
-14 Fluffy’s Harp
youtube.com/watch?v=9u15NV1k6PI
-18 Leaving Hogwarts
youtube.com/watch?v=YSb7mOk_UvU
-19 Hedwig’s Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=1Li0SWlwe34

Chamber of Secrets
-01 Prologue Book II & The Escape From the Dursleys
youtube.com/watch?v=3epoHSpaROs
-02 Fawkes the Phoenix
youtube.com/watch?v=pzHaDlflz3w
-03 The Chamber of Secrets
youtube.com/watch?v=QPHEUO2O3lM
-04 Gilderoy Lockhart
youtube.com/watch?v=-dSxaEp00mM
-05 The Flying Car
youtube.com/watch?v=t_zG0PuQJk0
-13 Fawkes is Reborn
youtube.com/watch?v=62mYmbyjsHg
-16 Polyjuice Potion
youtube.com/watch?v=yEeq2UHYprw
-17 Cakes for Crabbe and Goyle
youtube.com/watch?v=Zymf_QGjY34
-19 Reunion of Friends
youtube.com/watch?v=UCs7Ih--o2g

Prisoner of Azkaban
-01 Lumos! (Hedwig’s Theme)
youtube.com/watch?v=u_igFEdHxbU
-02 Aunt Marge’s Waltz
youtube.com/watch?v=ds3zfmqHFNM
-05 Double Trouble
youtube.com/watch?v=CvnUYeGM3qw
-09 Secrets of the Castle
youtube.com/watch?v=Acm7WYfzXhU
-18 Forward to Time Past
youtube.com/watch?v=Wlb1GX80Ql8
-19 The Dementors Converge
youtube.com/watch?v=0R5ofNJJ56Q
-20 Finale
youtube.com/watch?v=GV0g1ISkxHc
-21 Mischief Managed!
youtube.com/watch?v=TgzJO8v22nw

I disagree

I'm glad you loved the latter ones they are great I love them too. And the early ones.

Goblet of Fire
-01 The Story Continues
youtube.com/watch?v=R7aCeH-cUTg
-02 Frank Dies
youtube.com/watch?v=vhHFlnaMMGY
-05 Foreign Visitors Arrive
youtube.com/watch?v=KVWN2R7hrdw
-06 The Goblet of Fire
youtube.com/watch?v=S3oJf5ynyhI
-07 Rita Sweeter
youtube.com/watch?v=NHocSPKKZNY
-08 Sirius Fire
youtube.com/watch?v=7sFCQIKi1Zc
-09 Harry See’s Dragons
youtube.com/watch?v=2og50amlzJ0
-11 Neville’s Waltz
youtube.com/watch?v=2TkIcQNmRG0
-12 Harry In Winter
youtube.com/watch?v=Gx-LkZIpcag
-13 Potter Waltz
youtube.com/watch?v=5a-yclH6W9s
-14 Underwater Secrets
youtube.com/watch?v=C3BEnL04CNs
-16 Hogwarts March
youtube.com/watch?v=9wab7yUuEMI
-17 The Maze
youtube.com/watch?v=rirYCiDXYjI
-18 Voldemort
youtube.com/watch?v=3RPE9VQwCEI
-19 Death of Cedric
-20 Another Year Ends
youtube.com/watch?v=H7K027JWSm4
-21 Hogwarts’s Hymn
youtube.com/watch?v=wYwgD20wF74
-22 Magic Works

This is such stale pasta.

Keep the /lit/ memes in /lit/ where they belong

5, 7.1, 6, 3, 7.2, 1, 4, 2

based /lit/ patricians blowing the fuck out of /r/harrypotter drones

"No!"

7>2>1>4>5>6>3

Azkaban was boring as shit.

>atlas shrugged
>not below shit-tier

/lit/ and Sup Forums were our sister boards before the bane cancer turned Sup Forums into neo/tv/(retards from twitter) tho

>people are still actively shitposting in HP threads
What a life.

was it just me or was Voldemort a shit villain? He was completely unthreatening, getting his as whooped everytime he appeared and acting like a faggot

This almost matches your ranking

Nah he was cool in 5 and 7. And he was good at the end of 8 when he thinks harry is dead. And I thought the graveyard scene was good. Good thing is theres other villians too

Switch the DH parts around and I'd agree

Why not if you're here crying about it?

I prefer part 1, different types of films, but I probably agree they should be next to eachother or combined as the number 2

I don't like the movies. I like the books.

Okay bookfag. I like the books a lot and love the movies.

>Liking Goblet of Trash
Worst adaption ever

Finally some good taste. Nice to see some different tastes as well. Proves how good the series is

I'm okay with your rankings. HBP is prob my favs,

I liked it the least though.

Not the worst imo, but the screenplay had some pretty bad issues. It was the first book in the series that was really thick, so it was the first time they really had to start cramming and cutting content. They definitely got better at it, but splitting the final movie in two was absolutely the right choice. DH1&2 have pretty much everything from the book, whereas the three movies before it cut like half the book each.

Honestly I have only seen those parts once, when they came out. I jsut remember the first part being quite middle of the road and setting up plot points for part 2. Though maybe being older now there was actually some great dialogue and atmosphere I missed

Deathly Hallows Part 1 > Goblet Of Fire > Half Blood Prince > Deathly Hallows Part 2 > Half-Blood Prince > Prisoner Of Azkaban > Philosopher's Stone > Chamber Of Secrets

I think so, it was the perfect penultimate entry imo, I loved the atmosphere and thought it captured the book well. I like the slow style, my favorite scenes were the patronus/sword/horcrux, godrics hollow, bathildas, malfoys manner, lovegoods, and the woods tent stuff.

Nice man DH1 is so underrated

Your local theatre is having a Harry Potter event. They are showing all movies in the series over the course of a week (Both Deathly Hallows are played back to back on Sunday)

Do you go?

Cringey samefagging desu. Don't make me get imushroom here to show everyone

They did this last month in IMAX across the country. I went.

Posting in reddit general

Go to bed Columbus

What fucking country do you live in? I want to experience them all in the theatres again. I watched all of them at the movies except the first. Experienced that during one of the last days of a school year. It was a choice between Philosopher's Stone on VHS or some shitty barbie movie.

>DH1 is so underrated

I have no clue why it isn't. I guess it's because it's buiding up the whole time and all the pay off is in DH2 but I liked all the feels and atmosphere of DH1.

The second half of Deathly Hallows book is my favourite, though. I cry without fail when rereading and I get to the part where he is finished with Snape's memories and he's accepting that he has to die. Fuck, man. When they all come out of the stone to cheer him on... Harry hwaiting...

How many neetbuxs did you spend? It's 4 am and you're samefagging lel.

The United fucking States. Yea i saw them all in theaters originally too. They showed them every day for two weeks for promo fantastic beasts and booked the IMAX somehow

They were fantastic. They remastered the first two and showed them for the first time ever in IMAX. The first one held up extremely well.
1 - 10/10
2 - 9/10
3 - 10/10
4 - 8/10
5 - 10/10
6 - 10/10
7 - 10/10
8 - 10/10

Holy shit I am fucking jealous. They probably did it here too but I don't pay attention to that stuff.

>I liked all the feels and atmosphere of DH1
Me too man, it was extremely well done

I havent read the books in almost a decade i need to reread them

Do it, friend. Reread them this year. It was well worth it. They all hold up so well.

3>2>spinoff>8>1>6>5>7

Will do

FB was shit just like Goblet of Fire. Ironically before it came out the studio said it was most similar to Golbet of Fire. Which was bad news since Yates was the opposite of that

Why do you rank 5 so high, I like your rank otherwise. But I don't think I would put it that high

I didn't expect to cry rewatching the movies but then I watched DH2, same moments you mentioned from the book.

Also, both DH movies definitely seem better now that I'm a bit older. It's impressive how the split the book's story into two, but still managed to tell two tonally different but solid stories. The plot itself is pretty much told in the same order as in the book, but they pace it in such a way that they end up with two three-act stories. They should have started breaking the movies into two with Goblet of Fire; maybe it wouldn't have got so much hate that way.

1 > 2 > Rest are irrelevant.

2 > 1 > 3 > 7 > 5 > 6 > 4

The second half of the series is where Rowling's world begins to fall apart in my eyes. As much as I adored Harry Potter growing up it's rare to see such a franchise that overly relies on character death for plot motivation, and it becomes obnoxious more than emotional when characters like Fred are just thrown into Rowling's altar for seemingly unnecessary purposes. That being said I do honestly miss Richard Harris's Dumbledore and Chris Columbus's production choices as a whole, so a lot of personal bias is skewed there.

Prisoner of Azkaban = Overrated
Deathly Hallows Part 1 = Underrated