Is this the most pathetic album the UK has ever shat out...

Is this the most pathetic album the UK has ever shat out? I love how Britfags act like you "just don't get it" whenever you criticize this piece of shit album and claim that you have to be British "to truly understand."

What a crock of shit. I've listened to plenty of UK garage and dubstep and I enjoy a lot of it. But Untrue is just a bullshit album and it's ridiculous how Angloids will defend it and go on about muh British dance culture like it's so unique and nobody else can possibly get it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hMCTyP8H3Yk
youtube.com/watch?v=wy1xg4BxuoA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>look mom, I posted it again!!!

>look mom, i hate something

>look mom, I dislike something people like

>luk maaa me do teh possst

>look mom, shitposting with no hands!

I don't hate the album. There's lots of bad music. Bad music isn't unique to the UK (although they certainly produce a lot of it).

What I hate is this pretentious, pseudo-ingellectual culture that Angloids have about their dance scene that outsiders "just don't understand m8"

>schau mal mama ich bin kein britischer lel

album is unironically great.
Come back to it when you're older friendo :^)

pretty sure prodigy did worse

t. 18 year old college kid
You'll grow out of your p4k phase in a couple years big guy

Where are you pulling this bullshit from? I'm British and can attest to the fact that no one here is like that, we celebrate the fact that certain artists and producers can break America or other international audiences.

>I don't hate the album
>"Is this the most pathetic album the UK has ever shat out?"
You sound very insecure and contradictory. At least know what you're criticising before shitposting

Did you just discover Sup Forums yesterday kid

This shit is all over this board.
>durrrr silly burgers can't understand our music am I right m8
>haha yeah Nigel we're so much smarter and better. Have you heard the new Radiohead album bruv

mate i dont complain when i cant understand lil dead retard or whatever you lot listen to.
Different strokes for different folks x

Can some one explain the whole 56% thing to me? I know it has something to do with race, but I'm not sure what, unless it's the whole muslims in Europe thing which I am familiar with.

>you don't like it so therefore you don't understand it
It's just a shit album you snaggle toothed *nglo. Get over yourself.

I say that as someone who genuinely enjoys a lot of UK garage and dubstep.

>It's just a shit album you snaggle toothed *nglo
it's not though mate. It's okay that you don't like it, I wouldn't expect you to, it's not really aimed at americans xox

>british Sup Forumstant attitudes are typical of British attitudes in general
fuck off with your retarded false equivalencies, you're letting this isolated bubble dictate how you perceive other nationalities. You really should get outside more

see pic related. Its a meme used to enrage Americans (most likely from/pol/) who like to think of themselves as pure aryan race through and through, when really Amerimutts are the mongrels of the western world

youtube.com/watch?v=hMCTyP8H3Yk
Burial should collaborate more with dj wanka

Dance music is shit

imagine getting THIS upset that a musician isnt aiming for american audiences

>I enjoy a lot of UK garage and dubstep
good for you. Unfortunately artists like Burial, The Bug or pic related are very much attuned to their cultural and architectural geography, which makes it very hard for other people to appreciate it until they've walked along the southbank at 5am in the rain listening to Etched Headplate. It's an environmental thing rather than an "understanding"

I like the Bug though you gargantuan faggot

I know this is bait but do you even feel OP?

Other than your butthole that is.

You're leaking nazi again, schwanzkopf.

I like it and I'm not British
It's fine for you to not like something good that other people do, you know that right?

>The Bug
>Phenomenomenon one Phenomenomenon one Phenomenomenon one

Burgers don't claim that you have to be a beatnick in the village to appreciate The Velvet Underground. You don't have to be a coked up chav to understand Burial or The Bug.

i can tell that from the fact you're speaking german you utter mong
whats the point of this post

>p4k phase
>look mom, I don't go outside so I think internet forums and music critics are the only way people discover music

Again, good for you. But you're exactly the kind of fan which British producers absolutely loathe, because you're a consumer with zero appreciation for the culture and environment it was born out of. You're so fucking entitled, its no wonder some of the british posters on here don't think you deserve to listen to our music

>You don't have to be a coked up chav to understand Burial or The Bug
ummm, AKSHUALLY sweaty

You don't, but those are bad examples because your average coked up chav won't have heard of burial or the bug (although there's a chance they might've heard SKENG). I was simply saying that so much of their appeal hinges on their cultural relevancy, a culture which is completely alien to Americans that for them its more like looking into an alien world, whereas for us it feels more localised and personal.

I think your example of specifically south bank to understand is a bit OTT, but yeah it does help to listening to it while walking around a council estate in the rain

This thread is the biggest waste of time I've seen today. No one cares that you don't like it op, and everyone trying to convince op that he's a fag is talking to a brick wall with autism.

oof

>your example of specifically southbank to understand is a bit OTT
lol maybe, but its the best point of reference for me. Back in my teenage years I'd skate there damn near everyday, rain or shine, and I'd have Burial on constant repeat so both the place and the atmosphere of the music have a very intertwined nostalgia to them

From what I get from this album is that it deals with the basic positive emotions that average young people have. It's not something pretty though. Since they don't require joy, only pleasure, they are only able to experience joyful emotions subconsciously. Without being conscious, these emotions don't involve any depth, taste, or any aspect of beauty, only a sense of protection from the lack of individual stability. This album is not a study about these kinds of emotions, but a cheesy and stilted way of spoonfeeding and idolizing a shallow emotional mindset. It's not at all surprising that this album is this successful.

What a load of pop-psychological wank

There are reasonable ways to argue that this album isn't good, but this isn't one of them. Talking about the "emotions" of a record is not the same as critiquing its content

>t. average young person

You literally said nothing about the music while shitting all over it. Either point to concrete examples of how these shallow emotions are manifest in the musical content, or fuck off. For someone who claims to be an old geezer, your capacity for legitimate criticism seems desperately immature

You are being very defensive of the fact that you have never consciously experienced joy.

And you are dodging the question. Either post legit criticism that isn't unfalsifiable psychoanalytic garbage wholly unrelated to the music, or fuck off

Not TVU, but you def need to have an understanding of blues music to truly get Blind Joe Death.

>the rest of the criticism in thid thread
Americanocentrism is strong on this board. Dance musicreally isn't worth talking about outside of /bleep/, let US soyboys circlejerk over Aphex Twin and OPN in peace.

I love it
But the Kindred & Traunt / Rough Sleeper EPs are better

Americans suffer an existential crisis every time they stumble upon a culture that their markets haven't spoonfed them.

>it deals with the basic positive emotions that average young people have
except that isn't at all what it's about

>OP makes a claim that Brits act a certain way
>Brits argue with OP by acting exactly the way he described
Nice

This is probably my least favorite burial album but it is still quality friend. why are you angry

>OP acts like an entitled child
>OP gets mad when people call him an entitled child
Nice

i dunno friends im not british but i like it probably because it sounds good and it makes me feel things that i enjoy cause its real nice sounding you know like all the songs on the album are like real good

Yeah fair enough it is a good album. I do think it's maybe less accessible to Americans tho

What does entitlement have to do with any of this you dumb rat

>yeah m8 basic dance beats with some pitch shifted vocals and urban noise samples are totally experimental and inaccessible bruv

I'm not so sure about that. I think what makes the album really work for me is not so much it's indebtedness to UK club music, but the fact that Burial is really good at expressing emotions of longing and melancholy, the drums are really unique and have a really unique sound to them, and the way he manipulates vocals is just fantastic.

I can sorta appreciate that to some extent there is that extra layer of UK in it, but on an emotional level it should resonate universally and in terms of the sound and style, it might not be as familiar to Americans or most people outside the UK, but I think the fact that American critics also raved about it (if not as much as UK publications) should say enough.

>I can't stand people liking something I don't

I hate the awful high pitched vocals, absolutely destroys any value this album has
Can someone explain how these vocals aren't grating to the ears??

youtube.com/watch?v=wy1xg4BxuoA

I don't even like this gayass album but come on user. How can you listen to anything if this is too much for you.

>look mom, i listened to The Streets and Skream!

Skream at his best was a million times better than anything Burial has made.