Songs Influenced by Sci-fi/Fantasy Books

Hi Sup Forums
What's your favorite song which is based on Sci-fi/fantasy book ?
I want to compile a little list but apart from first track on pic related can't really think of many

a flower?

Delton 3030
SCIENCE

Anything King Gizzard put out since Mind Fuzz, but especially Nonagon Infinity, Murder of the Universe (it's partly spoken word detailing epic fantasy/sci-fi shit) and Polygondwanaland (takes you on a fucking adventure)

I good chunk of 70s prog

Oh didn't read the OP too well.
It's fantasy shit but not based on a book or something.
Or maybe it is but only Stu knows.

cool thanks, i wanted to check out their stuff anyway

what book is delton based on?

yeah i suspected that much but which ones exactly ?

A lotnof led zeppelin' s lyrics were inspired by lotr

>which ones exactly ?
With Rush (because Neil was such a heavy reader) you'll find a bunch. Soecific examples would be the Necromancer from Caress of Steel (based on Lord of the Rings), 2112 (based on Anthem), as well as Red Barchetta being based on a Sci-fi short story
Yes - Starship Trooper - based on Heinlein
There's a lot more prog that involves Sci-fi and prog but these are the only ones I know that were based on books

there's this band called Manticora, they released an album called Hyperion based on the book Hyperion. it's progressive power metal, so it's shit, but hey, you asked. i liked it some 5 years ago.

that being said, there's also Hyperion by Krallice, which is an awesome little black metal EP, but I have no idea if it's also based on the book.

If you count Poe as fantasy, I guess pic related is one (great) example.

I may be mistaken but i heard somewhere that bowie's pretty things is a tribute to childhoods end

Jeff Wayne's musical version of war of the worlds

>deep purple - the mule
Based on a character "mule" from asimov's foundation series

The entire album is based on the life and work of H. P. Lovecraft

Dune has inspired both Grimes (everything on Geidi Primes) and Iron Maiden (To Tame A Land).

Maybe they should both collaborate with Sting on the forthcoming new film. That would annoy literally everyone which makes it irresistible to me.

There's that song by Camel that's inspired by The Lord of the Rings. Also a whole album by Blind Guardian.

Anything by Rick Wakeman

As well as Watcher of the Skies, Pink Floyd's Childhood's End and Van der Graaf Generator's Childlike Faith in Childhood's End are both based on Childhood's End

The Sprawl, as well as quite a bit of other Sonic Youth is based off Phillip K. Dick's work.

There's this one Maiden song about Dune. The lyrics aren't that good but the guitar and bass are britty good.