Scary monsters > Low

Scary monsters > Low

Lodger

no

Scary Monsters > all other Bowie albums

Wrong

Low > Scary Monsters > Hunky Dory

I'm happy, hope you're happy too.

Alright after hours of reflection here's the new official ranking.

Station to station
The rise and fall of Ziggy Stardust
Hunky Dory
Heroes
Scary monsters
Low
Aladdin sane
This is undebatable so keep your complaints to yourself.

only right about StS, rest of the list is bait-tier

Am I really the only person who prefers "Heroes"?

I'VE NEVER DONE GOOD THINGS
I'VE NEVER DONE BAD THINGS
I'VE NEVER ANYTHING OUT OF THE BLUE

nope

ashes to ashes
fun to funky
we know major tom's a junky
strung out in heaven's high
hitting an all time low

the ashes to ashes video is great.

This is one of the worst posts I've ever seen

I knew i was smart but i didn't expect my complex music taste to confuse brainlets this much.

Lodger

got some great songs but also has a couple of dodgy tracks

You're a piece of fucking shit

say that to my face yeah and you'd get fucking heemed instantly shut your mouth

jesus fucking christ, do you really think that anyone cares about your ranking? These are Bowie's albums that we're talking about. His career has been criticised over and over. I'd rather read a critic's review when your's doesn't offer any new opinion

play Move On backwards, it sounds like All The Young Dudes!

really? which one?

David Bowie turned marketing into the essence of his art. All great phenomena of popular music, from Elvis Presley to the Beatles, had been, first and foremost, marketing phenomena (just like Coca Cola and Barbie before them); however, Bowie turned that into an art of its own. With Bowie the science of marketing becomes art; art and marketing become one. There were intellectuals who had proclaimed this theory in rebellious terms. Bowie was, in many ways, the heir, no matter how perverted, of Andy Warhol's pop art and of the underground culture of the 1960s. He adopted some of the most blaspheme issues and turned them upside down to make them precisely what they had been designed to fight: a commodity.
Bowie was a protagonist of his times, although a poor musician: to say that Bowie is a musician is like saying that Nero was a harp player (a fact that is technically true, but misleading). Bowie embodies the quintessence of artificial art, raises futulity to paradigm, focuses on the phenomenon rather than the content, makes irrelevant the relevant, and, thus, is the epitome of everything that went wrong with rock music.

Each element of his art is the emblem of a true artistic movement; however, the ensemble of those emblems constitutes no more than a puzzle, no matter how intriguing, of symbols, a roll of incoherent images projected against the wall at twice the speed, a dictionary of terms rather than a poem, and, in the best of hypotheses, a documentary of the cultural fads of his era.

It is clear that what caused sensation was the show, not the music. The show that Bowie set up was undoubtedly in sync with the avantgarde, as it fused theater, mime, cinema, visual art, literature and music. However, Bowie merely recycled what had been going on for years in the British underground, in particular what had been popularized by the psychedelic bands of 1967. And he turned it into a commodity: whichever way you look at his oeuvre, this is the real merit of it.

kill yourself fucking idiot

Station to station
Low
Aladdin Sane
Scary Monsters
Heroes
The rise and fall of Ziggy Stardust
Hunky Dory

>Aladdin Sane
what's your opinion on Zion?

Bowie died of cancer in january 2016.

christ Sup Forums is so unfunny

>Everyone ignoring the chad Late-Career Bowie pick.

No, that's my favorite Bowie album. :)

and 1. Outside

damn I haven't actually heard this before, it's great, don't think it really fits the album's theme as much though

anyway, aladdin sane is a better, more refined version of ziggy, although less "heartfelt" imo

It isn't a complete track, he just goes la la la over Garson's piano, and you can sense a bit of Diamond Dogs in the starting. You're completely right on the Ziggy part.
>less "heartfelt"
I always thought Aladdin Sane had more emotionally driven songs. Well at least the songwriting makes me think so.