breitbart.com/tech/2016/06/10/gawker-media-files-bankruptcy/

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Sup
youtube.com/watch?v=O2pUmuVY37w
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_(file)
gist.github.com/ChimeraCoder/7495794
gawkerblocker.com/index.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How would you react if George Soros funded a suit against Breitbart?

Oh yeah! Best news of the day. I hope other shitty liberal media will follow.

THIS IS A SLIDE THREAD.

boards.Sup Forums.org/pol/thread/76737959#top

THEY ARE SLIDING THIS THREAD

THREAD THEME: youtube.com/watch?v=O2pUmuVY37w

>They are sliding my thread!!

>George Soros funded a suit against Breitbart?
Depend on what they sue them for.

so much butthurt on Sup Forums right now

Everytime you get baited into visiting a "journalism" site, you are inadvertently giving pennies. Even with ad-blockers installed, the company uses visitor statistics to maintain relationships with their advertisers. Windows operating systems have a feature called the "hosts file" that will let you block these websites.

>The Windows Hosts file allows you to define which websites are linked to which IP addresses.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_(file)

Here is how to use it

Notepad
Open with admin privileges.

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
This is where your Hosts file is located. Open "hosts" (does not have an extension) with Notepad. If you utilize Spybot - Search & Destroy, you will see a very long list of unsafe domains already entered here. For your convenience, enter the following lines in at the top:

gist.github.com/ChimeraCoder/7495794
Spacing DOES matter in your host file, so ensure it looks like the example that is already in there. Some similar, clickbait-modelled sites to consider adding:

#Expanded list

127.0.0.1 rockpapershotgun.com
127.0.0.1 polygon.com
127.0.0.1 theverge.com
127.0.0.1 vox.com
127.0.0.1 games.on.net
127.0.0.1 pcgamer.com
127.0.0.1 fortune.com
127.0.0.1 cracked.com
127.0.0.1 neogaf.com
127.0.0.1 polygon.com
127.0.0.1 vice.com
127.0.0.1 wired.co.uk
127.0.0.1 wired.com
127.0.0.1 theverge.com
127.0.0.1 nymag.com
127.0.0.1 huffingtonpost.com
127.0.0.1 salon.com
127.0.0.1 indiewire.com
127.0.0.1 dailymail.co.uk
127.0.0.1 theguardian.com

Save the file. The "Save As" dialog box will appear. Save this as "hosts_new".

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
1) Back in your \etc\ folder, rename your previous "hosts" file to "hosts_backup".
2) Rename the newly created file, "hosts_new.txt" to "hosts"

Congrats, no more accidentally giving pennies and view counts. Chances are, this post will be replied to by a "journalist" from one of Gawker's sites. If unsure, please do your own research.

Ι can imagine Sup Forums banning people for opening related threads.

>hey guys let's post this video of hulk rogan having sex lmao it's so disgusting lol
>heys guys we have no money you're fired

No need to imagine, they are. I watched 10 threads in the course of less than 5 minutes get deleted before 10 posts were reached.

Whats worse- there's non-mod posters reporting these for some reason.

>daily mail

To be fair that's a conservative tabloid. I know you will see some liberal nonsense there, but I wouldn't put it in the same bag as HuffPo, Gawker etc.

Seeing as they employ at least one writer who engages in harassment campaigns, it could very well happen.

I'm also fascinated that some were outraged over the Hogan tapes, yet claimed that The Fappening was just free speech.

>a gawker is somebody who absolutely won't be missed if something happens to him

Heh, nomen est omen.

i really like their website though lifehacker, gizmodo and jalopnik, i even have them on rss google newstand and feedly too bad. Never ever fight with hulk lol.

Daily Mail hosted pro Anita/Brianna Wu articles. They were added for that reason.

What harassment campaign? Something specifically libelous? or is it nothing?

Yeah, but in all fairness, who hasn't? Her sob story about misogyny in the gaming world has been all over the news.

Also, who would you arrest for Fappening leaks?

that list needs to be much longer
for instance at least KOTAKU comes to mind instantly

We did it Sup Forums gawker is finished, soon enough liberal media will be dead.

True, true. Personally though, I don't see any harm in not going there. However, kudos to you for actually reading through the post and replying with words formed into a coherent sentence.

The GitHub link contains all direct, Gawker Media websites.

127.0.0.1 gawker.com
127.0.0.1 gizmodo.com
127.0.0.1 kotaku.com
127.0.0.1 deadspin.com
127.0.0.1 lifehacker.com
127.0.0.1 jalopnik.com
127.0.0.1 io9.com
127.0.0.1 jezebel.com
127.0.0.1 gawkerassets.com
127.0.0.1 img.gawkerassets.com
127.0.0.1 valleywag.gawker.com

I would love to include more, but the post is currently at the character limit. Most of the Sup Forums crowd can't be bothered to look for a post [2/2] in the same thread. I was thinking of linking to

gawkerblocker.com/index.php

But, I don't want people thinking I'm shilling for some website. Maybe I should make a pastebin like the /vg/ threads.

If brietbart engaged in libel, rank hypocrisy, and acted like lying cunts as a general business plan then I would be fine with it.

r8 me

>inb4 muh Aol account

>I'm also fascinated that some were outraged over the Hogan tapes, yet claimed that The Fappening was just free speech.

Who said that? Are you even remembering anything correctly?