Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HtlCpBP6Wrs
youtube.com/watch?v=uwbJGDvAi_4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for Make a Change... Kill Yourself

9th for coldest album on the planet

Speaking of serial killers
youtube.com/watch?v=HtlCpBP6Wrs

what is some 80s delinquent i don't wanna be no suit man metal?

I pity the nu-male who tries to handle this album

every single thrash album

Persefone's Aathma
Ne Obliviscaris' Urn

It's boring and unoriginal. Sludge with occasional blastbeats and bm vocals!? INCONCEIVABLE!?!!11

t. a nu-male who was perturbed by this album

Defenders of the Faith

>Ne Obliviscaris' Urn
Their demo was their only worthwhile release, and all the hype fell short when their debut full length finally came out.

>can't tell the difference between doom and sludge

Best Bolt Thrower?

Realm Of Chaos

>implying that album is doom
sure bro
Realm Of Chaos (Slaves To Darkness), followed by the IVth Crusade

What are you blasting?

Whoops forgot pic

great album

best post on /metal/ so far

I am really unfamiliar with dadrock. Is there any post-1980 hard rock or prog rock or whatever suitable for the discerning mealman?

literally nu man

tool

Do any of you guys like collection update videos? Every few days I spend an hour or two going through the people I'm subscribed to's collection updates. Something nice about seeing what other people are getting in and getting recs.

angery shit

Steven Wilson and associates, but only up to a point, before it all becomes redundant
I think he meant good hard/prog

>Every few days I spend an hour or two going through the people I'm subscribed to's collection updates
female detected

>post-1980 hard rock or prog rock
Umm isn't this a bit too new for dadrock? I think only comes to mind
if you include stuff 1980-1989 then maybe there's something you can listen to half-ironically

Still don't know whether I like this album or not

...For Victory

Any music that's 15 years old or older can be dad rock. All it needs is to be old enough to have been listened by someone who could be a father now.

Kid A is dadrock

Still dont know wheather this album is bretty gud or absolue trash

Then you don't
Holy contrarianism batman

That's taking the term too literally
I assume it usually refers to stuff people associate with their dad's listening habits
Assuming that listening habits usually form in youth, I'd say it's usually something from 25+ years ago

It's a masterpiece on par with the Norwegian classics.

time to depart

it's shit

time to skedaddle

Amazing piece of war metal

GHOULS

SMOOTHSKINS

DEFEND THE CHURCH

NOURISH

9/10

sad shit

not metal fuck off

Realm Chaos
pic related, cool riffs and I like the bit of wankery

Dark Metal is a real genre

I am pretty sure I typed Realm of Chaos. eh, whatever

Mercenary

Fuckin masterpiece is what it is

shut up

how disappointing.

nice!

Not being contrarian it is just my favorite/the best album that's all

666/10

Hello

>it is just my favorite/the best album
sure why not/not a chance

second best

i might concede to this, depending on your choice for first

Any metalheads in the Inland Empire? It'd be cool to organize a record swap or some shit. The metal scene here is somewhere between dead and non-existent.

Isn't that a David Lynch film?

South California

Yeah, but it's also a real place I've lived my whole life. I should probably get around to watching it...

see
>Realm Of Chaos (Slaves To Darkness), followed by the IVth Crusade

what about this bad boy

s'ok, pretty groundbreaking for its time, but not really representative of the band

redpill me on bolt thrower

best metal album of the 2010s

great fucking death metal band with real thick riffs.

>redpill me
Fuck off

Idk man, IVth crusade has it all for me. The riffs, the lyrics, the vocals, even the drums are what I want in a death metal album.

And I agree, I just think that Realm[...] has all of that too, but it has the advantage of having been released first

>but it has the advantage of having been released first
I never understand this argument. It's 2017 mate

THICCCC RIFFFFFFS
youtube.com/watch?v=uwbJGDvAi_4

They kinda have formulatic songwriting... but holy fuck do they hammer it down. And it's better moshing to them live than it is under the headphones desu.

ALSO, their drummer died and they broke up last year. RIP Bolt Thrower.

Not sure I understand this line of thought, what has age got to do with it? I think IVth crusade is as good as it is because the band had refined their sound and progressed entirely to death metal. Don't get me wrong, grindcore is great, but I prefer more death than grind in my death metal

IVth has the advantage of being everything RoC is, only better.

>It's 2017 mate
I'll never understand this argument
I really don't see enough of a difference between those two perfect albums, so I'll pick the one that came first. Seems rather logical to me. Why would I prefer the sequel, even if it's just as good as the original?

you can't see a difference between their sound on Realms of Chaos and IVth? I would understand if it were personal preference but you're bringing age into the play.

it's a good one

redpill me on metal

Don't take it so literal, it's not like I wouldn't notice if you played Realm twice and told me the second time around I was listening to IVth. What I mean is that they're very very similar. It's especially noticeable when comparing both with Warmaster, which has a thinner, less brutal approach to their trademark sound. The production and mix are simultaneously more streamlined and flat, taking a lot of the "meat" out of the music. They fixed that with IVth, but by then it was more of a "return to form" than a step forward.

At least we could agree that they're tied for nº1

This ain't no spoonfeeding general, fuck off.

IT'S JUST LIKE OOOUUUGGHH! AND LIKE GGGRRRRRRRSSSSSHHHHHHHH AND RRRRRATATATATATATATATAT URRRRRHHHHH!

Illud Divinum Insanus >>>>>> Kingdoms Disdained

It's not for you. Don't listen to it, and don't post here. Go away. Never return, never look back.

wish it had Realm's production

is shit

I really want this, but its only in small.
Should I get it for my girlfriend? She doesn't really listen to metal but likes the imagery.

so long as she promises to wear her while you face fuck her and cover it with spit and semen, sure- otherwise I don't see the point

>comparing turds

The fact that so many sites still name the Bolt Thrower as “the greatest or most significant or most influential” death metal band ever only tells you how far death metal still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Death metal critics are still blinded by commercial success. Bolt Thrower sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Death metal critics are often totally ignorant of the metal music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Bolt Thrower did anything worthy of being saved.