For me it's 1988-1990. With the band on the verge of mainstream success...

For me it's 1988-1990. With the band on the verge of mainstream success, I feel the band was at its punk and funkiest best. Anthony was sober and writing great songs. He matched the tempo of the songs by spitting out fast paced rhymes with the usual themes, drugs, girls etc. Check 'Subway To Venus' and 'Sexy Mexican Maid' for his funky slower tempo delivery. Flea was absolutely at his best for me doing what he does best, combining his funk and punk influences on songs like 'Nobody Weird Like Me' and 'Stone Cold Bush', with insanely fast slap bass playing. Whilst new to the band, Chad Smith made an instant connection with Flea, a huge task to keep up with one of the best of all time. See how he drives the song on 'Magic Johnson'. Also new to the band, John Frusciante made a huge impact, he was welcomed into the band and took a role in songwriting, working closely with Kiedis on 'Knock Me Down' and complementing Flea perfectly on 'Pretty Little Ditty'. During Hair Metals height of fame, the Red Hot Chili Peppers were a great original and alternative band who would set the world alight in the coming years.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tA7bKfi8fJk
youtube.com/watch?v=nXWzbsnb638
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretty much, but I liked them with Hillel too.

the live shows from the mothers milk tour are incredible. towards the end its as if frusciante is a totally different guitar player to the one who started the tour cycle. most notably the 1990 show in japan. It really doesn't suprise me that bssm came afterwards.

Hi are you the retard who insists RHCP were never pop rock

That era is peak froosh

Nope, but I am!

And also, I love the OP's comment. Mother's Milk was like a near-renaissance of Alt. Rock meets Funk Metal beauty. It was a halcyon era in which each member shined their absolute creativity like a flame inside an abandoned mansion. OP, I like you.

I think this is a great performance. I wish they still played Stone Cold Bush. Crazy energy
youtube.com/watch?v=tA7bKfi8fJk

The Mothers Milk album and shows really were very good. cool mix of punk,funk and some power metal

I didn't know Will Ferrell was in a band.

Funky desu

youtube.com/watch?v=nXWzbsnb638

>prime RHCP discussed on Sup Forums
wew lads nice surprise

this and the kawasaki japan were my teenage music faps
fucking flea is so tight 5:16 hnnnnnnnnnnnnng

>pic related
fucking kek

this isn't prime tho
i do want to discuss prime tho

what's prime rhcp in your opinion famalam

self titled album
anything with the original line-up

but the only albums with the original lineup were freaky styley and uplift mofo

and also the self titled album

slovak did not play on s/t

Jack Sherman played on the first album. Mostly Hillel's riff but he didn't play on it. I think Cliff Martinez was a good drummer, Blackeyed Blonde and American Ghost Dance are great. More cymbal work than beating the shit out of the snare.

0-0
oh, i guess just uplift mof o party plan and freaky styley then

>pic: Hideo Kojima
BASED