Ethnic minorities general

Welcome: everyone whose nation became part of some bigger empire due to any historical reasons. i.e. Basques, Welsh people, Bretons and any others.

I always wondered how do minorities in Europe treat with their heritage. How do you preserve your languages and culture? Do you even bother with them though?

they are slaves and docile ppl, you need to rebel and be a pain in the ass for oppressors

Do German kingdoms/nations or eastern Prussia count?

I'm from Normandie, and we preserve our heritage by making statues and museums. We have a Norman language (Latin based), but like 5000 people speak it.

We forced the Franks to give us a piece of their land then conquered England, what more do you want from us?

Alri lads

Well, if you mean German sub-ethnicities like Bavarians, Swabians and others, do they really consider themselves as minorities in German country?

To some degree, but not really as a minority. It is more like local patriotism.
Most Bavarians will be proud to be Bavarian and people from the Rhine will be proud of that and their "way of life".

Malagasy descended Black Americans.

Very small, very visible, very prominent. Most people black or white don't know about us.

As a French it is pretty hard to preserve my heritage in Frankistan

Are German dialects still spoken among youth today? Do you think they will survive XXI century?
From what I've heard you have some newspapers in Bavarian dialect and people in Switzerland speak their dialect in daily life really often.

Yes, it seems like the Bavarian accent is still quite strong, I believe the Rhinian, the Bavarian, the Swabian, the Saxonian and the northern accents may have a chance to survive, but most people use standard German and will use them in daily life, but could speak the accent with family and friends.
I sadly don't really speak an accent, the way I speak may be influenced by it tho.

dialects*

>We forced the Franks

Norvegians did it

You're just French LARPing as Nordic

My last name is literally Normand.
You're a faggot.

Lmao you're not a nordic, and you don't know shit about history. This is pretty sad actually
Go back on Google to see what the treaty was about, who made it, why, and what happened before, before making yourself a fool

I'm not denying the huge input of Nordic blood in you be it Saxon or Norvegian

I'm just saying that it is well know that Northmen din't replace the population but settled around Rouen and near the coast in Cotentin

Anyway, if you do look like pic related then you're indeed a Northman

>My last name is literally Normand.

If by Normand you mean "Germanic", then Germanic names are not something unusual in France even in the South

chechen here

White American enslaved by USA here

i'm greek

Antioquian here, fuck C*lombia

Low Saxon is not a dialect. The language will survive in rural areas. We still have children here growing up speaking nothing but Low Saxon and learning German only in school.

Though Frisians are the only Germanic tribe here that don't consider themselves to be German. (Easily confused with East Frisians, who speak Low Saxon and are only Frisians by name today). I'm part Frisian, Danish and a little bit German but I don't really see the first two as nationalities. It's just heritage. Even though I sometimes realize I have a lot more in common with DuTch or Danish people than with Bavarians.
The Sorbs are the last remnants of the huge Slavic population that joined Germany during the Middle Age.

How does it feels to be the subhumans of the most subhuman country!

>Most Bavarians will be proud to be Bavarian
Most bavarians turn to self hate once they leave their cuckshed mountain villages. I remember some 6 year old boy holding a Nintendo Gameboy in his hands for the first time because his parents didnt know how batteries worked.

I didn't mean Low Saxon tho, I meant the dialect they speak in Saxony.

Kek, well I think this kind of people exists everywhere in rural areas.

>I didn't mean Low Saxon tho, I meant the dialect they speak in Saxony.
I know, but you named the northern accents, which is nearly always Low Saxon.

>tfw part of a minority that I hate

What's your name?

C'est pas si grave d'être bregnoule

Nous sommes tous dans le même bateau user

SI!

Tu viens d'où, toi, user?

Know that feel user, just LARP it's what I do

Welsh? Irish? You LARP as an anglo-saxon?

"""English""" but my surname is Scots (Celt)

heh

I'm (half) breton, but I LARP as a pure Frenchman or as a Frank when I'm in a shitpost mood

>tfw living in a country where everyone is a celtic rapebaby LARPing as romans or franks

Northerners are more Frankish and Southerners are more Roman

What's the problem?

Je suis un Franc de Pannonie... Ma Francia Pannonica me manque...

What's wrong with being Breton? You're the go-to authority for all things cider and galette

They're antifa progressive cucks.

I can't respect them. I just can't.

Isn't everyone in France an antifa progressive cuck tho

D'ailleurs, c'est quoi tes dernières trouvailles?

Les poitevins-deux-sévriens sont-ils francs?

No, I'm not.

Brittany is literally the most SJW region of France.

noble halling blood seethe through my veins

I meant the dialect they speak in Kiel etc. Is that Low Saxon?

I thought it would be the South where all the muzzies are

The right (''conservatives'' and '''''nationalists'''''''') is very popular in South-East.

There are not ethnic minorities in Spain. We are all from different meme nations which were either unable to be relevant and decided to join with other kingdoms or were conquered by castillians or Aragonese. The only minority I could think about are the gypos but they dont count as human beings.

am 33%+- gypsy

dont really give a fuck i just live like any other slow vak but sometimes attend big gypsy celebrations, sometimes listen to gypsy music and can make gypsy jokes without the 50/50 chance of it sounding wrong

>what are the basques

>Brittany is literally the most SJW region of France.

It's not except if brittany is limited to nantes for you

Je n'en ai pas fait beaucoup. Cela dit !

Ma première "découverte" est que le terme "franc",entant que groupe ethnique, date de la Renaissance et que ses créateurs sont les Anglais, il faut savoir que jusqu'à une époque très récente(1800-1860) l'historiographie française n'utilisait pas le terme "franc" mais uniquement "français", par exemple, il n'y avait pas de roi des Francs mais un roi des Français, il n'y avait pas de royaume des Francs, mais de royaume des Français, les envahisseurs de la Gaule n'étaient pas des Francs mais des Français, etc.

Aussi !

Je déclare souvent que les Francs se sont installés entre la Loire et le Rhin et qu'ils parlaient la langue d’Oïl, à cause de cette théorie j'avais du mal à expliquer le fait que la langue d’Oïl se soit répandu au-delà de la Loire. Bien que je ne puisse toujours apporter une réponse décisive à ce mystère, j'ai découvert la carte juridique de la France établie par Klimraech(photo relaté).

A l'époque des Mérovingiens et des Carolingiens le droit était personnel, ce qui veut dire qu'un Romain suivait la loi romaine tandis qu'un Franc suivait la loi salique/ripuaire, de ce fait a résulté la création du Pays dit de coutume(inspiré des lois barbares), et du Pays dit de droit écrit(romain), cette division juridique correspond plus ou moins à la division langue d’Oïl/langue d'Oc, la seule exception étant l'Auvergne, mais cela peut être expliquée par le fait qu'elle est adoptée la coutume plus tard comme en témoigne la présence de quelques ilots de droit romain en Auvergne.

En bref, en considérant le principe de droit personnel qui existait à l’époque des Mérovingiens et des Carolingiens, le Pays dit de coutume(minus la Bretagne bretonnante, l'Alsace, et le Flandre Flamande, et l'Auvergne) peut-être considéré comme le territoire peuplé par les Francs.

>Les poitevins-deux-sévriens sont-ils francs?
Oui

Lad, most bretons see the fucking FN as the NSDAP

As I said before they are not the only nation among the Spanish kingdom. There is not a real majority in Spain, not even the castillians are a majority.

>autisme

>Les poitevins-deux-sévriens sont-ils francs?

Vraiment ? C'est tout à l'Ouest, pourtant...

MES ANCETRES :)

So for you not voting FN = SJW ?

wew

Been there done that.
Now we have our own country :)
Fuck the commonwealth

Nah. Actually, it's not even a far-right party.

But hating it because 'huuur duuur bash the fash, fuck fascists, racists n nazis, no pasaran, refugees welcome!!!' is a sign of mental illness.

I'm from brittany and I met way more antifa outside than within brittany.

Saw a lot especially in Paris and Dijon.

J'ai aussi découvert qu'un linguiste allemand a reconstitué le vieux-francique(bien que je doute que son historicité).

Finalement, j'ai découvert diverses sources antiques allant dans mon sens.

Québécois reporting in

>Dijon

Even fucking Bourgogne?

We're screwed.

ça n'existe pas en français, je suppose...? :^(

Non

Et il est vendu uniquement sur amazon .de

Je pense apprendre l'allemand, tâche difficile considérant mon anti-germanisme, pour ensuite apprendre le vieux-francique.

Si j'ai le courage, je traduirai,ou résumerai cette grammaire en français.