Could you resist the temptation of the one ring?

Could you resist the temptation of the one ring?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/X1WWCCHM9d8?t=215
lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Uruk-hai
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah

i resist killing myself every day despite having every reason and and overwhelming desire to
i think i can handle a magic fucking ring kid

Does the ring do anything besides turn you invisible (and crazy)? Pls no bully, I've only seen bits and pieces

yeah well i've now spent eight weeks without a drop of pepsi, so beat that.

oh pepsi, i miss you so much

I mean what does it actually DO except make you invisible?

Why are people going so crazy over it?

It basically amplified your innate magical powers, the hobbits don't have any so all it does is turn them invisible, but if for example Gandalf were to put it on he could really fuck shit up.

So since humans don't have any magical powers it is basically pointless to keep?

Yeah. And I would put it on my penis so no one would know I have it.

No, im a man with faults and bad habits. I can only imagine what its like to be tempted by something like the ring.The ring consumes your mind and makes it crave and need the it, like all of your addictions X1000.

what the ring actually does isn't really explained and at best you're just going to get a bunch of vague non answers that tolkien autists will defend

and why the fuck does it make you invisible? and what about all the other rings, we never see any

the one ring is a metaphor for sweet pussy

The invisibility thing is only for hobbits, because they don't really have any desires, which is why they were the ones who had to take the ring
Men would get corrupted to fuck and would inevitably want to take the ring back to Sauron, but that sort of begs the question what would happen if the ring existed in a world that Sauron didn't. Could it even?

Because of Trump?

I get you, but fuck that man. We are not liberal cucks who protest everything because 'muh morality". Remember when they refused to eat Chick Fil A? Thats what we seem like when we refuse pepsi.

Don't do it man, do what you want, fuck the system.

It's very easy when you're as lazy and unambitious as me.

Those two enchantments don't seem to fit together I mean Sauron wore the ring and he was never invisible. Plus how did he create it? I mean there's a part of him in the ring but crafting a full elf into a ring won't make its user invisible.

A man would basically turn into Marv El.

Nah probably not. I'd be killing hobbits left right and center to get my hands on it.

So they don't feel desires like hunger or thirst? I always thought they just had more willpower than humans. I mean they could use it as penis ring but Frodo and Bilbo clearly craved it after a few uses.

It allows you to dominate the will of others, or turn invisible if you're weak and a coward.

Nope they'd turn into the king of ringwraiths.

oh no as much as i love trump pepsi ranks way higher. i'm just trying to get ripped. might be a new experience to actually not be made of dough

I have resisted sex for 33 years

I always thought that they had desires but were just more naturally pure of heart compared to men.

Of course they do, I'm talking worldly desires like fame and glory and shit. They're just so fucking happy with their little lives they couldn't give a shit about the power the ring could give them, so it essentially gives them nothing

So... Marv El.

>resisted

It would rather interest me how the ring would affect Uruks or Orcs. Since they're already twisted by the magic of Sauron, would they be able to resist it better? Or worse?

sex has resisted you

but isildur tried to use the ring to escape the ambush by becoming invisible

so the rings makes one invisibile

my guess is that this was one of the powers of the ring, the fact that sauron didn't became invisible was because he could control the ring's powers. So in the battle he wanted to show himself, but if he wanted not to, he could've become invisible.

But anyway between the greats, invisible or not, you would only not be seen by plebs, because powerful elves or wizards would see (sense) you nonetheless

Can you win against cock?

from what i remember the whole invisibility thing with the one ring is due to the ring bringing the wearer into the 'wraith dimension' or something like that

the elves are like half in the wraith world and half in the regular world

I'm most fascinated by how the ring can fit on sauron's giant hand and frodo's tiny hobbit hand equally well

Tell that Smeagul. Hobbits are harder to corrupt, that's why Gandalf let Frodo have it. I mean literally anyone would've been more fitting to do such a trip. But they also could've placed the ring into a block of iron or something, nobody would've been able to use it so easily.

Just lock it away in your vaults. Not to be used. Unless at the uttermost end of need.

I have bad self control so no

smeagul isnt really a hobbit, he's something else

Magic.

Hobbits' magic allows them to go undetected.

Really? I thought he was but then was corrupted by the ring or something.

What would happen if it expanded and could fit on your dick? Would your dick become the One Dick to rule them all? (serious question)

I'm a fat cunt that can't resist cake so no I don't think I'd resist the ring.

he was sort of like a hobbit but not exactly, from what i remember

he didn't live in the shire, he grew up in some very small family village somewhere

Considering that the didn't turn the holder's finger into the one who this and that, no.

kek

No, none of us could. Maybe for brief moments like Aragorn but given it for a long time we'd all succumb to it. Not trying to sound pessimistic that's just how it works.

Technically no since its impossible for a normal man to withstand the temptation of the rings power.

The only ones able to are people who have better magic affinity like Gandalf and Aragorn but even they knew that carrying the ring would eventually turn them. The hobbits were able to because of their relative innocence along with Frodo's inherent character.

the ring was pure evil

but could have Manwë resisted it? and Olorin in his valinor form?

He was a subspecies of hobbit that lives along the river. Physically they were just like shire hobbits

ganddalf isn't a man though, right? i don't know much about lotr but i think all the wizards are angels or some shit

Personally I have no clue, but even then he was tempted too so it literally had control over all life that was tilted at all towards darkness.

Wizards are maiar, a lesser sort of angel.

The balrog, Sauron, Saruman, the Goblin King, Gandalf, they are all maiar.

High angels are called valar. They are never seen in the movies.

Here have some user

Literally answered in the first scene of the first movie.

youtu.be/X1WWCCHM9d8?t=215

what about faramir?

because when tolkein wrote the hobbit it was an invisibility ring and he only decided to change it into the ultimate ring of power and corruption or whatever later

>Manwë
Yes, considering he was a Vala and Sauron only a Maia.

>that first sip of the day

Faramir just does not want the ring in his proximity, he understands he too will fall under its corruption.

This is explained better in the book. I still don't understand why they changed him in the movie.

why arent all the other rings you saw getting forged at the start featured in the movies? do they give you diferent abilities lioke that jackie chan cartoon?

>begs the question
no it doesn't reeeeeeeeeeeeee

>grab ring
>take to Sauron so he can win
>all ask for in return is for him to breed a female Uruk Hai harem for me

>asking sauron to breed uruk hai
>they were saruman's creation you dingus

The ringwraiths are the kings from the beginning and they're still wearing them

lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Uruk-hai
>Translations around the world
>that russian translation

oof...

Well how about some nice goblin gals, no problem there right?

oh fuck you guys

I havent had a soft drink or chocolate in 5 years

not at all

No one here could resist the ring. It's magical, it drives even the kindest of people mad (as seen with Boromir and Smeagol).

he could do you a goblin harem

Nope. I am horrible at resisting the lure of power.

I actually prefer the change. Especially in the extended edition with the flashback to Gondor. He wants to bring the ring to his father so that he can finally get the love and respect he wants from him.

Could tom bombadil wear the ring without succumbing to it

tom bombadil does whatever the FUCK he wants

Why didn't Galadriel just riverdance to mt doom with the ring?

>find a dead body
>put the ring on it
>carry it to mt doom
>chuck it in

Its effect is based on the wearer. It would have a different effect if a truly powerful being like one of the maia got hold of it.

I would almost argue that the evil and power of Sauron (and by extension, the One Ring) is so powerful, it could raise the dead and corrupt that vessel and still be a badass killing machine.

Then just put it on a severed hand, or even a sausage.

Nah, I would be corrupted straight away. A chance at actually having power and influence in my life? Fuck yes. Even if I failed and I turned into a wraith atleast I would stop being such a fucking loser

Why not just tie it around your neck like a necklace?

They did that.

Couldn't they just have forged some metal in the middle of very hard steel which they could not remove?

On humanoids, all it seems to do is brainwash them, dwarves being a notable exception ironically.

Probably.

What happens if you were to slip it over your sausage, all the way to the base? Does Tolkien ever elaborate on this?

It would turn your dick invisible so no change in your case.

It would be extremely painful

Dude, if your dick is as small as a hobbit finger, you should just cut it off and toss it into mt doom right now.

No.
I hope I can aid the carrier, but should never be trusted with it.

the ring can change it's size so it would probably get smaller and smaller until it severed your dick, but i guess you'd like that sissyboy

>make it into a cock ring
>Sauron won't want it anymore

Brilliant

>Sauron won't want it anymore

where do you think he wore it in the first place?

What if it got larger and larger instead?

Then it'd pretty much immediately fall off of your dick.

then it would fall off

What if you used glue?

he was a stoor