Is he the most overrated artist of all time?

Is he the most overrated artist of all time?

Who?

>wearing sunglasses indoors while receiving the presidential medal of freedom
based dylan

bob dylo

Obama

Yes and the #1 worst nigger president of all times.

>44
is this a conspiricy? also he was the only one, and he was p decent dude ;p

Obama is not an artist but yeah he is kinda overrated

dylan or obama? I'd say yes in both cases.

>worst nigger president

By that logic also the best

>he was p decent dude
That's what they want you to think

Bob Dylan to music, is what Jerry Seinfeld is to comedy.

who's entire career was making art?
jesus chris

Whose*

David Foster Wallace doesn't have a Nobel prize in literature but he does. I mean regardless of your take on DFW, one wrote a thousand page opus, the other is know for having lyrical songs. Baby Boomers, ladies and gentlemen!

Wallace would have eventually won if he hadn't pussied out of life

He didn't pussy out, he secretly thought he was too good to be here.

Reading people fawning obsessively over something as mediocre as "Tombstone Blues" is pretty funny but I don't know how overrated he is overall.

Number of people who talk about how much they love Dylan > Number of people who actually regularly listen to Dylan

I do neither

The only records of his I really like are Blonde On Blonde and Oh Mercy.

Someone reccd me blonde on blonde fucking hell I did not like it there were only maybe a few bearable songs on that album

>muh g, c, f chord strumming
>muh poetry
>muh artsy voice

I can think of someone who might disagree with you...

Honestly his poetry and singing are not that great from the stuff off of Highway 61 Revisited I've listened to. "Like a Rolling Stone" and "Ballad of a Thin Man" are good, but the rest floats intermittently between annoyingly cryptic word salad and eye-rollingly obvious social commentary. He didn't seem to have a mind for balancing or blending them in an effective way, and I can't quite understand why people masturbate so furiously to his material. Is this because I'm not in my 70s?

He might be overrated but he's still one of the best and most influential artists of all time

OP has NO TALENT
HE'S WASHED UP
HE SUCKS

I listen to him as well as Cohen and Van Zandt regularly and still prefer him over the other two, which seems to be a mortal sin in the eyes of the people here. I understand why people dislike him though.
Have you only listened to Highway 61? I agree with you with pretty much everything you said but replace everything he wrote with only Highway 61. People jerk off to it so much and I still can't see why bar Like A Rolling Stone/Ballad Of a Thin Man. Half the album feels like blatant filler.

Yeah I just started listening to Dylan. This album reminds me of what Rain Dogs would sound like if Tom Waits didn't understand and love blues and rock with the passion he did. It's kind of bland stuff.

yeah the nobel prize was a mistake

Blood on the Tracks might be more your speed. Less word salad, not really any social commentary, and it's mostly acoustic.

I don't mind word salad OR social commentary when they don't defeat one another. I like when Kevin Barnes throws a thesaurus at my head and demands I keep up. And I generally like Roger Waters preaching like a jackass. But there's something about the distinct lack of meaning occasionally embued with political messages that I find pointless and fatiguing. I'd probably appreciate his more direct protest music.

>obama ain't an artists

lol american brainlets

Seinfeld is a fucking genius.

no he's not

The smugness on his face. He's like ''Just another day.''