What does Sup Forums think about Zizek's "perverts guide to..." documentaries?

What does Sup Forums think about Zizek's "perverts guide to..." documentaries?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qfgnAU-6Tvo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy:_The_God_That_Failed
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man,_Economy,_and_State
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economics_in_One_Lesson
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bell_Curve
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Machinery_of_Freedom
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Perverts guide to ideology is essential viewing.
Perverts guide to cinema I think is a more charming documentary however

Favorite Žižek quotes?
>"I think today, there are two sins: Pedophilia and smoking. I don't smoke."

Completely agree.
Ideology is essential viewing.
I'd only recommend Cinema if you enjoyed Ideology.

*sniff*

lol

i really enjoyed ideology. The bit on Beethoven in clockwork orange is one of my favourite things zizek has done

and so on and so forth

Only got halfway through Ideology, just felt way too heavy for me, I'd like to get into it but was having a hard time following him. Loved the first part about They Live but got lost pretty quick.

Is this normal or am I just a pleb? Wouldn't surprise me.

> "My relationship towards tulips is inherently Lynchian. I think they are disgusting. Just imagine. Aren’t these some kind of, how do you call it, vagina dentata, dental vaginas threatening to swallow you? I think that flowers are something inherently disgusting. I mean, are people aware what a horrible thing these flowers are? I mean, basically it’s an open invitation to all insects and bees, “Come and screw me,” you know? I think that flowers should be forbidden to children."

>he supports trump
Talk about being a retard alt-righter Sup Forums browsing scum

here he gets BTFO by based al jazeera journalist:
youtube.com/watch?v=qfgnAU-6Tvo

Why do marxists still exist?

Why?

They don't even accept genetics and evolution as fact.

This communist faggot should just kill himself.

>Hegelian Marxists can now be alt-right
We have reached peak postmodernism

This guy doesn't understand historical materialism
And I'm not even say Marx is right

that interviewer is terrible

I like them.

What he said on Titanic made me look at it in a different way.

>interviewer misses the point completely
lmao

I'm embaressed to say but I can't get beyond his speech disorder

Historical materialism is a joke.

I can't believe people who deny evolution and it's effect on human nature exist and call themselves intellectuals.

All marxists can say is hurr you don't understand durr. Yes we do you just don't have an argument.

I'm only parroting what others have said in response to that videos but really the interviewer, in being pretty thick, is actually provoking Zizek into having to develop his argument and explains its development as he goes, which is only ever a good thing. Far better that than they both just agree and the discussion is over.

>Talk about being a retard alt-righter Sup Forums browsing scum
8 years of asspain 4u

Not reading all that, but just from the start it's in contradiction with the pic you posted earlier. And then again my point was that guy didn0t understand historical materialism (or was purposefully misrepresenting it for political purposes). Then again I'm not really defending the doctrine in the first place.

And that's the real tragedy of places like Sup Forums where everything it's good as long it goes against what I go against.

This is such a ridiculous and gross misreading of Marx, holy shit.

No shit it would be hard to grasp that people can be Marxist if what your polack infographics had to say about him was true.

>This is such a ridiculous and gross misreading of Marx, holy shit.
Oh really.
Care to explain why?

Face it, marx was an embarrassing loser.

How can you take an ideology that doesn't accept human nature/genetics/instincts seriously?

See above.
Marx was a greasy neet faggot.

These people are like creationists or scientologists.

I'd really prefer that you actually read his works instead of reading Sup Forums infographics about him.

In short, historical materialism is a guideline for understanding societal change, and not a scientific theory - the strawman your idiotic pol-pics are attacking.

>These people are like creationists or scientologists.

funny because you're acting exactly like fundie with infographics about the dangers of rock and roll

The fun part is the Karl Popper would enough to put Marxism in a philosophical shamble, but he's a liberal jew so it wouldn't the usual narrative about judeocommunism

>The fun part is that Karl Popper would be enough to put Marxism in a philosophical shamble, but he's a liberal jew so it wouldn't fit the usual narrative about judeocommunism

I need to proofread when I post

>I'd really prefer that you actually read his works
Here we go again.
You people are embarrassing, seriously.

>You can't criticize L. Ron Hubbard unless you read every single one of his books

I can't just get the summary?

Every single fucking marxist says something like "you don't understand marx" when they get cornered, it's hilarious.

>historical materialism is a guideline for understanding societal change
Of course it is. It's based off fallacies and contradictions, rendering it completely useless.

>and not a scientific theory
Good, at least you agree it should be completely thrown in the garbage then. It's not science at all.
Even though marxists constantly call their ideology scientific.

>infographics about the dangers of rock and roll
LMAO
Holy FUCK you are grasping at straws.
Your ideology gets BTFO by images which dismantle it on an intellectual level and you're somehow comparing it to "fearmongering".

What an intellectually bankrupt waste of life you are. You don't have any argument.

Meme philosopher. Read a fucking book.

>marxists
>reading
lol

>Your ideology gets BTFO by images which dismantle it on an intellectual level

It's not my ideology, it's not being "BTFO" (who the fuck talks like this?). I don't argument here since I don't have a horse in the race. You sterted throwing insults once someone pointed out your pretty immages you collected are missing their mark

Once again:
>that's the real tragedy of places like Sup Forums where everything it's good as long it goes against what I go against.

Except he keeps interrupting and belittling Zizek. Eventually Zizek gets somewhere, but much slower and with much more anxiety than he would have otherwise. The guy's not challenging, he's petulant.

>It's not my ideology
It probably is by the way you're defending it.

>(who the fuck talks like this?)
People on this website. Go back to plebbit.

You don't even know what marxism is.
Very typical for your average marxist.

You're a legit retard.
I would defend Aquinas proof of God's existence if they were being misrepresented, that doesn't make me a christian.

This type of militant partisanship (especially from teens) is intellectual poison.

I am always looking on YouTube for new Zizek videos

>misrepresented
Yet you haven't explained why you think marx is being misrepresented.

who do you support and back it with arguments.

Marxism would work if you guys weren't such shitlords

for example because you're pics contradict with one another on what historical materialism actually is.
But you don't give a shit otherwise you would have noticed. What's important it's they're "bullets" against some internet enemy. Reason and logic here are being already subjugated by political purposes.

And I as I said before Karl Popper actually moved the most precise criticism against Marxism, but again he's liberal jew and not a meme youtuber.

Michael go home

>for example because you're pics contradict with one another on what historical materialism actually is.
How? lmao

Again, you have nothing.

he isn't pro-Trump because he likes Trump, idiots.

he sees it as a protest vote that will shake up the Democratic Party and move it further to the left. He was for Bernie, as were most leftist Trump voters.

Look there's no point in arguing with you, (or with anyone who's already convinced of something). I'm out

Now you can go Sup Forums and brag about "BTFOing" a marxist cuck, and honestly I don't give a shit.

>Look there's no point in arguing with you,
Well there would be if you actually brought forth an actual argument.

You're boring me.

>Now you can go Sup Forums and brag about "BTFOing" a marxist cuck, and honestly I don't give a shit.
Stay angry at having no argument whatsoever.

I'm not a marxist but i do enjoy his docs. I've started reading manufacturing consent and media control by chomsky. Anything form the right you'd recommend?

>I've started reading manufacturing consent and media control by chomsky.
Those are pretty shitty.

>Anything form the right you'd recommend?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy:_The_God_That_Failed
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man,_Economy,_and_State
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economics_in_One_Lesson
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bell_Curve
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Machinery_of_Freedom