Do you approve of the casting of Death Note?

Do you approve of the casting of Death Note?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m61PAUcXtRs
youtube.com/watch?v=Riz04Lfpuqo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how did you manage to make that picture in the most retarded way possible
you could have done actors top cartoons bottom or vice versa
what the actual fuck is wrong with you?

JUST DIVERSIFY MY SHIT UP SENPAI

Was it the black guy that triggered you so much?

lmao Americlaps

>only asian actor plays the old man
>main character that looks asian as fuck is played by a black guy
Does 'diversity' ever benefit anyone but black guys and white women?
Even in The Martian they replaced the indian guy with a black guy and the asian girl with a white girl.

No i do not

That misa is horriffic

WE

>main character that looks asian as fuck
>L
>asian as fuck

L will be charismatic
Misa will be smart

Calling it now

Isn't L supposed to be like ghostly pale?

This is blackwashing. Why isn't social media on fire?

Asians are invisible. They don't shout or cause a commotion like blacks do. So why should anyone give a fuck about them?

>Light will be the edgy school shooter
Sup Forums is right

L was charismatic
Misa was smart

>evil characters white
>good characters black and asian

thanks progress

Affirmative Action was a mistake.

Seeing more Margaret Qualley is never a bad thing

>evil

>Raito is supposed to be 11/10 ultra Chad
>cast a pasty fuccboi
Somehow this makes me angrier than nigra L

Should've been Big Zac desu

I couldn't care less if L was a nigger tbqh

As long as he plays a good L

I'm all for movies with diverse casts, but why is a black dude playing an Asian dude?

It's all so tiresome

Is this real? I mean how do you fuck this up? Its literally look at photos of My Chemical Romance band members, add in some Sherlock Holmes elements and bring in a consultant from Hot Topic to keep things relatively 2017.

Its not supposed to be a bland multiculturalism experiment that cost 200k to film and cash in on the anime pedigree.

This is legitimately one of the greatest works in animation ever and I don't care what people are going to say about that statement and call me a weeaboo or fag, its whatever. This deserved an Oscar winning level cast and director, what a shame, yet another Avatar in the making, fuck Hollywood and its utter disrespect for anime and Asian cinema.

>no recasting base kenichi matsuyama
Literally the perfect actor for L ever

JEW THIE IS JEWISH TRASH AH FUCKING KIKES FUCK AMERIKEKOLD FUCKIBG JEWISH GOLEM STATE FUCK THAT FUCKING NEOBRAZIL MUTT NONCOUNTRY FUCKING KIKES AAAAAH

feels good

Niggers can't be remotely intelligent
The intelligence scale goes like this:

Asian Men
Asian Women
White Men
White Women
Other Races Men
Other Races Women
[GAP]
Niggers in general

Trust me I'm an expert in race

Too much of Sup Forums thinks race and acting ability are somehow linked.

I do share concern that they'll portray light as an edgy emo school shooter, and L as a charismatic people person and misa as a smart/sassy "anything you can do, I can do better" type.

None of that has to do with the actors race though guys keep Sup Forums in its echo chamber

>white people play the evil characters
>black and asian play the good guys

reddit approved

harry osborn.

he has the build is pale and has already the eye circles. also he is totally capable of creep playing

he would have been perfect

>asians
>intelligent
They are good at math but that's it.

This

>Light

>Not Evan Peters

>L

>Not young Nicholas Hoult

>Misa

>Not Emma Roberts

It's gonna suck

>Misa was smart

I'll wait until they export the musical stage version
Which is a real thing if you didn't know

Well, she found Kira before L. And she survived.

There is no debate - Light was evil. The entire point was whilst you may have agreed with him at the start, the story follows him become an insane serial killer.

The tracks I've heard are actually really good.

I'm not convinced how good anything else would be though. I remember seeing webms of the Persona 3 stage production... I can't believe it's a thing.

>And she survived.
Well, the last scene of the anime is her killing herself IIRC.

>Light is evil
>Light is insane
Reddit leave

Light needs to look more like a pretty-boy. It's part of his character that his looks assists him in his psychopathic endeavors.

Supporting the killing of criminals, and supporting Light are very different things.

>meme arrows
>reddit

good arguments, now fuck off edgelord

That was Mikami, not Misa.

also
>watching the anime
lmao

i was skeptical but the black guy was good in atlanta so he'll probably be fine although i doubt he is actually L and not just the criminal who L pretends to be to bait out Kira

but Light was completely miscast I'll add

>the criminal who L pretends to be to bait out Kira
So Lind L. Tailor is Lind Leron Tailor now?

L aside, Light looks like shit, neither handsome nor intelligent-looking enough.

Misa doesn't look enough like a dumb bimbo.

Gotta disagree with you there

youtube.com/watch?v=m61PAUcXtRs

She just closed her eyes. Also that's not in the manga.

Do manga readers not know what inferring is?

>Well, she found Kira before L

But thanks to the eyes.

FUCKING NIGGERS EVEN RUINING MY ANIME NOW GOD FUCKING DAMN FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFDF

Do anime watchers know how retarded Death Note anime is? Because the ending is pants in the head retarded. Mikami started sprinkling blood blood everywhere for a pen stab and half-dead Light ran away to have homoerotic thoughts about L.

Also thinking she fucking killed herself for closing her eyes is one huge jump of thought out of fucking nowhere.

Are manga readers genuinely this retarded?

>every single time someone close their eyes at great height it is because they are going to fucking kill themselves
t. user

You were a mistake, your mom should have swallowed.

The girl playing Misa looks like a more attractive Emma Roberts.

Black haired pale neet can pass white or japanese, but no black.

Honestly? This sounds perfect.

Been years since I read it, but doesn't the manga end with her making an altar to Kira that many people come and visit?

>1 black
>1

where's the diversity you shitlord

I think it was confirmed that she wasn't Misa.

L is a Brit though.

Just don't watch it and it will flop

And then they will finally stop

You can save your precious anime by simply ignoring the problem (Hollywood) until it goes away

Hottest girl in Hollywood desu w u lad

Maybe you should rewatch it. everything after those two bitch kids show up is really bad.

>lol I had one of my guys copy Mikami's notebook word for word, pen stroke for pen stroke replicating the page bends, natural wear and tear as well as any other deformities all in 24 hours so perfectly a notorious autist who checks it with a microscope every day was fooled, so boku no kaichi da, kira! :^)

LITERALLY the most retarded ending to any fictional work I've ever seen

Live action just cannot capture this effectively.

youtube.com/watch?v=Riz04Lfpuqo

Youd didn't read the manga, right? When Near got the Death Note he wrote Mikami's death so he wouldn't notice. That's why he suicided soon after.

Too old!

So, a white guy kills the black guy?

Yeah no way this is gonna fly

An idea of a movie is really promising; short, sweet, and to the point. My biggest grip with the anime is as good as it started it got really boring as it went along.

Maybe they'll use the japanese live-action ending.

>he wrote Mikami's death

That was never specifically stated. If I remember right Matsuda Bronze Medal only speculated that's what happened.

>Matsuda Bronze Medal only speculated that's what happened
Yes, but it has more sense than just this so it makes it canon.

I didn't realize.

I loved the beginning and end sequences, but it does drag in the middle.

It's impressive how the writing and music kept the show so gripping, even though the animation was so simple (some might even say just plane bad).

>more sense than just this
Not in the context of that manga. It's Death Note, the more needlessly difficult and elaborate plan was always the one that was chosen.

How isn't Masuda's theory not a needlessly difficult and elaborate plan?

It'll work if they make it seem REALLY edgy and groundbreaking

because no white has ever outsmarted a black guy before

Excuse me? Light did literally nothing wrong. L is the evil one, along with the task force trying to stop the one person who actually brought about world peace. Seriously. Light is the good guy.

First of all, L is supposed to be intelligent.
Also the grill was a dolled up petite bimbo from what I can remember.

I just hope that GITS is gonna be a complete clusterfuck.

shit/10

Because Matsuda thought of it.

She had seemingly random moments of genius in the show that were pretty inconsistent with her character.

Matsuda became an intelligent man throught the series.

Yes, that is true but I'm pretty sure she didn't have the 1000 cock stare this actress has.
It was as if being pretty was her mask.

He was genuinely shocked Light was Kira.

>Not realizing that the loudest people who throw the biggest fit always get their way.
Just look at why people are assholes in retail/grocery stores over the tiniest things, because they embarass some poor sap who then gives them what they want to get them to leave.

>Manlet

""""""Big"""""" zac

Because he was his friend. Also his theory was developed 1 year after that.

>It was as if being pretty was her mask.

That's the notion you're supposed to be left with unfortunately it is poorly framed by the source material itself.

She was smart, she was just an idiot for Rightu.

why is L a nigger?

She was polarized between tactical genius and dumb hoe in service to writers' whims, not natural for an actual human being.

Because blacks are known for their tactical intelligence and rational thinking.

I agree that the character would benefit from a consistent performance.

Light looks like a high school mass school shooter. He's supposed to be incredibly pretty, like Zac Efron or a young Leonardo Dicaprio. An appearance, along with his extreme intelligence and popularity, that makes people believe that Light would be the last person commiting mass murder of criminals. Also, why is L Black? He wasn't even Japanese in the anime, he was British. There's literally tons of British White Male actors that can play the part.

>L
>main character

She was smart when motivated, but Light was her only motivation. And was they met Light he did all the thinking work.

desu L's casting is the only one i have no issue with, lights actor though, fuck man hes meant to look perfect.