The bartender is a better counselor than the actual counselor

>the bartender is a better counselor than the actual counselor
lmao

they were both horrible characters

Only good female character in TNG was Ro

I liked guinan

why

she was annoying with her smug magical negro wisdom shtick and added nothing to the show

also how they implied her and Picard have fucked... gross

this is now a guinan thread.

i thought she was fun, and i liked how she antagonised Q.

They never fucked. They just met a long time ago and Guinan was always enigmatic over how and where.

Turns out they met hundreds of years ago when Picard time travelled back to the 19th century to meet Mark Twain.

This episode wasn't even one of their most bizarre ones either.

I just remember some line she had about how close they were and it gave me the creeps

are you saying you wouldn't fug Guinan?

I absolutely hate Caryn Elaine Johnson when she came in I split, and so did my advertising dollars.

Why do you hate Whoopi.

>Whoopi
>(((Goldberg)))

lmao

Guinan is pretty based, I implore you to reconsider and disconnect the character from how crappy Whoopie is currently.

blacks can't be jewish, you silly billy.

ew, no

just imagining her naked makes my penis shrivel up like a raisin

Why doesn't she have eyebrows?

I disliked the character long before Whoopi became a dumb leftist shill on The View

She's just such a pointless character, and dear lord those outfits they had her wear

Would have been very interesting to see Ro on DS9 as was originally planned

>what is Beta Israel

WdaF is wrong with you guys..Caryn is a shit actress and an outspoken androgenic. In short....stop living in the past move on to today.

You know it's not her real name and she actually starting using Goldberg half as a joke about the idea that she'd get more work if she was Jewish

>now you're starting to talk like a doctor, bartender

>the bartender is a better counselor than the actual counselor

Just like real life!

TNG overall was just horrible

I never understood why they didnt fire Troi and replace her with Guinan, she does Trois fucking job

I cannot remember a single instance where Troi gave helpful advice in the series

telepathy used as a major plot device for many episodes

When Lore was secretly sending Data violent emotions, and Troi said he should totally embrace her new murderous thoughts and explore them.

Wait, what's the opposite of "helpful"?

>captain, I sense these klingons are angry

>klingons
>ever not angery
I meant episodes like s4e17

i like the one where she lost her powers for a while. it was amusing to watch a therapist crumble into a depressed self-pitying pile of crap

Guinin was actually a good character and Whoopi is a great actor. Only racists disagree.

no
young picard got her drunk at a party.

yea but 99% of the time all she does is tell the captain that the aliens are acting like they normally act.

Guinan was a stupid, pointless character that was written in only because Whoopi was a fan of the original series and begged them to give her a part on the show

Why the fuck was the half betazoid skank allowed on the bridge? She added nothing.

>They're charging weapons
>Captain I sense hostility

>Come across some weird civilisation that are hard to communicate with
>Captain I can't sense their emotions

Also she tormented Data constantly.

She'd been reading Riker's mind for years and writing down all his negative thoughts, if he ever fired her she'd send it to Picard.

Bitches be crazy.

She can't read exact thoughts though.

In the pilot Troi and Riker can read each other because she taught him somehow, it was never mentioned again.

chad did her so much it created a mind meld.

The former police chief of Charleston,SC was black and Jewish.

>smug magical negro wisdom shtick

Nah, it didn't come off that way, most of the time that shtick came from hippie dippie aliens and Injuns.

Guinan was more believable as a weird alien with lifetimes of experience than a lot of the other cast.

I don't know, she seemed incredibly smug most of the time and it rubbed me the wrong way. That "I know everything" attitude. I hate characters like that

So you hated Riker and Q?

I never got that impression from Riker, he was just Kirk with a beard and a trombone

Q got away with it because he was funny. Guinan wasn't amusing she was just there

i loved that

red corner: q, god like abilities to alter time, space and energy
blue corner: guinain, sells drinks in a bar, can make cat paws and offer advice

PLACE YOUR BETS

I don't really remember her appearing that way, or else I wrote it off as just "bartender courtesy".

Plus she did usually know better than the crew, and that was usually because the crew got the answer from her about something their own personal hubris/ignorance rather obviously blinded them to.

And those episodes where she knew the time continuum had changed I don't view as a slight on her character per se, just her alienness being used as a device to get the plot to move forward by the writers.

I always thought her hats covered up some kind of weird alien head

I was very disappointed when we saw her without it and this wasn't the case

Guinan was the first character in Trek to actually use the words "The Borg".

She was an "El-Aurian" and they were all portrayed as very long lived "extrasensory aliens" who apparently were indistinguishable from humans in every way.

They never wore prosthetics and in the Generations movie, are basically just wearing the same clothes and that's it.

I was under the impression that guinen possessed some abilities she never made known to anyone else.

I mean, why else would Q a literal god be wary of her. And in the episode where the enterprise c time travels and changes the future, where Tasha is still alive, guinen knew that it wasn't right even though she was changed as well.

>80 years too late

you'd THINK if you're a refugee taken in by the federation you might inform them about the formidable enemy that destroyed your home world..

Guinan was fine, the Crushers were the most annoying fucks on board.

Also compared to Neelix she's a fucking saint. Neelix is absolutely fucking irredeemable, he even manages to make his scenes with the Doc shit, and usually every scene the Doc touches is pure gold.

>I was under the impression that guinen possessed some abilities she never made known to anyone else.

Well, apparently it had something to do with the observation of timelines.

In Yesterday's Enterprise, she was the only person who realized they'd slipped into an alternate timeline.

If not for her realization and Picard's "leap of faith", they wouldn't have let Tasha onto the Enterprise-E.

This. Guinan even helps Troi get over her bullshit when she temporarily lost her powers.

>Neelix is absolutely fucking irredeemable

I'm yawning so hard over this cold take on character plebfilter.

Neelix was a comfortable character who was the only moral character in the show (if you take away the whole potentially pedophilic thing).

Guinan is cool because she was the person Picard went to if he needed advice. She made Picard more human. I like the bartender as a therapist trope, and OP is right Guinan had way better advice than Troi.

Yeah, he is a real moral and upstanding guy if you just ignore the fact he wants to have sex with tiny itty bitty baby girls. What a role model.

Does the "sticky on the hands, play hoverball" rule apply?

>Any TNG character: I don't know what to do
>Guinan, giving out some basic ass advice like: Have you tried listening or being nice?
>TNG character has a fucking revelation over this

Wow, what a wise character. Totally not a smug cunt that states the most obvious shit.

>Also she tormented Data constantly.
For some stupid reason, she was promoted to full commander over Data, and she was so fucking smug about it. Really pissed me off given how useless she is.

people in Star Trek are autistic. They are great at fixing computers and science and shit, but they are terrible at human interaction.

Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure everyone in DS9 has autism.

There is an outtake on one of the TNG gag reels.

It's from the space child / Leah Brahms episode.

In the episode, he asks Guinan for advice in talking with the program.

In the outtake, Whoopie says "well, did you ever consider trying to fuck the program?"

The funny thing is, the exposition is always stating some obvious stuff and the characters feel like a lightbulb just went off in their heads when she says it with that Pepe look on her face.

>Data literally saves the entire ship every other episode
>Picard will ask Data for his opinion more often than his XO
>He doesn't get the promotion

Literally how.

Nah she's the wise old person whom the crew can go to for guidence.

She might not have a use in every episode, but Guinan was a good character with a clear point in the show.

You could argue she's distinct from Troi in that Troi offers emotional support but Guinan offers wisdom, but given the choice between the two I think that Guinan is the more vital character and that plenty of Troi's moments of guidence could have been given to Guinan without it seeming odd.

All Troi had as distinctiveness from her was "I'm getting a feeling captain, I'm sensing emotion"

Whoopi Goldberg is still a terrible person though

anti-Android sentiment that's inherent to the human race

>Ayy lmao: Federation humans we will kill you!
>Picard: Placid soliloquies followed by observation paralleling a 21rst century event.
>Ayy lmao: We're not so different you and I.

O'Brien's not autistic. But I guess that's another layer to his suffering, being surrounded by autists.

>I alexander shiggy diggy.jpg

ARCHER: Hey, friends! How're things in Sector 3125.
ALIEN: Stand down your weapons; prepare to be boarded!
ARCHER: WTF, T'Pol, this wasn't real space flight!?

data never passed because he refused to kill geordie and offered to do it instead.

love how that j. paul boehmer guy got to play two different nazis in two different trek series

I always love the first Barclay episode where no one has any idea how to talk to a shy, withdrawn person. So they act like he's an asshole or leper and Will almost punches him for it.

>Turns out they met hundreds of years ago when Picard time travelled back to the 19th century to meet Mark Twain.
That was Data

>People think LaForge was a bad chief engineer

He made fucking miracles happen, and still had time for shady experiments on the side with Data.

i've never met anyone who didn't like Geordi

Replaced it. Cheers mate

Here's a bonus one.

>Ayy's: I don't think you will. The Federation's too soft. You can't do what needs to be done.
>Sisko: Are you certain of that? Because you'd bet-ter be DAMN SURE.
>Ayy's: Perhaps the Federation is not so weak after all.

Warp speed dont rainbow read me nigga

Holy shit how did she get away with this?

Troi was only there because Riker wanted to fuck her. We all know it.

Guinan had too much "magical negro" wibes going on. She came of as annoying and a literal plot device, like in Yesterday's Enterprise where Picard's has literal no reason to abide to her crazy views.
Anyway despite what Babylo- I mean DS9 posters would have you believe, Data is the best Star Trek character bar none.

He often has this tone of voice like he's talking to children on Reading Rainbow instead of grown ass adults in charge of a spaceship.

>Ayys: What is this Federation
>Janeway: Power up the weapons these hostiles won't stop us getting home
>Ayys: Mayb- [dull thuds and screaming]

>Enterprise bridge crew in charge of understanding anything about what he's talking about bar Data

He's basically talking to kids, he has to dumb it down and even then they need Data to parse it half the time.

Garak is better than Data and you are a fag.

Dude she has hundreds of years of sexual knowledge to unleash in the bedroom. She's gotta be the best lay on that ship.

>Best lay on the ship
>Not Data

He'd make you worship his perfect sexual routines and ideal synthcock

Nah Data doesnt improvise. He does exactly 46 thrusts for optimim human pleasure and then dismounts.

>Complaining about the bit where they boil down what the bullshit technobable was supposed to mean into something actually understandable

I'm not sure Star Trek is for you mate, because that's a key recurring thing in it.

Worked out for Forbes though
>I don't want to get stuck in a contract I want bit / recurring jobs
>she's still working bit / recurring jobs

At least she's not one of those dumb asses that left to go be a film star or some other thing that will never happen.

Like if you think about it Data is just a giant dildo.

>Spiners face when he kicked Spot because he fucking hates cats

man screw ro
>muh angry natasha yar replacement.

looks like... kraft punk

Gerodi eats ass.
O'Brien is into just missionary, but Keiko is a fucking freak and gets weird sometimes.
Riker is into roleplay, but like he's a teacher and Troi is a student and she has been bad after class.
Picard probably does weird shit with feet.

>Gerodi eats ass.